Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trevor Hill

Didnt realise the Donegal forward got a touch on the ball, I was behind those goals so just saw a high ball coming in and the keeper following the defender and Donegal forward out past the square. If he had stayed on his line he would have been ok, he doesnt seem to make many calls, preferring to let the full back make decisions for him. Still it was good to get the win.

DownFanatic

Im just wondering whether the barracking of county players in Division 1 from opposition fans is a regular occurrence?

On Friday night we played Tullylish and the abuse that Paul McComiskey got from the Tullylish supporters was unbeleivable. He was jeered and had obscentities shouted at him everytime he made a mistake. Then when a Tullylish defender took him out off the ball, the Lish support cheered more for this incident than they had all night when their team scored.

This verbal abuse has been going on all year and im just wondering whether it is part and parcel of our game? Im thinking it must be.

PS - Does anyone have the East Down fixtures for this week?

bridgegael

PRFC

Kilcoo      0.07
m'bridge   4.15
"2009 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

BRIDGE LAD

Quote from: bridgegael on June 28, 2009, 03:42:08 PM
PRFC

Kilcoo      0.07
m'bridge   4.15

Were u at the game Gael? Wat happened there? Thought the seconds werent going too good recently!

T O Hare

Quote from: BRIDGE LAD on June 28, 2009, 09:14:01 PM
PRFC

Kilcoo      0.07
m'bridge   4.15

Were u at the game Gael? Wat happened there? Thought the seconds werent going too good recently!
:)
"2008 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

passedit

Quote from: DownFanatic on June 28, 2009, 01:32:00 PM
Im just wondering whether the barracking of county players in Division 1 from opposition fans is a regular occurrence?

On Friday night we played Tullylish and the abuse that Paul McComiskey got from the Tullylish supporters was unbeleivable. He was jeered and had obscentities shouted at him everytime he made a mistake. Then when a Tullylish defender took him out off the ball, the Lish support cheered more for this incident than they had all night when their team scored.

This verbal abuse has been going on all year and im just wondering whether it is part and parcel of our game? Im thinking it must be.

Bit too precious there DF, I'd have thought that the opposition's support would always have it in for a teams highest profile player. Tullylish fans would be well aware of the abuse Wee James got both on and off the pitch. Goes with the territory i'm afraid.

I'm sure it was no worse than the abuse your 'supporters' dished out to the cricket players of holywood and i'm certain that none of them ran on and struck any player, as happened in a game involving your team recently.
Don't Panic

behind the wire

Quote from: passedit on June 29, 2009, 09:35:36 AM

Bit too precious there DF, I'd have thought that the opposition's support would always have it in for a teams highest profile player. Tullylish fans would be well aware of the abuse Wee James got both on and off the pitch. Goes with the territory i'm afraid.

I'm sure it was no worse than the abuse your 'supporters' dished out to the cricket players of holywood and i'm certain that none of them ran on and struck any player, as happened in a game involving your team recently.

was at the game. there was a bit of abuse dished out towards mccomiskey from the sidelines alright but as passedit says it seems to come with the territory. his performance left a good bit to be desired which is why i would think he was getting a bit of stick.

were you playing DF?
He who laughs last thinks the slowest

spiritof91and94

Quote from: Mid Down Gael on June 26, 2009, 10:02:32 PM
Quote from: centre 3/4s on June 26, 2009, 09:46:46 PM
Quote from: Mid Down Gael on June 26, 2009, 09:06:18 PM
Division one Result

Bryansford 1-11 Burren 0-11

Thats a big result for the ford was talking to one of there management and he told me because of holidays and various things that they would be severly weakened this week.. obviously not!!

They where minus Luke Howard, Brian King and Pete Travers. Joe Ireland came on in second half.

Plus another couple and the 4 minors - Howard is out for the season, he had surgery last week on his cartilage.

