Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Clown

i thought the IFC final was a very entertaining game, a good start for Annaclone with the early goal but Darragh fought back well and if they had taken their chances would have won.
Most of the second half was played in the Annaclone half but Darragh coudnt get the breakthrough goal, Annaclone will do well in the Ulster championship they hav some very good young players.
Darragh will be back next year having learnt from the experience

umpire

Score from Burren v Ballyholland's game last night?

T Fearon

And how did my nephew perform for Annaclone?

goldenyears

burren won 1-15 to 1-12 umpire.

decent game, some decent football and harps went close again without ever really looking like winning it. downfall for ballyholland all year has been a lack of scoring forwards.

in div2 you get away with it, but in div1 you need 3 or 4 chipping in.

credit again to joe murphy who was outstanding at centre half back; possibly one for the v near future!

amallon

Joe has a bit of filling out to do but if he can't fill out anything like his Paul he won't be far away. 
Disclaimer: I am responsible for MY comments only.  I don't own this site.

An Cloch Scoilte

Is it possible the relegation issue can be almost cleared up this weekend IF Liatroim beat the 'Island, and Castlewellan beat An Ríocht??

By my reckoning, Liatroim will have reached the 12 pts required with 4 games left and An Ríocht will have only 11pts with all their games played.

This is all of course providing the bridge reach the 40pts mark with their 3 games left against Liatroim Saval, and Louginisland!

passedit

In div 3, according to most posters here, the bar is already set at 12 points i.e 38 x 30% =11.4 rounded up to 12, therefore Mitchells are already gone. Is this right? Just trying to guage the chances of them showing up in holywood this sat
Don't Panic

umpire

Thanks Goldenyears.

That Burren finished this year,
Burren should be the team to make life difficult for Bridge next year!!

umpire

I was to quick to say that Buren is finished for the season, they still can claim a place in play off.
Burren has 25 pts, other teams need to win all games to bypass Burren

Maiden1

Quote from: passedit on October 14, 2008, 01:59:07 PM
In div 3, according to most posters here, the bar is already set at 12 points i.e 38 x 30% =11.4 rounded up to 12, therefore Mitchells are already gone. Is this right? Just trying to guage the chances of them showing up in holywood this sat

Last years league table

ACFL Division 3 Table

Played     Points
Tullylish           22            34             Playoffs
Saul                22            31             Playoffs
Dundrum         22            31             Playoffs
Bredagh          22            29             Playoffs
--------------------------------------------
Bosco              22            26
Ardglass           22            23
Teconnaught    22            22
Glenn              22            20
------------------------------------------
Drumgath         22           19         Playoffs
Mitchels           22            11         Playoffs
St Pauls           22            10         Playoffs
-------------------------------------------         
Bright              22             8          Relegated

Tullylish had 34 points.  34*.3 = 10.2.  Rounded down to 10.  We should assume the same for this year.  i.e.  38*.3 = 11. 4 rounded down to 11.
There are no proofs, only opinions.

Maiden1

I think below is a bit ambiguous

(e) Any team in Divisions 1, 2 or 3 which fails to achieve 30% (rounded up to the nearest point) of the points of the top team in that Division following the conclusion of ordinary round league games will be relegated automatically.  If more than two teams fail to achieve 30% (rounded up to the nearest point) of the points of the top team in that Division, the lowest finishing two teams will be relegated. 

Could mean rounded upwards i.e. 11.4 becomes 12 or rounded to the nearest whole number in which cases 11.4 becomes 11.

Based on past precedence I think we should assume the later.

What if the top team had 35 points.  35*.3 = 10.5 should it be rounded up or down in this case?
There are no proofs, only opinions.

charlie stubbs

Quote from: umpire on October 14, 2008, 03:18:13 PM
Thanks Goldenyears.

was this not meant to be the case this year?with eoin mccarten back from injury and james mcgovern back from the states...

Bitta-Banter

Intermediate final was good game.Not much separated the sides.The goal gave Annaclone big lift,and was a killer for Darragh.Some very good scores throughout.Referee bottle it big time when he awarded Darragh a 14 yard free instead of a penalty,the fella was a mile inside the 14,and the ref said it was for the first foul,which is balls.He also dissallowed a goal for Darragh which was dubious enough.Hopefully Annaclone go well in their ulster campaign.

supersub

Quote from: charlie stubbs on October 14, 2008, 04:49:57 PM
Quote from: umpire on October 14, 2008, 03:18:13 PM
Thanks Goldenyears.

was this not meant to be the case this year?with eoin mccarten back from injury and james mcgovern back from the states...

yeh was thinking that myself, why not this year? whats goin to change next year?

charlie stubbs

Quote from: Bitta-Banter on October 14, 2008, 06:25:45 PM
Intermediate final was good game.Not much separated the sides.The goal gave Annaclone big lift,and was a killer for Darragh.Some very good scores throughout.Referee bottle it big time when he awarded Darragh a 14 yard free instead of a penalty,the fella was a mile inside the 14,and the ref said it was for the first foul,which is balls.He also dissallowed a goal for Darragh which was dubious enough.Hopefully Annaclone go well in their ulster campaign.

i would say cullyhanna will be very hard to stop fully expect them to take care of cullavile this weekend(doubt they should have been in intermediate to begin with}.  having benny mcardle back from the states will help their chances but nop farrell brothers be a big hinderance