Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

5 Sams

Two excellent games in Ballyholland today. The Town beat Rostrevor in the Reserve Final and the Bridge beat Burren in the Premier Reserve Final....the Premier Reserve Final was notable for a few things...young Aaron Ward from Burren got badly hurt and had to be taken to hospital with what looked like a neck injury...hope he has a speedy recovery. Mickey Linden hoisted over two superb points for the bridge just when they needed them...and finally one of our colleagues on here was drafted in with two minutes to go to settle the the ship for the bridge. Well done Tommy ;D ;D ;D
The Aristocrat Years

BRIDGE LAD

Yea have to agree Sam, premier reserve match was a clinker! Mickey Linden is a pure legend, 45 years of age and the fastest man on the field unreal! Would still be an option for many senior teams throughout the county, brilliant! Some great point taking and could maybe have had a few goals! BigTom, only for him steady the ship he did!

5 Sams

Quote from: BRIDGE LAD on September 27, 2008, 10:06:45 PM
Yea have to agree Sam, premier reserve match was a clinker! Mickey Linden is a pure legend, 45 years of age and the fastest man on the field unreal! Would still be an option for many senior teams throughout the county, brilliant! Some great point taking and could maybe have had a few goals! BigTom, only for him steady the ship he did!

A few boys around me were saying...fcuk I still wouldnt like to be chasing Mickey Linden. His free from the hands from about 60 yards out was class. Well done to the bridge....first of a treble????
The Aristocrat Years

Minus15

heard that bosco beat st micks by 6

bridgegael

well done to 'bridge 2nds yesterday in a very hard tough game with burren.  as said already here mickey linden is a legend,  scoring 1-4 at the age of 45 in a match like that is unreal,  the man could go on forever!!!!  the most decorated 2nds player in Down football came on at the end to steady the ship and give his experience to the young lads,  he had a career threating injury and was out of football for over a year good to see you back tommy!!!!
"2009 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

Down Gael

Good Luck to both teams today. Its hard to see anything but a comfortable win for the bridge, but you never know.
Sadly I cant make the game today, I have a charity event to attend down the country and will also be well out of range of 5fm. It would be greatly appreciated if someone could post up some updates.

T O Hare

Quote from: bridgegael on September 28, 2008, 09:35:15 AM
well done to 'bridge 2nds yesterday in a very hard tough game with burren.  as said already here mickey linden is a legend,  scoring 1-4 at the age of 45 in a match like that is unreal,  the man could go on forever!!!!  the most decorated 2nds player in Down football came on at the end to steady the ship and give his experience to the young lads,  he had a career threating injury and was out of football for over a year good to see you back tommy!!!!

As i said last night records are made to be broken!!! i hope someone breaks my record some day!!! :L :L
Mickey Linden is unreal, the game was tight with fifteen to go when one of our lads went on with water to him, he fused a drink saying he needed to get a point first... he won the next ball beat his man and fired it over... unbelievable... he laughed when i said "see ya next year Mickey".... he could play for years yet!!!!
"2008 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

Lecale2

IHC final half time Portaferry 2-4 Liatroim 0-5

No1

That looks like we are fucked now.  What is the craic with Tullylish beating Bryansford?  Where yiz all on the beer spirit?  Cloneman, what did you think of the referee in our game?

mournerambler

Bridge a point up & Dan Gordon has been replaced due to injury.

supersub

rostrevor beat an rioct last night 4-13 1-12 or something like that! kingdom were pretty poor!

cloneman

Quote from: No1 on September 28, 2008, 03:17:18 PM
That looks like we are fucked now.  What is the craic with Tullylish beating Bryansford?  Where yiz all on the beer spirit?  Cloneman, what did you think of the referee in our game?

I thought the referee wasn't too bad, he let a lot more go than we are used to seeing when we head up that part of the world.   :P
I take it you would disagree given the reaction of your lads at the end of the match.

mournerambler

Loughinisland 0:6     Mayobridge 0:4 @ half-time

DownFanatic

Halftime

Mayobridge 0-04  Loughinisland 0-06

Bridge seem to be struggling. Gordon's loss hasnt seemed to affect the Island. The Blues are dominating possession.

Our Nail Loney