An Cloch Scoilte

East Down GAA Fixtures
Plus 2 Print Downpatrick U- 18 League         
Date  Tuesday  30th  June Time 7.30pm         
U-18 Football League Section "A" 2009         
   Round.Eleven         
   St. Mary's   v   Carryduff   P Brannigan
   Bryansford   v   Bredagh   D Laverty
   Castlewellan   v   Kilcoo   E O' Hare
U-18 Football League Section "B" 2009         
   Round Eleven         
   Ardglass   v   Cill Darrach   G Tumelty
   St. Joseph's   v   Teconnaught   G Brannigan
Plus 2 Print Downpatrick U- 16 League         
Date  Wednesday 1st July  June Time 7.30pm      
U-16 Football League Section "A" 2009   
   Round Ten         
   Downpatrick   v   Bredagh   P Brannigan
   St. John's   v   St. Mary's   D Laverty
   Carryduff   v   Loughinisland   E Mulvenna
   Kilcoo   v   Bryansford   P Mc Cartan
   Castlewellan   v   Saul   G Brannigan
   St. Paul's   v   Cill Darach   E O' Hare
Section B            
   Round Ten         
   Drumaness   v   Cill Breactain   J Mc Mullan
   St Joseph's   v   Bredagh   G Corrigan
Plus 2 Print Downpatrick U- 12 League         
Date  Wednesday 1st July  June Time 7.30pm      
U-12 Football League Section "A" 2009   
   Bredagh   v   Kilcoo   M Davey
Plus 2 Print Downpatrick U- 14 League         
Date  Thursday  2nd July   Time 7.30pm         
U-14 Football League Section "A" 2009   
   Round.Ten         
   Kilcoo   v   Bryansford   G Tumelty
   Castlewellan   v   Bredagh   M Rawlinston
U-14 Football League Section "B1" 2009         
   Round Twelve         
   Downpatrick   v   St Joseph's   A Sharvin
   Bredagh   v   Cill Breactain   J Mc Mullan
U-14 Football League Section "B2" 2009         
   Round Twelve         
   Liatroim   v   St. John's   P McCartan
   Dromara   v   St. Paul's   M Brady
   Drumaness   v   Teconnaught   L Morgan
Plus 2 Print Downpatrick U- 12 League         
Date Sunday 5th July  Time 12.30pm         
U-12 Football League Section "A" 2009   
   Downpatrick   v   Carryduff   A Shavin
U-12 Football League Section "B" 2009   
   Round Twelve         
   Castlewellan   v   Ardglass   M Brady
   Carryduff   v   Liatroim   F Holland
   Dromara   v   Saul   J Mc Mullan
   Loughinisland   v   Cill Darach   G Burns
U-12 Football League Section "C" 2009   
   Round Twelve          
   St. Paul's   v   Kilclief    E Mulvenna
   Drumaness   v   Bredagh   N Mc Donald
   St. Joseph's   v   Teconnaught   M McAnulty

Quoile Tile & Bathroom Centre         
Date Sunday 5th  July Time 7.00pm         
Reserve Football League         
Section A1            
   Round.Eleven         
   Castlewellan   v   Teconnaught   M Rawlinson
   Bryansford   v   Liatroim   G Corrigan
   Dundrum   v   Kilcoo   G Tumelty
   Drumaness   v   St. John's   P Brannigan
Section A2            
   Round.Eleven         
   Bredagh   v   Ardglass   O Burke
   Bright   v   St. Paul's   M Brady
   Darragh Cross   v   Kilclief   G Brannigan
   Saul   v   Carryduff   P McCartan

Plus 2 Print Downpatrick U- 18 League         
Date  Tuesday  7th  July Time 7.30pm         
U-18 Football League Section "A" 2009         
   Round Twelve          
   Bryansford   v   St. Mary's   P McCartan
   Castlewellan   v   Loughinisland   D Laverty
   Downpatrick   v   Bredagh   E O' Hare
   Carryduff   v   Kilcoo   G Corrigan
U-18 Football League Section "B" 2009         
   Round Twelve         
   St, John's      Drumaness   S McGreevy
   Cill Darrach      Teconnaught   G Tumelty

Don't think some of these minor fixtures for July 7th will be on due to Minor Championship on the same night.

