Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mid Down Gael

Very good report A Mallon. Kilcoo had two changes in personnel to that named in the programme so it was not a complete dud team. I agree the changes should have been passed to yous even though the replacements wore their programme numbers. Jim McCorry must have been trying a Ross Carr stunt last night in withholding information. Great programme produced which you and others deserve great credit for.

umpire

A.Mallon

Enjoyed your details above.

I would say that if the Bridge were to lose the Championship this year, its will be the Ford to take it.
So many outstanding players all coming good for Ford at the moment.

Whitehair

ACHL Div1

Ballela W/O Newry Shamrocks D/F

Any other results?

johnneycool

Quote from: Whitehair on July 01, 2009, 08:45:52 PM
ACHL Div1

Any other results?

Our lads beat Kilclief by 6 in a fairly decent game last night, they were minus Finty who'd be a big loss for them but Rosie (Kerr, I think!) was hurling well for them and put over a few nice scores until our mangement belatedly decided to move Seamy Roddy onto him and that curtailed him a bit but he was still dangerous.

Did Rosie never both the juniors? It's a pity as he'd be well worth a shout at the senior panel also.

Final score 2-16 to 1-13.

What's happened the shamrocks? They have started calling off games recently!! I suppose they didn't want to travel to that intimidating ground of yours whitehair!  ;)

Lecale2

Div 1
Bredagh 0-9 2-14 Ballycran

After 3 very poor performances in a week our lads actually played well in this game against a strong cran IIs.

Div 2
Ballycran 3-11 0-9 Castlewellan
Carryduff 1-5 2-6 Clonduff

spiritof91and94

Good report A Mallon - dont big us up too much all we wanted was to stay in Div One this year and then try to kick on in 2010 anything else is a bonus..

D4S

Did anyone else hear Danny + Jonny Hughes being interviewed on RTE  Radio 1 Sports news this morning around 8.40am?  Was good, only lasted a couple of minutes, they were both on the phone and discussing the prospect of playing against and possibly marking each other Saturday evening! Will be a great piece of history although I know it has happened before I don't think any brothers have ever marked each other! Also mentioned how Jonny Hughes had to go to London for a quantity surveying job as no work here, and that's why he's playing with London.  Danny mentiones that he's a big loss to the club too which is a concerning issue for GAA clubs throughout Ireland at the minute.  It ended on a funny lighter note however when Danny said that if they end up marking each other he would skin jonny....Jonny replied by saying his dad always says that Danny's a bit of an airhead and fancies himself a bit, great comeback :D
The secret of success in life is for a man to be ready for his opportunity when it comes.

T O Hare

Quote from: D4S on July 02, 2009, 11:31:45 AM
Did anyone else hear Danny + Jonny Hughes being interviewed on RTE  Radio 1 Sports news this morning around 8.40am?  Was good, only lasted a couple of minutes, they were both on the phone and discussing the prospect of playing against and possibly marking each other Saturday evening! Will be a great piece of history although I know it has happened before I don't think any brothers have ever marked each other! Also mentioned how Jonny Hughes had to go to London for a quantity surveying job as no work here, and that's why he's playing with London.  Danny mentiones that he's a big loss to the club too which is a concerning issue for GAA clubs throughout Ireland at the minute.  It ended on a funny lighter note however when Danny said that if they end up marking each other he would skin jonny....Jonny replied by saying his dad always says that Danny's a bit of an airhead and fancies himself a bit, great comeback :D

Very good ;D ;D
"2008 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

Whitehair

Quote from: johnneycool on July 02, 2009, 08:55:20 AM
Quote from: Whitehair on July 01, 2009, 08:45:52 PM
ACHL Div1

Any other results?

Our lads beat Kilclief by 6 in a fairly decent game last night, they were minus Finty who'd be a big loss for them but Rosie (Kerr, I think!) was hurling well for them and put over a few nice scores until our mangement belatedly decided to move Seamy Roddy onto him and that curtailed him a bit but he was still dangerous.

Did Rosie never both the juniors? It's a pity as he'd be well worth a shout at the senior panel also.

Final score 2-16 to 1-13.

What's happened the shamrocks? They have started calling off games recently!! I suppose they didn't want to travel to that intimidating ground of yours whitehair!  ;)

Ciaran Sloan(Rosie) was on the Juniors for a few years and played with them for part of last year but like some of the lads from our club he never stuck with it. Its disapointing the fellas who could play for the Juniors but never bother. They shot 17 wides in the second half of the Lory Meagher semi on Saturday there and went through four free takers. It would have made for an even better day in Croker playing on the bill with the Seniors had they won.

Aye Shamrocks mustn't have fancied playing us without Courtney and Artie Mc Guinness who was injured playing for the Juniors. Deccy Magee turned up to referee regardless of Newrys attempts.

Lecale2

Deccy won't like that. A phone call does cost much.

An Cloch Scoilte

Down Team for London game.

The following is the down team to take on london in pairc esler newry on saturday evening at 7pm

1. Brendan McVeigh
2. Ciaran McGovern
3. Kevin McKernan
4. Damian Rafferty
5. Timmy Hanna
6. Paul Murphy
7. Conor Garvey
8. Dan Gordan
9. Stephen Kearney
10. Daniel Hughes
11. Conor Maginn
12. Brendan McArdle
13. Brendan Coulter
14. Paul McCumiskey
15. John Boyle

maldini

Quote from: An Cloch Scoilte on July 02, 2009, 10:43:11 PM
Down Team for London game.

The following is the down team to take on london in pairc esler newry on saturday evening at 7pm

1. Brendan McVeigh
2. Ciaran McGovern
3. Kevin McKernan
4. Damian Rafferty
5. Timmy Hanna
6. Paul Murphy
7. Conor Garvey
8. Dan Gordan
9. Stephen Kearney
10. Daniel Hughes
11. Conor Maginn
12. Brendan McArdle
13. Brendan Coulter
14. Paul McCumiskey
15. John Boyle

no doubt the team that takes to the field will b a lot different to this as Carr seems to think this will really hoodwink rival managers. The London manager mite fall for the old trick.......

supersub

I think it is more just to get a team out to the press rather than to deceive other managers. Can't see how any manager would be taking notice of the others team selection given how its being announced and changed these days!

Square Ball

Friday 03rd July 2009
O Neills Down SFL Division 1
Team 1 Score Score Team 2 Venue Comment   
Longstone  1-14 1-11 Bryansford  Longstone Round 13 
O Neills Down SFL Division 2
Darragh Cross  1-7 1-11 Kilclief  Darragh Cross Round 13 
O Neills Down SFL Division 3
St Pauls  0-12 1-10 Saul  St Pauls Round 13 
Aghaderg  0-5 1-13 Drumaness  Aghaderg Round 13