off the laces

Quote from: Fender on August 11, 2009, 03:07:16 AM
in all fairness whitnell is a down legend
A Christ he already has a big head lets not make it any BIGGER. ;D
Keeps 'er' straight

Nailed On

Quote from: Fender on August 11, 2009, 03:07:16 AM
in all fairness whitnell is a down legend

Two page spread on him in this weeks Gaelic Life.

T O Hare

Has anyone got the team and subs for Burren last night??????
"2008 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

thewobbler

1. Mark Rocks
2. One of the McGiverns (Ryan?)
3. Paddy Mohan
4. Ryan McGovern
5. Chris McGovern
6. Ciaran McGovern
7. Dan McCartan
8. Gerard McCartan
9. Declan Rooney
10. James McGovern
11. Kevin McKernan
12. Eamon McGovern
13. Paudie Poland
14. Cathal Murdock
15.  Might have been Chris McCann. I can't remember.

Subs who came on were Ciaran Byrne, Brian Murphy and I think PJ McAlinden got a run out. Might have been a 4th too. I was looking at the ground mostly by that stage.

T O Hare

Quote from: thewobbler on August 11, 2009, 11:39:15 AM
1. Mark Rocks
3. Paddy Mohan
4. Ryan McGovern
5. Chris McGovern
6. Ciaran McGovern
7. Dan McCartan
8. Gerard McCartan
9. Declan Rooney
10. James McGovern
11. Kevin McKernan
12. Eamon McGovern
13. Paudie Poland
14. Cathal Murdock

Subs who came on were Ciaran Byrne, Brian Murphy and I think PJ McAlinden got a run out. Might have been a 4th too. I was looking at the ground mostly by that stage.

Cheers wobbler

True Blue

Quote from: thewobbler on August 11, 2009, 11:39:15 AM
1. Mark Rocks
3. Paddy Mohan
4. Ryan McGovern
5. Chris McGovern
6. Ciaran McGovern
7. Dan McCartan
8. Gerard McCartan
9. Declan Rooney
10. James McGovern
11. Kevin McKernan
12. Eamon McGovern
13. Paudie Poland
14. Cathal Murdock

15. Conall MCGovern
The minute you start talking about what you're going to do if you lose, you have lost.

behind the wire

just out of interest lads, mark valentine seemed to get very badly injured in the loughinisland v warrenpoint game. was he ok?
He who laughs last thinks the slowest

supersub

That was a young enough burren team! who did the scoring? No eamon toner the down u21?

Dulaney

Was at the Burren game last nite an also noted how young the burren team was, i think James McGovern at 23 was the oldest of the forwards!! Was talking to a burren man an he said Eamon Toner was out due to a head injury i think otherwise he would have been playing!!! on another note i wasn't far from the burren dug-out and the burren management were warming up PJ McAllinden and Paudric O'Rourke to come on until Kevin McKernan game running over and told the management to save these boys for the 2nds so they then put on Ciaran Byrne and Brian Murphy. Maybe in a tight game you would have to make these changes but burren had the game won handily last nite and to introduce these 2 boys and rule them outs the 2nds would have been idiotic, im suprised it took McKernan to come over and tell them the smart thing to do!!!!

True Blue

Was at all 1st round SFC games and these are my own thoughts. feel free to comment

Liatriom - Very strong up the middle and will be evn stronger with Doyle added to the starting 15.  on their day they are capable of beating any team but thought when the Stone ran directly at them like they did in the first half their defence was vunerable. a good draw could see them in a semi.

Kilcoo - If they can produce their 2nd half display for a full hour they will be a match for everyone. 2 brannigans in defence were excellent and although a pain in the backside Laverty tormented the Ford for the whole hour. its wat he does best. Like him or loathe him he is a good footballer. with the right draw could get to the final.

An Riocht - the first of the 3 mis-matches of the first round and although they disposed of C na B with no bother they do rely on Clarke and Colgan, who will not have the freedom in 1/4 final as they did on sat nite. in my opinion beaten 1/4 finalists.

L/Island - a very poor Island team beat an even poorer Point team. Not sending out the signals they did last year. without Dan & the 2 O'Reilly's starting they look a very pale shade of last years side. Dont see them progressing past the next round unless they draw an Riocht and even that is no easy game for them at the moment.

Saval - Jekyll & Hyde Poor 1st half, great 2nd half. rely too much on kearney and hughes. McConville did get the winning goal (please dont kiss to the crowd next time Fergal) his conversion rate was poor, wasted quite a number easy points.
If playing well they mite sneak into a semi

Mayobridge - the 2nd mis-match but you can only beat who is in front of you and they did that with ease. will anyone want them in the next round, i say no more, the team that beats the bridge will win the championship

Rostrevor - will be happy to get another bite at the cherry tomorrow nite. they are a very hard working team with a strong panel. one problem the have is in the middle of the field. they dont have a player who will win clean ball from kickouts and will rely on break ball. if they win enough they do have the firepower to trouble teams with parr cole and the mackins.

Clonduff - did they miss the boat? well they probably had the better of the chances versus rostrevor but were not clinical enough. again they have a good mixture of youth and experience in there 15 and with jason brown to come into that starting 15 it is another headache for the reds defence. if they get past the reds it might be as far as it goes

Burren - a very young team with great energy and movement around the field, hard tackling, a strong bench but you cannot take anything from the game as the harps just didnt put up any defence. they wil not have as much room in the 1/4 finals but in saying that they will be in with a good shout.

my order of the last nine

bridge
kilcoo & burren
rostrevor
saval & clonduff
liatriom
island
an riocht
The minute you start talking about what you're going to do if you lose, you have lost.

T O Hare

Is Ross McGarry fit for Saturdays game?????... I see he wasn't playing for the Point at the weekend!!!!!!!!!!!!

True Blue

Quote from: T O Hare on August 11, 2009, 05:43:07 PM
Is Ross McGarry fit for Saturdays game?????... I see he wasn't playing for the Point at the weekend!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ross is 100% unlike some of the other county minors clarke & white (are 2 i know played this weekend), he wont play for his club in the league or championship until the county minors are knocked out. with the way we played on sat nite we could have done with him in the forward line. he wouldnt have got us victory but he would have helped sean mcmullan in winning ball in a very poor forward line

T O Hare

Quote from: True Blue on August 11, 2009, 05:49:31 PM
Quote from: T O Hare on August 11, 2009, 05:43:07 PM

Ross is 100% unlike some of the other county minors clarke & white (are 2 i know played this weekend), he wont play for his club in the league or championship until the county minors are knocked out. with the way we played on sat nite we could have done with him in the forward line. he wouldnt have got us victory but he would have helped sean mcmullan in winning ball in a very poor forward line

??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ::) ::)

DownFanatic

Mark Haughey didn't play for the Shamrocks either in their game against Kilclief.

I don't think it is very becoming of a young player to throw his club on the scrap heap when a county match is coming up. Id say a lot of McGarry's peers at the Point are very fucked off with him. Its a bad attitude to have. If he's eligible to play for the club he should be there. Simple.

Out in Front

Umpire, could you pm me, I've a handfull of sports related books I'll donate as a prize/prizes for the Prediction League.