An Cloch Scoilte

Down Fixtures

Tues 30th June (7 30)
ACFL Div 1
Mayobridge v Kilcoo(B Rice)

Wed 1st July (7 30)
ACHL Div 1
Ballygalget v Kilclief(H Torney),
Ballela v Shamrocks(D Magee),
Liatroim v Warrenpoint(N Morgan),
Bredagh v Ballycran(S Mc Greevy)

ACHL Div 2
Ballycran v Castlewellan(L Quinn),
Warrenpoint v Portaferry(B Cousins),
Carryduff v Clonduff(E Mulvenna),
Ballyvarley v Ballygalget(K Mc Guinness)

Fri 3rd July (7 30)
ACFL Div 1
Saval v Castlewellan(A Grant),
Clonduff v Loughinisland(S O Hanlon),
Burren v Liatroim(G Brannigan),
Longstone v Bryansford(D Laverty),
Rostrevor v Warrenpoint(D Brogan)

ACFL Div 2
Darragh Cross v Kilclief(E O Hare),
Atticall v Annaclone(P Brannigan),
Downpatrick v Ballymartin(O Burke),
Ballyholland v An Riocht(N Morgan),
Carryduff v Glasdrumman(E Mc Elroy)

ACFL Div 3
Ardglass v Tullylish(C Reynolds),
Dundrum v Bredagh(P Mc Clorey),
St Pauls v Saul(E Mulvenna),
Aghaderg v Drumaness(D Moore),
St Johns v Teconnaught(C Brannigan),
Glenn v Drumgath(B Andrews)

ACFL Div 4
Bright v Aughlisnafinn(J Mc Mullan),
Mitchels v St Micheals(D Carr)
St John Bosco v Ballykinlar(D Kearns)

Sun 5th July (2 00)
ACPRL Div 1
Castlewellan v Kilcoo,
Liatroim v Burren,
An Riocht v Mayobridge,
Ballymartin v Bryansford,
Clonduff v Rostrevor

ACPRL Div 2
Saval v Longstone,
Annaclone v Ballyholland,
Bredagh v Downpatrick,
Tullylish v Warrenpoint,
Loughinisland v Carryduff

ACFL Div 2 (6 00)
Shamrocks v Clann na Banna(M Devlin)

DownFanatic

Enlighten me to the above 'striking' incident. Im not aware of an incident of this sort which has involved us this year.

Quote from: behind the wire on June 29, 2009, 12:24:55 PM

was at the game. there was a bit of abuse dished out towards mccomiskey from the sidelines alright but as passedit says it seems to come with the territory. his performance left a good bit to be desired which is why i would think he was getting a bit of stick.

were you playing DF?

I was waiting in the wings but the call never came  ;)

stpauls

Quote from: DownFanatic on June 29, 2009, 02:59:32 PM

Enlighten me to the above 'striking' incident. Im not aware of an incident of this sort which has involved us this year.
[/quote}

DF, i think he is refering to the incident in our game this year, where one of your players/supporters (he wasn't togged out so therefore should not have been on the sideline) came on to the pitch and threw a punch at our full back.

WhoAreYaWhoAreYa!

Quote from: BRIDGE LAD on June 28, 2009, 09:14:01 PM
PRFC

Kilcoo      0.07
m'bridge   4.15

Bridge could do no wrong. Everyone played well. Everything just seemed to go for the them. Conleth got 2.6 on his own i think. MoM for sure.

st pauls mcgrath

Down by birth....St.Pauls by the grace of god

general

Reserve Championship

Clonduff III 2.03 Glenn II 4.19