Ballyholland v Longstone
Series 22
Clonduff v Kilcoo
Mayobridge v Saval
Liatroim v Loughinisland
Castlewellan v An Riocht
Burren v Ballyholland
Longstone v Rostrevor

Looks like six weeks minimum before play offs in div one - If Mayobridge get a run in Ulster at all it will be even more - surely this is unacceptable, the league will run to Christmas. This will probably put an end to any Under 20 Football?

bredaghgael86

Actually very surprised the galgets beat the ports yday. was it because they were simply better, or did the ports underestimate them without magic there? congradulations to them, hopefully give ulster a rattle too.  also well done to ballela, great result at the weekend. hopefully youse beat setanta next week, go one better thn we did last year.

5 Sams

Wednesday 8th Oct 8 00
ACFL Div 1
Burren v Castlewellan
Saturday 11th Oct 1 00
ACFL Div 1
Mayobridge v Clonduff
Longstone v An Riocht
Saval v Loughinisland
Liatroim v Kilcoo
ACFL Div 2
Downpatrick v Bryansford
Clann na Banna v Shamrocks
Ballymartin v Warrenpoint
ACFL Div 3
St John Bosco v Saul
Carryduff v Teconnaught
Glasdrumman v St Pauls
Glenn v Drumgath
Bredagh v Mitchels
ACFL Div 4
Aughlisnafinn v St Johns
Aghaderg v Ballykinlar
Sunday 12th Oct 1 00
ACHL Div 1
Portaferry v Shamrocks
Kilclief v Liatriom
ACHL Div 2
Ballycran v Clonduff
ACPRL Div 2
Longstone v Bredagh
Warrenpoint v Saval
Loughinisland v Tullylish
Powerade Minor Football Championship Final
Pairc Esler 2 15
Ath Bhriain v Droichead Mhaigh Eo(N Cousins)
Around A Pound Intremediate Championship Final
Pairc Esler 4 00
Eanach Cluana v Crois Darach(D Laverty)
The Aristocrat Years

centre 3/4s

Now that the county board have invested heavily in floodlighting for both Newcastle and Newry would it not be the sensible thing to play the play offs over 1 week

Ballybredagh

Quote from: Whitehair on October 05, 2008, 08:01:14 PM
Ulster Junior Hurling Club Championship @ Davitt Pk

Ballela 1.19 St. Malachys Portadown 2.8

Great result for Ballela.  Who's next? Setanta are the team to beat; really surprised me how good some of their players were in last year's Ulster JHC. Cullen/Campbell would make most senior club sides in Ulster, but I'm sure you've done your homework on them, if they are next up.

Good luck in any case; it would be a great lift for Down hurling if Ballela, Laotroim and Bellygalget could win their respective titles.

Maiden1

Quote from: spiritof91and94 on October 06, 2008, 08:21:01 AM
Quote from: umpire on October 05, 2008, 09:39:49 PM
Remaining Div one fixtures
Series 17
Liatroim v Castlewellan
Series 18
Loughinisland v Mayobridge
Clonduff v Liatroim
Kilcoo v Saval
Series 19
Mayobridge v Clonduff
Longstone v An Riocht
Burren v Castlewellan
Saval v Loughinisland
Liatroim v Kilcoo
Series 20
Liatroim v Mayobridge
Kilcoo v Loughinisland
Series 21
Loughinisland v Clonduff
Ballyholland v Longstone
Series 22
Clonduff v Kilcoo
Mayobridge v Saval
Liatroim v Loughinisland
Castlewellan v An Riocht
Burren v Ballyholland
Longstone v Rostrevor

Looks like six weeks minimum before play offs in div one - If Mayobridge get a run in Ulster at all it will be even more - surely this is unacceptable, the league will run to Christmas. This will probably put an end to any Under 20 Football?

It's a long season all right.  If you are in any of the playoff's you could be playing football in december then starting back pre-season in January.  You can get a bit sick looking at a football by the end of it.
There are no proofs, only opinions.

Blue Island

[/quote]

It's a long season all right.  If you are in any of the playoff's you could be playing football in december then starting back pre-season in January.  You can get a bit sick looking at a football by the end of it.
[/quote]

This has to stop. It's bad enough for boys who only play club football, but what about those that play for the county or a university team, or all three. Only the fanatical would not be sick at the sight of a football come November.

It's time to reduce divisions 1,2 & 3 to ten teams. I am aware that would put teams into division 4 that would be way too strong but we can work on that. That's the way it used to be and the way it should be. I am aware this has been discussed before and teams have vetoed the proposals, usually out of self interest, in an effort to stay up. Nonetheless for the good of Down football and the players sanity it time for a ten team division. Top and bottom three instead of four in a ten team league also means less playoff games. Might mean Turkeys voting for Christmas in some cases (and I don't exclude my own club from that statement) but rather that, than the present debacle.

passedit

Quote from: In the Onion Bag on October 05, 2008, 12:14:49 AM
Div 3.
So, despite 3 of the top 4 losing today the four playoff contenders have now decided.  Glasdrumman, Ardglass, Bredagh and Carryduff. 

