Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

D4S

Quote from: WhoAreYaWhoAreYa! on March 30, 2009, 11:18:51 PM
Quote from: wobbller on March 29, 2009, 10:19:43 PM
Quote from: Dubh driocht on March 29, 2009, 09:48:00 PM
Thought Glasdsrumman did Down proud in Celebrity Banisteoir.The players,officials and supporters were great.Could have done with more of the game but best of luck to the lads in Limerick this weekend.
Is there no Glasdrumman men on the Minors?

is the corner forward not on the minors? harrison?

He was last year. Over age this year!
The secret of success in life is for a man to be ready for his opportunity when it comes.

DownFanatic

Just want to say a big well done to St Pauls, who on Sunday fielded 2 teams in the East Down U-12 Leagues. As far as im aware their A team also defeated Kilcoo in Kilcoo which is no mean feat.

To field two teams shows the progress that is being made in North Down regarding the promotion of GAA. Newtownards, Bangor and Holywood are by no means a hotbed of GAA activity and I think that what St Pauls have achieved in fielding two under-12 teams should be applauded.

Well done!

stpauls

Quote from: DownFanatic on March 31, 2009, 10:08:46 PM
Just want to say a big well done to St Pauls, who on Sunday fielded 2 teams in the East Down U-12 Leagues. As far as im aware their A team also defeated Kilcoo in Kilcoo which is no mean feat.

To field two teams shows the progress that is being made in North Down regarding the promotion of GAA. Newtownards, Bangor and Holywood are by no means a hotbed of GAA activity and I think that what St Pauls have achieved in fielding two under-12 teams should be applauded.

Well done!

thanks very much DF, I can't claim to have had a hand in the progress of our under age teams, but it is all down to the hard work of a few men within the club, who over the last number of years have dedicated their time on a Sunday morning in getting the kids developed into the players that they are today.

Our A team defeated Kilcoo by 2 points in Kilcoo, and our B team only lost by 2 points to St. Joseph's (an amalgamation of yourselves and Ballykinler) at home.

Trevor Hill

Down manager Ross Carr faces an anxious wait to discover if defender Kevin McKernan's season is over.

The centre back damaged shoulder ligaments in last Saturday night's facile NFL victory over Offaly in Newry, but it's feared that the injury could be even more serious, and further tests will be carried out to determine the extent of the injury.

Carr's assistant DJ Kane said the management are resigned to being without McKernan for the rest of the league campaign.

"He was all strapped up after the game and he went to the Abbey," he said.

"The shoulder came out, but it appears it went back in too. So it is really ligament damage we're looking at.

"It is hard to put a date on it exactly so early but we are looking at anything from three to six months."

Mid Down Gael

Any one know starting team for under 21 simi final against Tyrone tonight?

amallon

Is it a 7:30 or 8 bells throw in tonight?
Disclaimer: I am responsible for MY comments only.  I don't own this site.

Trevor Hill

T O Hare

Quote from: Trevor Hill on April 01, 2009, 12:27:11 AM
Down manager Ross Carr faces an anxious wait to discover if defender Kevin McKernan's season is over.

The centre back damaged shoulder ligaments in last Saturday night's facile NFL victory over Offaly in Newry, but it's feared that the injury could be even more serious, and further tests will be carried out to determine the extent of the injury.

Carr's assistant DJ Kane said the management are resigned to being without McKernan for the rest of the league campaign.

"He was all strapped up after the game and he went to the Abbey," he said.

"The shoulder came out, but it appears it went back in too. So it is really ligament damage we're looking at.

"It is hard to put a date on it exactly so early but we are looking at anything from three to six months."

why would he go to the Abbey???
"2008 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

Downgael2008

;D yes was thinking that myself !!

anyone think we ll win 2night??

Mc kernan would be a blow i feel for our seniors

corn02

Fixtures for this weekend gents?

stpauls

Quote from: corn02 on April 01, 2009, 04:14:08 PM

don't think there are any corn, bar Reserve games. leagues don't start until 17th April.

corn02

Quote from: stpauls on April 01, 2009, 04:24:31 PM
Quote from: corn02 on April 01, 2009, 04:14:08 PM

don't think there are any corn, bar Reserve games. leagues don't start until 17th April.

Cheers St Pauls. I thoguht they were commencing this week.

DaUmpire

Down 2-14 Tyrone 1-14

Down will face Armagh in the final of the Cadbury's Ulster Under-21 Football Championship on 15 April after semi-final wins on Wednesday.

Goals from Paul McComiskey and Michael Magee helped Down to a 2-14 to 1-14 win over Tyrone at Pairc Esler in Newry.

Tyrone were leading by 1-13 to 1-9 with eight minutes to go when Magee's goal turned the tide.

Armagh reached the Casement Park decider by beating Donegal 1-10 to 0-6 in the other semi-final.

spiritof91and94

Great game and Down need to kick on with the outstanding attacking players on show last night (again).
Thought McComiskey, Maginn and Devlin were immense. Referee didnt help this trio much though it has to be said.

Leo

This is a good U21 team.
Decisive (and measured) sideline management could be an example to others.
Fierce tame altogether