Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

THE DADGA

Quote from: centre 3/4s on April 16, 2009, 08:42:00 PM
Quote from: THE DADGA on April 16, 2009, 04:03:46 PM
is there still no word on the hurling championship draws????

No, I heard that cause every club is that bad at it they decided not to bother this year with it!!     ;D

i would argue with ya....but your not tellin any lies!!!!

The Corporal

I think i should get the goodie bag. Look at my prediction i came closest to the correct scoreline

amallon

Warrenpoint 0-8 Mayobridge 1-14 (SFL)
17/04/2009

Mayobridge started their 2009 league campaign with a visit to Moygannon to face newly promoted Warrenpoint. The home team opened the scoring with a first minute point before John Quinn got the Bridge's first score of the league campaign, Ronan Sexton followed up with a point three minutes later. In the next ten minutes both sides displayed an element of rustiness making a lot of simple mistakes and giving the ball away before Warrenpoint scored to draw level. On twenty minutes Ronan Sexton got his second point and then a Noel Sexton free put the visitor's two points up. Warrenpoint hit back with a point of their own before Shane O'Hare responded with a magnificent point from near the side line. In the dying minutes of the half Mayobridge tagged on three points from Michael Walsh, John Quinn and Ryan Brady to leave the half time score Warrenpoint 0-4 Mayobridge 0-8.

Mayobridge started the second half in a lively fashion with a Noel Sexton point in the first minute and then a fabulous Ryan Brady goal hardly a minute later. To Warrenpoint's credit they didn't give up the fight and responded with a point almost immediately. Shane O'Hare kicked another excellent long range effort before Cathal Magee got his first point of the evening. Eight minutes into the second half and with Cathal Magee now on the scoresheet all six of Mayobridge's forwards had now scored. Noel Sexton then scored his third point of the game, which the Point cancelled out a couple of minutes later, Benny Coulter operating from mid field got his first point on seventeen minutes. Warrenpoint scored a fine 50 on twenty minutes before John Quinn finished the sky blues scoring in the 24th minute with a nice point. Warrenpoint managed another point near the end of the game to leave the final score Warrenpoint 0-8 Mayobridge 1-14.

Throughout the game the Mayobridge defence was fairly solid and never gave Warrenpoint much in the way of goal opportunities, Brendan Grant had a commanding game on the edge of the square and allowed goal keeper Liam Coulter a fairly quiet night. Eoghan Woods caught some excellent ball at mid field and covered a lot of ground putting in the hard hits and disrupting anything the Point tried to build through the middle. Michael Walsh put in an excellent performance and linked well with Benny Coulter coming from mid field and apart from missing some fairly decent goal chances the rest of our forwards took a high percentage of the scoring opportunities which came their way. All in all it was a solid performance from Mayobridge under new manager Paul Carroll, but the 'Bridge will need to find couple of extra gears for the challenge of Kilcoo on Monday night. Best wishes to Paul Carroll, his selectors Robbie Coulter, Kevin Coulter, Sean Rooney and statician Pat Joe Magee for the season ahead.

Mayobridge Team & Scorers
Laim Coulter
Gavin Barry
Brendan Grant
Seamus Grant
Shane O'Hare (0-2)
Conor Garvey
Micheal Lively
Benny Coulter (0-1)
Eoghan Woods
Noel Sexton (0-3)
Michael Walsh (0-1)
Ryan Brady (1-1)
Ronan Sexton (0-2)
Cathal Magee (0-1)
John Quinn (0-3)

Subs Used
John Caldwell for John Quinn
Caolan Lynchaoun for Seamus Grant

Video Highlightshttp://www.mayobridge.down.gaa.ie/2009footballhighlights.html
Disclaimer: I am responsible for MY comments only.  I don't own this site.

DownFanatic

Quote from: bridgegael on April 16, 2009, 10:08:27 PM
'point   0.08
'bridge  1.14

Where did big Shea Curran lineout for the Point?

P.S From downgaa.net

'  Date : 16/04/2009 22:41 
As agreed at County Board on 7/4/09 ACFL Series 1 is now a STARRED game for the Under 21 panalists.'

amallon

Shea lined out at md field for the point and had a right game.  He scored a point maybe two but had a couple of bad wides.
Disclaimer: I am responsible for MY comments only.  I don't own this site.