Question for the Drumgath posters, do you think Mickey Linden will be there next year? I'd have put ye down as near certainties to at least reach the playoffs this year. I know you're at an immediate disadvantage in division three because of county commitments but would still have expected better. Not winding here, genuinely wondering, is it you, is it him or do you feel you're headed in the right direction?

Don't Panic

centre 3/4s

Quote from: passedit on October 06, 2008, 06:16:44 PM
Quote from: In the Onion Bag on October 05, 2008, 12:14:49 AM
Div 3.
So, despite 3 of the top 4 losing today the four playoff contenders have now decided.  Glasdrumman, Ardglass, Bredagh and Carryduff. 

Question for the Drumgath posters, do you think Mickey Linden will be there next year? I'd have put ye down as near certainties to at least reach the playoffs this year. I know you're at an immediate disadvantage in division three because of county commitments but would still have expected better. Not winding here, genuinely wondering, is it you, is it him or do you feel you're headed in the right direction?

I would much rather hear Mickeys take on the whole div.3 thing surely they could not point the finger at him in any case im sure he is watching games in that division thinking he could run rings around all the defences in it. Personaly I would say that the premier reserve league offers better quality football than div.3

corn02

THEIR two teams may have been engaged in one of the best rivalries of recent times, but Tyrone manager Mickey Harte and current Ulster manager Joe Kernan will team up to manage an Allstar team that will face Armagh in a charity match.

Joe may have gotten one over Mickey in 02 while the Red Hand boss gained revenge in 03 and 05, but the duo will be plotting the downfall of Peter McDonnell and the current Ulster champions.
The event is being held in Dromintee on Saturday, October 18 and a host of big names will be lining out for the Allstar side including Justin McMahon, Brian Dooher, Graham Geraghty, Kieran McGeeney, Eamon O'Hara, Marty McGrath, Oisin McConville, Darren Clarke and Kevin McGourty.
A number of past greats, including Joe Brolly, Benny Tierney, Colm O'Rourke and Jimmy Smith, will also be there to take part or to offer their expertise through the microphone.

A number of other personalities, including Irish rugby international Rob Kearney, will also be present on the day and a 'nite-of-the-races' and charity auction, which will auction off a number of signed jerseys amongst other items, will follow the game.

Justin McMahon is a busy man at present after his impressive display in the All-Ireland final, but he is more than happy to help out on the day. Speaking from the launch in Belfast, the Omagh St Enda's man stressed the importance of the cause.

"It is great to see GAA players involved in such events," he said. "When you come to these things you realise how important these things are when tragedies like this affect GAA clubs. There has been a lot of great organisation involved.

McMahon is still on a high after their final triumph over Kerry but is glad to getting straight back into the action as his side face up to Dromore in the WJ Dolan SFC this Sunday.

"I was back up in Belfast this week so things calmed down a wee bit. We will have to keep our feet on the ground because Dromore will prove tough opposition. We just have to give the club championship a rattle and see how things go."

Armagh's Gareth O'Neill is delighted to see such a high calibre of players lining out in his home club.

"It is a great cause and hopefully the crowds will respond to it because there are some superb footballers travelling from all over the country."

It will only be the second time Armagh have lined out in Dromintee and they will provide fitting opposition to the Allstar team as the south Armagh club have five members on the county panel – O'Neill, Aidan O'Rourke, Martin O'Rourke, Micheal O'Rourke and Barry Shannon – the largest representation in the club's history.

"It will be a great day for the club," said O'Neill. "But it is more about raising the funds for such a good cause and it will be a great day's craic all round. I am expecting a big crowd and hopefully the day gets the support it deserves."

The match has been organised in memory of Gerald Fearon who was killed in a car crash two years ago. Admission is by voluntary donation and all proceeds will go to the Irish Air Ambulance service. Throw in is at 6.30pm.

Lads nice touch. The brother of the other person killed in the crash has donated too excellent items for the auction:

1 -  a signed Pele shirt , framed and all. Limited addition, think he only signed 50 and

2 - signed Maradonna shirt - same goes re: frame, limited addition.

Anyone likely to head?

maldini

Any betting odds for Sundays IFC Final??

SQUAREBALL

[/quote]

Drumgath have contributed to their own downfall. It cant be blamed on the management. At the start of the year we lost 3 players to the county, and in June another 3 went to the states for the summer. I know every club is similar when it comes to injuries and that cant be used as an excuse. We also had a few stupid sendings off throught the year, particularly in the first championship game which hit us in the game against annaclone. The players have been turning out in numbers to training all year and this is down to the fact that mickey is the manager.

Your also right about the standard of football in division three, Some of our own reserve games have been better to watch. Mickey also takes part in training regularly so he would probably love the chance to play a few games  ;D we could do with him!

Hopefully he stays on for another year, as we do have 5/6 young players coming through as our U-16 teams have won the Down B championship thats last 2 years running.

Unlike previous years, no one has a bad word to say about the manager, so homefully come Feb in castlewellen park he will still be pushing us around that lake! ;)