St John's v Bright; St John's

PRFC Football Final
Mayobridge v Burren; Mayobridge

RFC Final
Rostrevor v Castlewellan; Rostrevor

MFC Final
Bryansford v Mayobridge; Mayobridge

MFC (B) Final Ardglass v Longstone; Longstone
Disclaimer: I am responsible for MY comments only.  I don't own this site.

islandboy

bitta banter- have you nothing new to say about our transfers into the club- jealousy will get you nowhere- its an open door policy, if people want to leave they can leave, if they want to join they can join. obviously your club has been affected by transfers but maybe you should ask why do they want to leave? why are we a feeder club?

Dulaney

SFC Final
Mayobridge v Loughinisland; Mayobridge

IFC Final
Annaclone v Darragh Cross; Darragh cross

JFC Final

PRFC Football final
Mayobridge v Burren; Burren

RFC Final
Rostrevor v Castlewellan; Castlewellan

MFC Final

MFC (B) Final
Ardglass v Longstone; Longstone

spiritof91and94

Quote from: Square Ball on September 18, 2008, 06:03:58 PM
Quote from: spiritof91and94 on September 18, 2008, 04:34:54 PM
Anyone know when the Minor final is - we hope it is before the Senior Game as scheduled. We have seven boys leaving on the 1st October for university in Mainland UK, surely all minor football should be over before then.

Saturday 27th September at Atticall

U-14 A Final Rostrevor v Carryduff at 1-00pm

U-14 B Final Ardglass v Newry Shamrocks at 11-00am

Saturday 27th September at Rgu Downpatrick

Minor B Final Carryduff V Longstone at 3-00pm

Sunday 12th October at Pairc Esler

Minor A Final Bryansford v Mayobridge at 2-00pm

looks as if you will have to bring them back spirit

Absolute disgrace that one player can hold of 49 other lads from playing before a senior final - but here, we may as well stay at home going by the predictions on this board ;)
If the senior game is a draw when is the replay? probably the 12th as the hurling is on the 5th and Down champs play in Ulster on 19th, what will happen then to the minor final -26th Oct? Sure leave it to Halloween Night in Newry ;D  Another classic example of the dilligent Fixture Secretary in Down football.

Final round for prediction league

SFC Final
Mayobridge v Loughinisland; Loughinisland

IFC Final
Annaclone v Darragh Cross; Darragh Cross

JFC Final

PRFC Football Final

RFC Final

MFC Final
Bryansford v Mayobridge; Bryansford

amallon

Spirit - Are you saying Ryan Brady should be made play the two finals one after the other?  Or the senior side be forced to play without him?  I don't think either of these options are fair.

No1

Whitehair, I think Mark Trainor played county minors alright.  Downpatrick and Portaferry won the SFC and SHC respectively in 1991 so that was his only chance to have picked up the two medals.  I have my doubts that he did.

Heard today that Gabriel Tumelty is reffing the senior football final  :D.  That is shocking, he is nowhere near the standard required, the man struggles at Premier Reserve level.  

Con Reynolds has jacked the refereeing it in after not getting any championship game at all this year.  I always thought Con was one of the better referees about.

Oh aye, county secretary confirmed last night that bottom 2 in Division 2 definitely go down no matter what points totals are achieved.  That is fair enough because it's a straight dogfight between us and Tullylish, but will that affect other divisions? 

Can't believe they are f**king about at this stage considering the balls they made of Division 3 last year!

No1

QuoteSpirit - Are you saying Ryan Brady should be made play the two finals one after the other?  Or the senior side be forced to play without him?  I don't think either of these options are fair.

Aidan, did Sean Featherstone not play in 3 county finals on the one day not so long ago?

spiritof91and94

Quote from: amallon on September 19, 2008, 09:48:56 AM
Spirit - Are you saying Ryan Brady should be made play the two finals one after the other?  Or the senior side be forced to play without him?  I don't think either of these options are fair.

