Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bacon

I don't know much about whats going on in Newry. I know they didn't field in Ballela and Kilclief and hadn't the manners to make a phone call.

I reckon they are struggling for numbers and if a few lads are injured theyre stuffed. They havent many minors or u16s coming through either so it could be a while before they are in better shape.
Down Championships Prediction League Winner 2009

Whitehair

re Shamrocks, I think Eoin Mc Guinness broke his collar bone in the football Championship last week as well as Artie being out injured the last month or so. They'v a limited squad and mustn't have fancied taking there chances against us after what went on before in the season.

Kilclief v Liatroim has the makings of a great game tonight. Kilclief are well enough balanced, have options on the bench and I doubt they'l be found wanting in the physical stakes. Liatroim by 2 and someone to see the line.

Bredagh by 20+ in the other semi. ;)

meatsy86

Any odds for this weekends championship matches?

Lecale2

Growler has brought organisation and structure to Kilclief and is getting more out of the same butch of players. They've improved as the season has gone on and will put it up to Liatroim. It's a pity the game clashed with Ballycran v Ballygalget in the Antrim league. I would have liked to have been at both.

The other semi final between Bredagh and Ballela is too close to call in my opinion. I hope Bredagh have the fire power up front to out score Ballela but our defence will need to tighten up.

In the Juniors Ballyvarley are looking very good but Warrenpoint are still favorites in my book.

It's a pity Newry felt they had to pull out of the IHC. I believe they have lads doing exams as well as injuries. It a shame the match wasn't put back to accommodate them. With a full team they are very competitive at this level.

dundroma

Quote from: dundroma on August 17, 2009, 10:19:58 PM
Senior Football
Burren v Saval
An Riocht v  Loughinisland
Mayobridge  v  Kilcoo
Clonduff v Liatriom

Intermediate Football
Ardglass v Dundrum
Ballymartin v Glasdrumman
Attical v Kilclief
Darragh Cross
v Downpatrick

Junior Football
Ballykinlar v Teconnaught
]Aghaderg v ]St Pauls[/b
]Bright
v Dromara
St John Bosco v Glenn

sorry about that

Whitehair

QuoteIt's a pity Newry felt they had to pull out of the IHC. I believe they have lads doing exams as well as injuries. It a shame the match wasn't put back to accommodate them. With a full team they are very competitive at this level.

I'd agree its a shame that Newry pulled out of the Championship but I dont think it should have been moved back to accomodate them. If lads have long term injuries theres nothing can be done about it. As for pandering to students who've failed exams, they make the choice the days they sit all day in the pub and and ly on in bed instead of going to  9 o clock classses, I should know im one of them.

johnneycool

Quote from: Whitehair on August 19, 2009, 12:57:00 PM
QuoteIt's a pity Newry felt they had to pull out of the IHC. I believe they have lads doing exams as well as injuries. It a shame the match wasn't put back to accommodate them. With a full team they are very competitive at this level.

I'd agree its a shame that Newry pulled out of the Championship but I dont think it should have been moved back to accomodate them. If lads have long term injuries theres nothing can be done about it. As for pandering to students who've failed exams, they make the choice the days they sit all day in the pub and and ly on in bed instead of going to  9 o clock classses, I should know im one of them.

I find it a bit surprising that that Newry took the decision to deprive 20 odd other hurlers championship hurling because two or three of their better hurlers are out either through injury or exams. It seems a bit of a short sighted policy and detrimental to the development of any up and coming hurlers just because you are less likely to win!! If you can gather up 15, get them out there.

THE DADGA

Quote from: Lecale2 on August 19, 2009, 12:32:10 PM
Growler has brought organisation and structure to Kilclief and is getting more out of the same butch of players. They've improved as the season has gone on and will put it up to Liatroim. It's a pity the game clashed with Ballycran v Ballygalget in the Antrim league. I would have liked to have been at both.

The other semi final between Bredagh and Ballela is too close to call in my opinion. I hope Bredagh have the fire power up front to out score Ballela but our defence will need to tighten up.

In the Juniors Ballyvarley are looking very good but Warrenpoint are still favorites in my book.

It's a pity Newry felt they had to pull out of the IHC. I believe they have lads doing exams as well as injuries. It a shame the match wasn't put back to accommodate them. With a full team they are very competitive at this level.

think ballela could be a dark horse for the intermediate this year: they've played the guts of thirty odd matches this year through ulster league and south antrim thus they'll have had plenty of hard hittin hurling. however fitness could catch them out in the forward line especially.

cant see ballyvarley winning the junior this year; terribly slow team all over the field and only do well when they bring other teams down to their own level. i would be surprised if castlewellan catch them out in ballela.

Minus15

Senior Football
Burren v Saval
An Riocht v  Loughinisland
Mayobridge  v  Kilcoo
Clonduff v Liatriom

Intermediate Football
Ardglass v Dundrum
Attical v Kilclief
Darragh Cross v Downpatrick

Junior Football
Aghaderg v St Pauls
Bright v Dromara
St John Bosco v Glenn

Minus15

Did Ardglass v drumgath not go ahead in div 3 monday night?

maldini

i heard the referees meeting on Monday night descended into a farce with an argument about expenses. a lot of the refs want the match fee put up to £30 from £20

what a bunch of clowns!

county colours

Yes Maldini, I was at the meeting and it just served to highlight why the standard of refereeing in the county is so low. The agenda of the meeting was to clarify certain rules etc, but as always certain refs brought up the topic of expenses at the earliest opportunity and thus this dominated the rest of the meeting.

Some of these men dont care about refereeing standards and are only thinking of how big their expenses cheque can be at the end of the year. I dont want to condemn all refs cos we do have some top class refs in the county, however, a lot of them are simply miserable men seeking expenses!!

>:( >:( >:(

THE DADGA

any word on how liatrom vs kilclief and or cran's vs galgets went?

off the laces

Burren v Saval
An Riocht v   Loughinisland
Mayobridge  v  Kilcoo
Clonduff v Liatriom

Intermediate Football

Ardglass v Dundrum
Attical v Kilclief
Darragh Cross v Downpatrick

Junior Football