Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Square Ball

any scores from last nights u20 games?
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

gorm agus bui

Town beat Kilcoo handy enough. Shocking bad losers!! Sta Mary's bt L'island

lfdown2

thats a brave shock the town beating kilcoo i would have thought!

Square Ball

wonder where that leaves the top two for the A semis on Sunday?

gorm agus bui

Quote from: Square Ball on January 09, 2009, 01:49:40 PM
wonder where that leaves the top two for the A semis on Sunday?
in total confusiion as there was three way tie in Town's group

lfdown2

3 way tie,

liatroim
kilcoo
town  ???

Square Ball

Quote from: lfdown2 on January 09, 2009, 02:58:25 PM
3 way tie,

liatroim
kilcoo
town  ???

Well Its Bredagh v Loughinisland in the B, leaving Bryansford to play third in the other B semi I think.

Mid Down Gael

Quote from: gorm agus bui on January 09, 2009, 01:38:42 PM

Kilcoo took their beating well. they just had a terible defensive performance on the night and conceeded 4 slack goals. at least all their players where legal.

Square Ball

Quote from: Mid Down Gael on January 10, 2009, 12:32:47 PM

Kilcoo took their beating well. they just had a terible defensive performance on the night and conceeded 4 slack goals. at least all their players where legal.

Its def not like Kilcoo to conceed 4 goals in one game. whats the craic with the legal remark MDG?

Mid Down Gael

Quote from: Square Ball on January 10, 2009, 12:41:21 PM
Quote from: Mid Down Gael on January 10, 2009, 12:32:47 PM

Its def not like Kilcoo to conceed 4 goals in one game. whats the craic with the legal remark MDG?

Castlewellan played an under 16 player which is illegal. Other clubs asked for permission to use under 16s of 2008 and where refused by East Down Board.

Uladh

technically u20 is not a recognised "grade" and stopping a lad of any age wouldn't stand up.

u16, u18, u21, senior.

Mid Down Gael

Quote from: Uladh on January 10, 2009, 12:56:49 PM

technically u20 is not a recognised "grade" and stopping a lad of any age wouldn't stand up.

u16, u18, u21, senior.

Well East Down clubs where told under no circumstance would under 16s of 2008 be eligible. after all your not allowed to play two grades above your age group. for example an under 14 cant play minors. look at the case with the 14 year old Ballinderry player not being allowed to play in ulster minor championship. Rules are rules.Castlewellan like breaking them.

Uladh

i know what the rule is. i'm saying that technically it doesn't apply because u20 is not a recognised grade in the GAA

Mourne Rover

The RTE Radio 1 programme  Drivetime Sport with Des Cahill last night had a panel to predict the winners of the main soccer, rugby and GAA trophies for 2009. When it came to the Sam Maguire, one of the pundits, the RTE presenter Con Murphy, said he was going for a 66/1 outsider. Jimmy Magee said it must be the Isle of Man, but Con insisted he was making a serious prediction.

To stunned silence from his colleagues, he named Down as his tip for this year's title. He pointed out that they had beaten Tyrone last summer, although he admitted that the wheels came off against Wexford, but he believed he could see them coming through as dark horses.

Do southern pundits know anything about the GAA ? We will have to start hoping that Con does.

Square Ball

I agree with MDG, the clubs were told that u16s cant play, minors and eligible u20s only. I know that other clubs would have liked to have played a few of their talented u16s but abided by the rules.

Uladh, i take it that if a club took a case against the u16 it wouldnt stand up due to that technicality?