Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

5 Sams

Quote from: Lecale2 on July 07, 2009, 08:58:54 AM
Has anyone this weeks fixtures? I didn't get the usual Sunday evening E Mail.

They're on the Down website Lecale...no e mail was issued and the fixtures arent in the Irish News either....Sean Rooney must be on hols.
The Aristocrat Years

supersub

Are all fixtures still on Thursday night as per website fixtures? Or are there changes...like nearly every week!

DownFanatic

Can anyone remember who ran the Down Championships Predicition competition on the board last year? Fancy doing it again?

I wouldn't mind retaining my title  ;)

Lecale2

POWERADE SENIOR FOOTBALL CHAMPIONSHIP 2009

TIME                   VENUE    REFEREE
   8/6/09    7.30    Liatroim    V    Longstone    Newcastle    D Laverty
   8/7/09    7.45    Bryansford    V    Kilcoo    Clonduff    B Rice
   8/8/09    6.00    Clann Na Banna    V    An Riocht    Castlewellan    L Morgan
   8/8/09    7.45    Loughinisland    V    Warrenpoint    Castlewellan    E O Hare
   8/9/09    3.30    Castlewellan     V    Saval    Burren    C Brannigan
   8/9/09    6.00    Mayobridge    V    Annaclone    Pairc Esler    G Brannigan
   8/9/09    7.45    Clonduff    V    Rostrevor    Pairc Esler    G Tumelty
   8/10/09    7.30    Ballyholand    V    Burren    Saval    G Corrigan

8/6/09    7.30    Ardglass    V    Carryduff    Darragh Cross    C Reynolds
   8/7/09    6.30    Glassdrumman    V    Drumaness    Clonduff    P Brannigan
   8/8/09    4.30    Shamrocks    V    Kilclief    Dundrum    J Burns
   8/9/09    2.30    Ballymartin    V    Drumgath    Burren    D Brogan
   8/10/09    7.30    Dundrum    V    Saul    Bright    J Killen
   8/10/09    7.30    Bredagh    V    Atticall    Loughinisland    M Rawlinson
   8/11/09    7.30    Downpatrick    V    Tullylish    Newcastle    B Andrews
   8/11/09    7.30    Darragh Cross    V    St Johns    Teconnaught    A Grant

JUNIOR FOOTBALL CHAMPIONSHIP
   8/9/09    1.00    Dromara    V    Aughlisnafinn    Ballykinlar    E Mulvenna
   8/9/09    1.00    St Michaels    V    Glenn    Annaclone    E McGrath
   8/9/09    1.00    Mitchells    V    Teconnaught    Kilcoo    O Burke

umpire

Last year Predictions league,

downfanatic, its will be difficult to win it 2 in a row.
D45 nearly caught you after he missed the first round.

31   downfanatic
30   Niall Quinn
30   off the laces
29   D45
28   Amallon
28   Umpire
24   dundrumite
23   Minus15
22   General
22   Square Ball
20   Islandboy
20   Bridgegael
18   thewobbler
17   Brick Tamlin
13   Centre 3/4
12   Aristotle Flynn
12   NO 1
11   BRIDGE LAD
11   Statto-gael
10   Maiden 1
8   Dulaney
8   Passedit
7   Blue Island
5   Stiff Breeze
4   SQUAREBALL
4   eyeswideopen
3   Behind the wire
3   spiritof91and94

I will be happy to orgainise it again.

Mid Down Gael

Minor championship quarter final result

Kilcoo 3-9 St Marys 1-7

DownFanatic

Minor B Championship Quarter Final
Castlewellan 7-10  St Josephs 0-12

Saval beat Drumgath by 6 in one of the other B Quarter Finals.

thewobbler

Balllyholland beat Shamrocks by a point tonight in the MFC Q/F.

Out in Front

Quote from: Lecale2 on July 07, 2009, 08:58:54 AM
Has anyone this weeks fixtures? I didn't get the usual Sunday evening E Mail.

Wednesday July 8 (7.30pm)
ACHL Division 1 
Portaferry v Bredagh(P Braniff)
ACHL Division 2 
Ballygalget v Castlewellan(C O'Flynn), Ballycran v Warrenpoint (S Fitzsimmons), Clonduff v Portaferry (N Morgan)
ACFL Division 3
Teconnaught v Drumaness (G Tumelty)
Thursday July 9 (7.30pm)
ACFL Division 1
Liatroim v Clonduff (P Brannigan), Saval v Bryansford (L Smith), Warrenpoint v Burren (E O'Hare), Kilcoo v Longstone (G Corrigan), Castlewellan v Rostrevor (E Mc Elroy), Mayobridge v Loughinisland (D Carr)
ACFL Division 2
Annaclone v Darragh Cross (E McGrath), Ballymartin v Shamrocks (D Laverty), Glasdrumman v Atticall (M Rawlinson), An Riocht v Downpatrick (J Burns), Clann na Banna v Carryduff (HP McCusker), Kilclief v Ballyholland (C Brannigan)
ACFL Division 3
Saul v Dundrum (L Morgan), Aghaderg v Ardglass (D Kearns), Drumgath v St Paul's (D Moore), Tullylish v Glenn (P McDade), Bredagh v St John's (M Curran)
ACFL Division 4
Dromara v St John Bosco (J Mc Mullan), Ballykinlar v Mitchels (O Burke), St Michael's v Bright (M Devlin)