T O Hare

Quote from: amallon on April 17, 2009, 11:39:05 AM
Warrenpoint 0-8 Mayobridge 1-14 (SFL)
17/04/2009

Mayobridge started their 2009 league campaign with a visit to Moygannon to face newly promoted Warrenpoint. The home team opened the scoring with a first minute point before John Quinn got the Bridge's first score of the league campaign, Ronan Sexton followed up with a point three minutes later. In the next ten minutes both sides displayed an element of rustiness making a lot of simple mistakes and giving the ball away before Warrenpoint scored to draw level. On twenty minutes Ronan Sexton got his second point and then a Noel Sexton free put the visitor's two points up. Warrenpoint hit back with a point of their own before Shane O'Hare responded with a magnificent point from near the side line. In the dying minutes of the half Mayobridge tagged on three points from Michael Walsh, John Quinn and Ryan Brady to leave the half time score Warrenpoint 0-4 Mayobridge 0-8.

Mayobridge started the second half in a lively fashion with a Noel Sexton point in the first minute and then a fabulous Ryan Brady goal hardly a minute later. To Warrenpoint's credit they didn't give up the fight and responded with a point almost immediately. Shane O'Hare kicked another excellent long range effort before Cathal Magee got his first point of the evening. Eight minutes into the second half and with Cathal Magee now on the scoresheet all six of Mayobridge's forwards had now scored. Noel Sexton then scored his third point of the game, which the Point cancelled out a couple of minutes later, Benny Coulter operating from mid field got his first point on seventeen minutes. Warrenpoint scored a fine 50 on twenty minutes before John Quinn finished the sky blues scoring in the 24th minute with a nice point. Warrenpoint managed another point near the end of the game to leave the final score Warrenpoint 0-8 Mayobridge 1-14.

Throughout the game the Mayobridge defence was fairly solid and never gave Warrenpoint much in the way of goal opportunities, Brendan Grant had a commanding game on the edge of the square and allowed goal keeper Liam Coulter a fairly quiet night. Eoghan Woods caught some excellent ball at mid field and covered a lot of ground putting in the hard hits and disrupting anything the Point tried to build through the middle. Michael Walsh put in an excellent performance and linked well with Benny Coulter coming from mid field and apart from missing some fairly decent goal chances the rest of our forwards took a high percentage of the scoring opportunities which came their way. All in all it was a solid performance from Mayobridge under new manager Paul Carroll, but the 'Bridge will need to find couple of extra gears for the challenge of Kilcoo on Monday night. Best wishes to Paul Carroll, his selectors Robbie Coulter, Kevin Coulter, Sean Rooney and statician Pat Joe Magee for the season ahead.

Mayobridge Team & Scorers
Laim Coulter
Gavin Barry
Brendan Grant
Seamus Grant
Shane O'Hare (0-2)
Conor Garvey
Micheal Lively
Benny Coulter (0-1)
Eoghan Woods
Noel Sexton (0-3)
Michael Walsh (0-1)
Ryan Brady (1-1)
Ronan Sexton (0-2)
Cathal Magee (0-1)
John Quinn (0-3)

Subs Used
John Caldwell for John Quinn
Caolan Lynchaoun for Seamus Grant

Video Highlightshttp://www.mayobridge.down.gaa.ie/2009footballhighlights.html

sorry corporal-its only for the Correct score ;D ;D

Great report Mallon, Grant was very assured at full-back, i cant remember Liam Coulter making a save!!!!! Walsh is continuing to impress this year, he scored six or seven points against Kileavy at the weekend and put in a great hours work last night... our shooting needs to improve though, we could have scored a few more goals!!!!
"2008 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

behind the wire

good man amallon, another great report and highlights. if only ever club was as well organised on the PR front.
He who laughs last thinks the slowest

WhoAreYaWhoAreYa!

I said months ago, I was confident of the U21s retaining their title. I was shot down right away. Im glad that im right occasionally, despite what the wife says! I beleive a few appologies could be in order! :P Most notably from T O'Hare, who said he didnt rate Conor Maginn?!?! :L This board is always good for a laugh!

Bitta-Banter

Darragh Cross 0-7 Clann na Banna 0-7

stpauls

St. Paul's 1-12  Aghaderg 0-10

good to get the season off to a winning start, and a clean sheet to boot!!

I also heard Bredagh were beaten by 2 points in Ardglass.

Square Ball

Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

DownFanatic

Division 3

Dundrum 0-09  Tullylish 0-11

Glenn 1-12  Teconnaught 0-06

St Johns v Drumgath wasnt played.

Mid Down Gael

Saval beat loughinisland by 4

Rostrevor 1-14 Kilcoo 0-12

Kingdom beat Carryduff by 2

Our Nail Loney