Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

supersub

Quote from: spiritof91and94 on September 19, 2008, 10:14:07 PM
Castlewellan reserves are playing well at the minute with Marty McKibben pulling the strings, donal ward, audie mcveigh, paddy hardy, kevin owens all playing as well as younger members - cannot see rostrevor beating them.

rostrevor have a lot of experienced and talented footballers in the side, shouldn't be underestimated at all. players like paul gannon and gary farell have a wealth of experience and the younger lads such as gareth clarke, brian keenan and barry og mcconville have shown well over the year and have a lot of skill, fight and spirit in them... even if they are all 2 fond of the drink :D but that didnt stop them gettin to the final! they dnt miss much from the dead ball either.. apart from the odd penalty ganz..  ;) goodluck to both teams hopefully the reds can win a championship for the club this year!

Leo

Quote from: Blue Island on September 19, 2008, 10:29:25 PM

I can remember playing against McAlarney when he was around the age off 42-44 and still playing for the seniors and Dan McCartan was doing nets for Carryduff seconds when he was well into his fifties.

I believe Dan won a junior championship with Carryduff (firsts) when he was over 50 and his son Mark played in the same team.
Fierce tame altogether

TowBar

Any word of how the playoffs are gonna be played this year?? The season is dragging on a bit with potentially 7 matches left in Div 3 with the top 4 teams almost certainly already decided. The county board need to get their finger out, a season running from the beginning of March to mid November is ridiculous. Look at the match last night, bredagh stuffing Glassbrumman who must have fielded a 3rds team, a totally pointless fixture!!!

DownFanatic

Final round for prediction league

SFC Final
Mayobridge v Loughinisland: Mayobridge - They should win this hands down. Johnson's impact should be curtailed, the Bridge will have a plan for midfield inadequacies and Benny and Co will run riot in the attack. A Loughinisland win would send out the wrong message to all other Senior clubs across the county. I'll be there cheering the Bridge on with all my might.

IFC Final
Annaclone v Darragh Cross: Annaclone - The Clone have been my favourites all along and this is surely their biggest test. These are two very capable footballing teams. The upset of a shock for Darragh Cross is a distinct possibility. These teams are lot more evenly matched than others think. However, the Clone may just shade it.

JFC Final
St John's v Bright: St John's - Total no brainer. St Johns are the probably the best drilled Division 4 team ive seen in a long time. They have really set down the template for other Junior clubs in regards to getting their house in order to progress to the Intermediate ranks.
Bright have got here by beating three of the worst teams in the competition while St Johns have knocked out two Division 3 sides on the way. That says it all.

PRFC Football Final
Mayobridge v Burren: Mayobridge

RFC Final
Rostrevor v Castlewellan: Rostrevor

MFC Final
Bryansford v Mayobridge: Bryansford

MFC 'B' Final
Carryduff v Longstone: Longstone

dodgy umpire

Quote from: DownFanatic on September 20, 2008, 11:55:46 AM
Final round for prediction league

SFC Final
Mayobridge v Loughinisland: Mayobridge - They should win this hands down. Johnson's impact should be curtailed, the Bridge will have a plan for midfield inadequacies and Benny and Co will run riot in the attack. A Loughinisland win would send out the wrong message to all other Senior clubs across the county. I'll be there cheering the Bridge on with all my might.

A loughlinisland win could boost football in down, one club dominating the county for years cant be good for football, an east down team winning would be beneificial. in saying that though the bridge would be better placed to progress in ulster championship
The Boys in Red and Black are back

guevara

Warrenpoint recorded a great win in Downpatrick last nite under the lights.
Witnessed some of the biggest acts of thuggery Ive ever seen on a football pitch our fullback got emptied after ten mins and Downpatrick done nothing but fight off the ball!
Point were better team by a mile and played the footbalkl!
Ref cant be blamed though as a lot was going on behind his back.
Football won the battle last night!!!
"Some people want it to happen, some wish it would happen, others make it happen"

Michael Jordan

DownFanatic

Latest ACFL Division 2 Table

Bryansford  18   34
Clann na Banna 16  24
Annaclone  18   22
Warrenpoint  16   22
----------------------------------
Shamrocks  18  20
Ballymartin  17  19
Darragh Cross  17   17
Attical  18   17
--------------------------------
Downpatrick  18  14
Tullylish   18  10
Kilclief   16   7
Dundrum   18   2