South Down
Wednesday July 8
Ballykelly Group U16 FL (7.30pm)
Burren v Warrenpoint (L Smyth), Mayobridge v Shamrocks (B Andrews), Clonduff v Rostrevor (S Lowey), Tullylish v Longstone (G Kerr), Glenn v An Riocht (E McGrath), Ballymartin OFF Saval, Ballyholland v Bosco (S Flynn), Clann na Banna v Glasdrumman (M Devlin), Atticall v Mitchels (N Cousins), Annaderg v Drumgath (P Preece)
Friday July 10
McAvoy Construction LLP U14B FC (7.30pm)
Tullylish v Annaderg (D Kearns), Bosco v Drumgath (L Smyth)

D4S

Quote from: umpire on July 07, 2009, 07:19:28 PM
Last year Predictions league,

downfanatic, its will be difficult to win it 2 in a row.
D45 nearly caught you after he missed the first round.

Good memory Umpire, I would have won the coveted title only for my 1st round absence! Should do it again but probably time enough for another 2 weeks after the holidays we'll get into championship mode.  Who does everyone think are the contenders at the minute...is it goin to be Mayobridge again???
The secret of success in life is for a man to be ready for his opportunity when it comes.

down6061689194

I fancy bryansford to put it up to the rest this year. If they stay apart id go for bridge to beat bryansford in the final. If they meet before the final Bryansford to beat bridge and go on to win.

D4S

Seems to be a lot of teams at the minute carrying a lot of injuries...always miraculously healed by the time the championship comes round ::)! I would say that Bryansford, Longstone, Burren, + Castlewellan are best poised to challenge the bridge.   Burren aren't playin great but you would expect them to get by Ballyholland in the 1st round and then improve against stronger opposition.  Castlewellan should take Saval by 4 or 5, and with Longstone having hit a good run of form the last few weeks, and beaten Liatroim twice in the league we'd hope we can take them this year after last years disappointment! Bryansford have a tough opener against Kilcoo, and if Kilcoo can get a few men back from injury/working away etc it should be a great game but if the Ford win this 1 they will take great confidence.  Very unfortunate for them that Luke Howard out for the rest of the year though so it is a big blow when you're down 1 of your best players as we found last year with injuries to Mark Poland and Ambrose.  Hoping for a good competitive championship and a new name on the trophy (anyone but the Bridge or Burren ;))!
The secret of success in life is for a man to be ready for his opportunity when it comes.

DownFanatic

Teconnaught beat Drumaness 0-10 to 1-05 in Division 3 tonight.

T O Hare

Quote from: D4S on July 08, 2009, 08:15:53 PM
Seems to be a lot of teams at the minute carrying a lot of injuries...always miraculously healed by the time the championship comes round ::)! I would say that Bryansford, Longstone, Burren, + Castlewellan are best poised to challenge the bridge.   Burren aren't playin great but you would expect them to get by Ballyholland in the 1st round and then improve against stronger opposition.  Castlewellan should take Saval by 4 or 5, and with Longstone having hit a good run of form the last few weeks, and beaten Liatroim twice in the league we'd hope we can take them this year after last years disappointment! Bryansford have a tough opener against Kilcoo, and if Kilcoo can get a few men back from injury/working away etc it should be a great game but if the Ford win this 1 they will take great confidence.  Very unfortunate for them that Luke Howard out for the rest of the year though so it is a big blow when you're down 1 of your best players as we found last year with injuries to Mark Poland and Ambrose.  Hoping for a good competitive championship and a new name on the trophy (anyone but the Bridge or Burren ;))!

Burren's name is not on Frank Og O'Hare ;D ;D ;D :D
"2008 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

amallon

Some good ties in the first round but Bryansford v Kilcoo is the pick of them.  My championship contenders are Bryansford/Kilcoo, Castlewellan, Mayobridge and Burren.  There are signs of improvement in the Stone but its two early to say if they are back to the form they were in the season before last.

My Predictions in bold
Liatroim    V    Longstone
Bryansford    V    Kilcoo    
Clann Na Banna    V    An Riocht    
Loughinisland    V    Warrenpoint  
Castlewellan     V    Saval    
Mayobridge    V    Annaclone
Clonduff    V    Rostrevor    
Ballyholand    V    Burren    
Disclaimer: I am responsible for MY comments only.  I don't own this site.