Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

amallon

An absolute character and yesterday was a fitting tribute to the man.  RIP – Mickey Annett
Disclaimer: I am responsible for MY comments only.  I don't own this site.

umpire

Michael Annett. Mayobridge/Ballymartin
Deepest sympathy to his wife, his family and the Poland family. R.I.P.

umpire

Fender.

You have already entered your prediction on page 673 poster no 10080 and that the one will be in this prediction league.

Johnnie99

Senior football
Liatriom v Longstone      
Bryansford v Kilcoo
Clann na Banna v An Riocht
Loughinisland v Warrenpoint
Castlewellan v Saval
Mayobridge v Annaclone
Clonduff v Rostrevor
Ballyholland v Burren

Intermediate football
Ardglass v Carryduff
Glasdrumman v Drumaness
Shamrocks v Kilclief
Ballymartin v Drumgath
Dundrum v Saul
Bredagh v Atticall
Downpatrick v Tullylish
Darragh Cross v St Johns

Junior Football Championship
Dromara v Aughlisnafin
St Michaels v Glenn
Mitchels v Teconnaught

football-4-life

R.I.P Mickey Annett!! A True Legend!! Brillant Sports Man

bredaghgael86

Ill give it rattle too.

Senior football
Liatriom v Longstone      
Bryansford v Kilcoo
Castlewellan v Saval
Mayobridge v Annaclone
Clonduff v Rostrevor
Ballyholland v Burren

Intermediate football
Ardglass v Carryduff
Glasdrumman v Drumaness
Shamrocks v Kilclief
Ballymartin v Drumgath
Dundrum v Saul
Bredagh v Atticall  (somebody has to)
Downpatrick v Tullylish
Darragh Cross v St Johns

Dromara v Aughlisnafin
St Michaels v Glenn
Mitchels v Teconnaught

[/quote]

Maiden1

Quote from: DownFanatic on July 11, 2009, 07:15:07 PM
Quote from: passedit on July 11, 2009, 08:37:54 AM
Quote from: Square Ball on July 10, 2009, 11:30:37 PM
Quote from: In the Onion Bag on July 10, 2009, 11:26:27 PM
What's the story here.
Surely something major has happened.  How could lowly St Pauls win away to Drumgath?????     

love DFs theory, Oxygenitius  :D

It's not rocket science lads, holiday season and all teams will be short a few, some more than others. Most teams accept it and play the hand they're dealt. (Most teams)

Quote from: Square Ball on July 10, 2009, 11:30:37 PM
or one player scores 2-10 on his return, uummm let me see, wonder what the other teams will do when playing them

Ye can stick two or three players on him if ye want or just stick scrappy on him and hope the both of them get sent off, we're just glad he's back. Couple more long termers due back soon so we might be a bit more competitive in the run in, whether it'll be enough to get out of the bottom four, only time will tell. Hell we might even keep it kicked out to ye on the 26th or the 3rd or whenever all your lads are back from their holliers  ;)

Scrappy - discipline issues? Never...

P.S - Was just nosying on the Dromara website there. In 1990 they beat Ballymartin in the Final of the IFC. Dromara were a Division 3 side that year.
The following year, 1991, they beat Rostrevor in the 1st Round of the SFC before going down narrowly to Downpatrick in the last 8, whilst still being a Division 3 team. Very interesting.

They did well.  They went from playing in the reserve league to mid table division 2 in a few years and won the Intermediate championship as well.  Donal 'Duck' Bell was player manager of them then, he managed Mayobridge when they won there first league title since the 50's not long after he left Dromara.
There are no proofs, only opinions.

eyeswideopen

Senior Championship

Liatriom v Longstone      
Bryansford v Kilcoo
Castlewellan v Saval
Mayobridge v Annaclone
Clonduff v Rostrevor
Ballyholland v Burren

Intermediate Championship

Ardglass v Carryduff
Glasdrumman v Drumaness
Shamrocks v Kilclief
Ballymartin v Drumgath
Dundrum v Saul
Bredagh v Atticall
Downpatrick v Tullylish
Darragh Cross v St Johns

Dromara v Aughlisnafin
St Michaels v Glenn
Mitchels v Teconnaught

Dangerous Person

Well said bridgegael. Will be deeply missed around Mayobridge. He has done fantastic work with the underage teams from the last 10 years. His enthusiasm for football rubbed off on the young players and you will never find anyone who has a bad word to say about him. One of the most entertaining and enthusiastic men I have have ever met, and he will be deeply missed by everyone in Mayobridge and beyond.

RIP Mickey Annett

T O Hare

Quote from: bridgegael on July 15, 2009, 07:55:24 AM
RIP    mickey annett

the man will never ever be forgot about the 'bridge! uncle of john clarke and cousin of benny coulter he was just a pure legend. i'm sure some of the posters on here knew mickey-not to many didn't-he just left an impression n everyone! it just showed yesterday how well thought of mickey was, the amount of people turned up to his funeral was unreal.  they'll still be talking bout him in years to come!!  i for one will never ever forget the man!!

A legend who will be deeply missed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"2008 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

D4S

R.I.P Mickey a very likeable personality who will be sorely missed by Mayobridge and his large family around Mourne! Very sad...
The secret of success in life is for a man to be ready for his opportunity when it comes.

WhoAreYaWhoAreYa!

DownFanatic

Connolly Cup Quarter Final
Teconnaught 0-07  Dromara 0-08

Ballykinlar play Dundrum tomorrow night in the last remaining quarter final.

Dubh driocht

Sad news about Michael Annett.Knew him as a child and played against him many times- always hard but fair, big smile on his face afterwards and full of craic.

In the Onion Bag

Quote from: Dubh driocht on July 16, 2009, 12:21:56 PM
Sad news about Michael Annett.Knew him as a child and played against him many times- always hard but fair, big smile on his face afterwards and full of craic.

Been away from the board for a while.  Was shocked to read this.  Is this the same Micky (I knew him as Michael) brother of Raymond, and Martin? 
If so how young and how sad.  I remember him very fondly.  A good gael from a good gael family.
( If I've got the wrong Micky I apologise)