cheers tom for putting up the team

Open yer eyes Man

Jerry Quinn - is it any wonder more bridge men aren't on it.   ;D

wobbller

Jerry Quinn may have wrote the article but I'm sure he didn't pick it

Open yer eyes Man

Quote from: wobbller on December 02, 2008, 02:44:07 PM

Read the paper and you'll see that he did.

Maiden1

Quote from: imagine on December 02, 2008, 12:35:07 PM
Quote from: passedit on December 02, 2008, 10:47:11 AM
Quote from: DownFanatic on December 01, 2008, 01:47:59 PM
The ambiguity I was referring to on the language of the report centres around the starred system and the introduction of a PRFL team.
Firstly, the report doesn't explicitly state that the starred system will affect all Divisions. Depending on your interpretation, I took it that the starred system would only affect Divisions 3 and 4.
Secondly, if the proposals come to fruition this will be the lineup of  the Divisions:

1 - Mayobridge, Kilcoo, Rostrevor, Castlwellan, Burren, Clonduff, Loughinisland, Longstone, Saval and Liatroim
2 - An Riocht, Ballyholland, Bryansford, Annaclone, Warrenpoint, Banbridge, Shamrocks, Ballymartin, Darragh Cross, Atticall
3 - Tullylish, Downpatrick, Kilclief, Dundrum, Glasdrumman, Ardglass, Bredagh, Carryduff, Drumgath, Drumaness, Saul, St Pauls
4 - Glenn, Teconnaught, Bosco, St Michaels, Mitchels, St Johns, Aghaderg, Dromara, Bright, Ballykinlar, Aughlisnafin, Mayobridge II's

Now, what happens if Mayobridge II's win Division 4. We know they cannot be promoted so does this mean that only one other team from Div 4 will get promoted or will two teams go up?

Makes a fair bit of sense that, even Mayobridge 2nds might even work as the first team squad would be in action elsewhere (making it in essence a 2nd/3rd team).

My only proviso, if they want to bring it in in 2009, would be that the 'promoted' sides from this year should get a shot at a one off playoff with the bottom two in the revised leagues (could be done a couple of weeks before the start of the regular season). Sorta like

Saval v Bryansford
Liatroim v Warrenpoint
Darragh v Carryduff
Attical v Glasdrumman
Saul v Dromara
St Pauls v Aghaderg
This motion is to be put to the Convention and if passed will be in operation for 2010 based on performance etc, in '09.

Any proposal passed has to be for 2010 not 2009 so that all teams know where they stand at the start of the season. e.g.  1 up and 3 down or 1 up 2 down for 2 years to make division 1 10 teams.  You can't get promoted/relegated and then the county board change the rules after the season has ended.
There are no proofs, only opinions.

T O Hare

I am not getting a dig at Jerry. i just dont think it should be left to one man...
"2008 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

amallon

A little bit of Mayobridge history!  We can laugh at it now but I didn't know whether to laugh or cry at the end of the 2003 county final.  This is the grants punters club docket for the bet which was placed the day before the final.

Disclaimer: I am responsible for MY comments only.  I don't own this site.

Superstar

Quote from: T O Hare on December 02, 2008, 04:35:44 PM
I am not getting a dig at Jerry. i just dont think it should be left to one man...

Think that was the point of it Tom, one mans view, 2moro one from Donegal will have hsis championship pick, dont think theirs any awards to be handed out, its just his view on the championship.
If it wasnt for this auld knee injury...........

thegael

The Gael's Advice Clinic is not closed .

Thank you all for your private messages urging me to keep giving my opinions and advice - there is no need to be afraid the gael is here to stay.It is just so busy with a big case on at the moment but just be patient , i will return with my wit and wisdom very soon.

THE GAEL TAKES NO PRISONERS!

Downgael2008

his view on championship? conor garvey is not a good choice at midfield. What about that murphy lad from ballyholland. Also is it for all championships or just senior?

DaddyLongLegs

To be fair to jerry I dont think he is saying these are best players in Down in each of the respective positions - he has looked at the contributions made by particular players in the winning senior, intermediate & junior championships and threw in a few others along the way. Nothing too serious  - remember theres not much to fill the GAA back pages at this time of year so anything goes!

wobbller

Quote from: Open yer eyes Man on December 02, 2008, 02:50:17 PM
Quote from: wobbller on December 02, 2008, 02:44:07 PM

Read the paper and you'll see that he did.
I have now read the paper and indeed Jerry did pick the team.Apologies

Dulaney

Ouch Amallon that had to hurt, u's boys musta put the jinks on the bridge that year. Surely tho u have had plenty of opportunities to win ur money back slowly over these past five years...Mayobridge must be undefeated in up to 25/30 games in the Down c/ship at this stage!!! how many boys paid into that fruitless wee venture back in 2003 if u don't mind me asking??

corn02

Quote from: T O Hare on December 02, 2008, 04:35:44 PM

Unfortuante reacton from Mayobridge to the 5FM story. I thought it was an over reatcion personally.