Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

No1

Any word on Magic?  Big blow for the Galgets if he isn't 100%. 

I fancy the Ports by a couple of points, I'd say it will be a tight enough game though and hopefully a decent one.

SQUAREBALL

Predictions for IFC and MFC

Mayobridge v Bryansford - Mayobridge by 4. Brady was one of only a few good performances in the senior final and looks unstoppable.

Annaclone v Darragh Cross - Annaclone by a point or 2. should be a good game, but annoclones experience of division 1 football over the last few years will be the difference.

The GAA

Where's yer man that usually boots the bridge around this time of year for not preparing properly for the ulster club? bee in his bonnet about the demon drink

spiritof91and94

Quote from: The GAA on October 01, 2008, 12:17:39 PM

Where's yer man that usually boots the bridge around this time of year for not preparing properly for the ulster club? bee in his bonnet about the demon drink

I think it is T OHare ;D

centre 3/4s

Here spirit while your on could you tell me why you dont post the lotto numbers for you club on your website, i went on to it there and the numbers for about 3 weeks ago were on it. You would think that if people from other clubs are buying your totes you would at least have the decency to update your lotto web page now and again!!

Doire abú

spiritof91and94

Quote from: centre 3/4s on October 01, 2008, 01:04:29 PM
Here spirit while your on could you tell me why you dont post the lotto numbers for you club on your website, i went on to it there and the numbers for about 3 weeks ago were on it. You would think that if people from other clubs are buying your totes you would at least have the decency to update your lotto web page now and again!!

Will look into it - the admin takes alot of holidays and i wouldnt have time to update it ;)

saffron sam2

Quote from: milltown row on September 30, 2008, 08:39:46 PM
the lads were sent off v Galls late on, Galls were on top and the bridge lost their rag.

i expect a tougher game next time, though Benny expects to get to another final, after reading irish news today he was talking themselves up.

You are being disingenuous. The first sending-off was at the start of the second half, the second (Coulter) midway through. Even after these sendings-off, Mayobridge still pulled it back to a one point game. The other two sendings-off (Burns and Rooney) had little impact on the outcome, but you are right about the Bridge losing their collective rag. Long before the game ended, Mayobridge had descended into a disorganised, ill-disciplined rabble. Even well after the final whistle, the referee's safety was in danger as he was surrounded by a mixum-gatherum of 'Bridge players and supporters, intent on hurling verbal abuse or knocking his black book out of his hands.

I think that St. Gall's have improved from that day, whilst Mayobridge have gone backwards. Consequently I see St. Gall's winning by at least 4.

For the record, here are the teams from 2005.

Mayobridge: S Featherstone; S O'Hare, B Grant, G Barry; R Sexton, F Poland, K O'Hare; D Rooney, E Woods; N Sexton (0-1), B Coulter (0-1),  A Barry (0-1); J Quinn, M Walsh (0-2, 0-1 free), R Coulter (0-3 frees). Subs: M Linden for Quinn (h-t), C Garvey for R Coulter (49).

St Gall's: P Murray; S Kennedy, A McLean, C Brady; G McGirr, C McCrossan (0-1),  A Healy; K McGourty (0-1), A Gallagher (0-1); P Gribben, S Burns (0-3, 0-1 free), T O'Neill; K Stewart (0-5, 0-2 frees), K Niblock, C McCann. Subs: Conor McGourty for McCann (35), Ciaran McGourty for Niblock (51), R Gallagher for McCrossan (53), G McCarren for Healey (61).

St. Gall's have lost Murray, McGirr, McCrossan and McCann. Burns won't start and Gribben has changed his name to Veronica. The two McGourtys, Sean Kelly and Ronan Gallagher certainly strengthen the side.
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

islandboy

only getting back to the board now after a few days on the beer. the better team won and in the second half pulled away. dan was massive blow( even though we knew all week) to us but the boys kept going. molloy was awesome and never gave up. it was a good learning experience for our team which is quite young and we are not far away. hard for magic in that there was a lot of expectation but he will get better every game.

magic will be out for months- ligament damage. ballygalget will not be happy but you cant blame him for wanting to play football.
bridge boys were deserving winners and good luck in ulster

my final point is that the atmosphere was poor considering the crowd. newcastle always had a better atmosphere. pity not playing there anymore

amallon

Cheers IslandBoy.  Your boys pushed us all the way.

Saffron Sam - What does the bit about the lad Gribben changing his name to Veronica mean??
Disclaimer: I am responsible for MY comments only.  I don't own this site.

saffron sam2

Exactly that. He got married to a Miss Veronica (I don't know her first name) and changed his name from Gribben to Veronica.
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

spiritof91and94

Quote from: saffron sam2 on October 01, 2008, 03:17:35 PM
Exactly that. He got married to a Miss Veronica (I don't know her first name) and changed his name from Gribben to Veronica.

WTF? Is he a she?

amallon

Wow she must wear the trousers!
Disclaimer: I am responsible for MY comments only.  I don't own this site.

T O Hare

:) :) :) :) Unreal
"2008 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

dundrumite

Quote from: T O Hare on October 01, 2008, 03:44:24 PM

That is hilarious :D :D :D