Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DaddyLongLegs

Does the GAA players grant scheme apply to players in the six counties (& in London)? If so, surely the UK exchequer should be contributing a little instead of leaving it all for Martin Cullen (Irish Sports Minister) to deal with.

Does anyone know what the situation is? Who pays for what?

T O Hare

Any predictions for tonight lads????
"2008 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

its me again

i think Kilcoo by a couple in a tight game think the bridges run has to stop sometimes

think the magpies will be more hungery for it

any word on x factor from last nite?

Whacker

Hear Clonduff won it!

Killeavy Second

amallon

Kilcoo 3.13 Bridge 1.7

The scoreline says it all.  The Bridge lost Brendan Grant to a straight red after 15 mins and were in trouble from there on.  Kilcoo were far hungrier and played the better football.  The Bridge were very off colour, and some of the passing was terrible and not what you expect from the Bridge.  This game came about 2 months too late for us and a long season thankfully comes to an end.  Our boys won't loose much sleep over this one but it should help to focus minds for next season.  How ironic that the Bridge were the first team to break the 40 point mark in Down Div1 and with a scoring difference that must have reached +150 that we didn't end up winning the league.

Kilcoo reasserted their position as contenders and with them Burren and the Stone coming strong next season should be interesting. 

Disclaimer: I am responsible for MY comments only.  I don't own this site.

corn02

DownFanatic

Point won 1-12 to 1-09. Thats them up. Id expect Bryansford to beat Banbridge tomorrow and join the Point in Division 1 next year.

Open yer eyes Man

Any word on the Bryansford v Banbridge game today?

DownFanatic

Bryansford 1-11  Clann na Banna 0-04. Bryansford go up along with Warrenpoint. Next week's game between the two will decide who gets the title.

Open yer eyes Man

Bryansford have been much too strong for all teams this year apart from a little blip late in the league.

I heard this was due to Eamon Burns leaving Bryansford after some kind of blow out.  Is he still there or is he gone?

DownFanatic

Burns is still there as far as I know.

Open yer eyes Man

Did you hear anything about a row a few weeks back?

Bitta-Banter

Heard there was a biita of a row,one of the Brannigans is meant to have left.Any word on the managerial merry go-round?

Open yer eyes Man

Ballyholland man went a while back.

Can't see Mc Grath staying.

Liatroim looking.

Bottom three - what else do you expect?

thegael

Regards the managerial merry go round was just wondering who are the top paying clubs in down for a manager to go to?  what are the current rates?which clubs are looking?