Outstanding Fixtures:  Kilcilef v Banbridge + Kilclief v Warrenpoint + Banbridge v Warrenpoint + Ballymartin v Darragh Cross 

gorm agus bui

Quote from: guevara on September 20, 2008, 03:32:10 PM
Witnessed some of the biggest acts of thuggery Ive ever seen on a football pitch our fullback got emptied after ten mins and Downpatrick done nothing but fight off the ball!
Never read as much nonsense in my life. Warrenpoint did deserve the win as they were able to score all the frees they were awarded but they were their usual cowardly niggly selves. Sneaky leaving the boot in, mouthy, diving like O'mahoney. full back did indeed get emptied for a cowardly punch in the back of the head. He will think next time he tries something like that.
But then going on past history of reporting alleged attacks Warrenpoint do have form for dodgy reporting.
for the record i am not from Downpatrick but might be playing against the Point next year as they will still be in Div 2

DownFanatic

Kilclief beat us something like 4-18 to 0-09 this evening in Dundrum.

Bitta-Banter

Superstar

Heard Annaclone and Tullylish drew tonight, dunno the score.
If it wasnt for this auld knee injury...........

guevara

Quote from: gorm agus bui on September 20, 2008, 03:46:06 PM
Never read as much nonsense in my life. Warrenpoint did deserve the win as they were able to score all the frees they were awarded but they were their usual cowardly niggly selves. Sneaky leaving the boot in, mouthy, diving like O'mahoney. full back did indeed get emptied for a cowardly punch in the back of the head. He will think next time he tries something like that.
But then going on past history of reporting alleged attacks Warrenpoint do have form for dodgy reporting.
for the record i am not from Downpatrick but might be playing against the Point next year as they will still be in Div 2

Really???? because the club umpire has informed me that the full forward just turned and thumped Brendan and the lad himself has verified this. Kearney wouldnt be type of boy to fight at all.
Even some Downpatrick players were saying to our players that is same every week with the fighting and brawling and A East Down man informed me of the same as did a Banbridge supporter.
Were does your cowardice argument come from? Our boys played the football and your players were running about trying to hit young guys like 16 year old Ross McGarry.
We got frees for fouls! thats the rules in truth we shouldve won by more.
"Some people want it to happen, some wish it would happen, others make it happen"

Michael Jordan

bredaghgael86

Quote from: guevara on September 20, 2008, 10:21:15 PM

Really???? because the club umpire has informed me that the full forward just turned and thumped Brendan and the lad himself has verified this. Kearney wouldnt be type of boy to fight at all.
Even some Downpatrick players were saying to our players that is same every week with the fighting and brawling and A East Down man informed me of the same as did a Banbridge supporter.
Were does your cowardice argument come from? Our boys played the football and your players were running about trying to hit young guys like 16 year old Ross McGarry.
im not saying it untrue or whatever, as i wasnt there, but people shouldnt make the excuse of he's only 16 or only a young lad. if he is good enough to play and he steps out on the pitch to play with men, then he shouldnt expect to get treated any differently just cause he is young. its not a personal attcak on you i must add, but ive heard this a few times when teams played against us this year and thought id point it out. boredom more than anything.lol

SCENTOFSAM

Quote from: guevara on September 20, 2008, 10:21:15 PM

Ask my brother am I a Liar!!
Our full foprward is one big gentle giant and has never been involved in anything like this before. Our umpire said he got a dig in the back of the head and just  took your mans lights out
For the record mate there has not been one schmozzle, fight, raised fist or any incident in any of our games this year nor would Isay last year.( bar a couple of times in Warrenpoint this year when some  of your lads were acting the wag and needed thier ears cuffed)
Downpatrick would have one of the best discipliary records in the county with not a red card for about three years or so.
I did not think you boys spoke to the Banbridge club. Just wrote about them in the paper

guevara

God thats hilarious!! actually the Banbridge team & management were in our social club for tea & sandwiches after our game last week!
Im not saying 16 year olds should get special protection but its cowardly for grown men to target young guys simply because of their age!!
This isnt about disciplinary records as I have al;ready said alot happens off the ball that referees simply cannot see!

Michael Jordan