Aidan - should 49 other lads be deprived the opportunity to play on the biggest day in Down Football? Will young Brady start? Doubtful.
We have seven lads going off to college and they wont have a training session prior to the final because of the Brady situation.
I think the County Board have made a shocker here and if the scenarios i brought up earlier occur what will happen?
The County Board should have fixed this final for last Sunday evening (obviously they were aware of the clashes) to get it off the list instead it is going to depend on results whether it is played or not before November ffs.
Bet your Minor mentors are feeling a bit cheesed off by this as well, we know they are ;)

amallon

I'd be very surprised if Brady doesn't start for the seniors.  This won't have been the first time the minor final hasn't been played before the seniors, it happened us in 99 as well.  Thats just life.  The senior county final is the big one and every club wants their strongest hand going into it, and Brady is certainly a key figure in our strongest hand.  Bryansford should be making representations to the co board to have the game played sooner if the date doesn't suit them. 

I haven't heard a word of complaint from our minors on the issue and I be talking to a good few of them.

dundrumite

Quote from: No1 on September 19, 2008, 10:00:23 AM
QuoteSpirit - Are you saying Ryan Brady should be made play the two finals one after the other?  Or the senior side be forced to play without him?  I don't think either of these options are fair.

Aidan, did Sean Featherstone not play in 3 county finals on the one day not so long ago?

He was a goalkeeper, big difference between the energy expenditure between doing nets and outfield. What 3 finals were played on the one day?
Have to agree with A Mallon, the boy shouldnt be deprived of the chance to play in 2 finals or at the same time be forced to play on 2 in one day. Did he start against Saval? If my memory serves me right he did against Bryansford and was very impressive.
It shouldnt matter to the players involved in the minor final if it is played before the senior final or not. Several years in the past it has being played on a different date.
Though it is very unfair on the Ford lads to be missing those trainings, perhaps a compromise date could have being reached.

spiritof91and94

Quote from: amallon on September 19, 2008, 10:23:49 AM
I'd be very surprised if Brady doesn't start for the seniors.  This won't have been the first time the minor final hasn't been played before the seniors, it happened us in 99 as well.  Thats just life.  The senior county final is the big one and every club wants their strongest hand going into it, and Brady is certainly a key figure in our strongest hand.  Bryansford should be making representations to the co board to have the game played sooner if the date doesn't suit them. 

I haven't heard a word of complaint from our minors on the issue and I be talking to a good few of them.

We did, to no effect, though we were told that a limit will put on this in future ie; over 3 players involved will get a game like this changed.
99 was different as you had up to 6 involved in both games.

D4S

SFC Final
Mayobridge v Loughinisland; MayobridgeIFC Final
Annaclone v Darragh Cross; AnnacloneJFC Final
St John's v Bright; St John'sPRFC Football Final
Mayobridge v Burren; MayobridgeRFC Final
MFC Final

MFC (B) Final Ardglass v Longstone; Longstone
The secret of success in life is for a man to be ready for his opportunity when it comes.

amallon

I think the 3 player limit is a load of cack, what if you have a young Benny Coulter or Marty Clarke on your minor team?  I can't see many senior teams wanting to do without a minor of that sort of talent.

Super Dupe

Quote from: Bitta-Banter on September 18, 2008, 05:38:06 PM
Magic isnt ur only good signing Islandboy,McCarthy is ur best signing,Ward has been a good one,along with Turley.
Dont think Mayobridge have any transsfers in have they?
Only noticed Burren have quite a few signings in and so do Saval from tthe senior semi-finalists.
Y did G McCarten leave Rostrevor and go to Burren?

Gerard McCartan left Rostrevor to go to Burren as his family mover there about 18 months ago.  We were disappointed that he left and tried to get him to stay but he had his mind made up.  No point in keeping a player who doesnt want to stay.

On another transfer, was at the Reserve semi final last night between Rostrevor and Mayobridge.  I noticed a fella Laverty playing full forward for the Bridge.  Turns out it was 'Coke' Laverty from Castlewellan.  I remember him as being a good player when he was younger.  Cant be that old now, what would he be 29!!!

Statto-Gael

SFC Final
Mayobridge v Loughinisland; Mayobridge

IFC Final
Annaclone v Darragh Cross; Annaclone

JFC Final

PRFC Football Final

RFC Final
Rostrevor v Castlewellan; Rostrevor

MFC Final