Previous topic - Next topic

umpire

Loughinisland's past record in Down Senior football finals

1972; Downpatrick 2.5 Loughinisland 0.8
1973; Bryansford 0.16 Loughinisland 1.7
1974; Bryansford 3.5 Loughinisland 0.8
1975; Loughinisland 1.7 Rostrevor 0.9
1985; Burren 0.10 Loughinisland 0.5
1988; Burren 1.10 Loughinisland 0.7 (MOM John Killen)
1989; Loughinisland 1.12 Bryansford 0.7 (MOM John Trainor)

amallon

It was Sean Goss you are thinking of Fanatic he took up Quad racing and hasn't played for the Bridge since the age of about 20, Nial Kennedy was a thirds footballer for about 7 years but never managed to progress to seconds other than for a rare game here and there.  He probably just came along at a bad time when the bridge had a glut of good footballers.  Nigel is the player/manager with our thirds, he doesn't play a whole lot anymore.  I hope Nigel doesn't mind me saying but he lacked a little bit of athleticism, he had all the other attributes to have been a good senior player for us.
Disclaimer: I am responsible for MY comments only.  I don't own this site.

amallon

The Bridge's record since 1998 in county finals

1998 Mayobridge v Rostrevor Lost Don't know score
1999 Mayobridge 0-14 Burren 0-8
2001 Mayobridge 0-15 Castewellan 1-9
2002 Mayobridge 2-14 Rostrevor 0-9
2003 Bryansford 1-08 Mayobridge 0-09
2004 Mayobidge 4-12 Annaclone 0-8
2005 Mayobridge 0-13 Bryansford 0-7
2006 Mayobridge 1-10 Burren 0-4
2007 Mayobridge 0-16 Longstone 1-13
2007 Mayobridge 1-8  Longstone 0-9
Disclaimer: I am responsible for MY comments only.  I don't own this site.

Dulaney

I don't know if there has been a conclusion to the curiosity about the possibility of a change of jersey's for the senior final though my guess would be that both teams will be able to play in their normal kit without any need for a change. There was no need for a change of jerseys last year when Mayobridge played Dromore in the Ulster c/ship so I'd presume the down co. board will take the same line as the Ulster council and allow both teams to play in their normal colours!!

islandboy

agree with point concerning barton, he has one all ireland - big deal- opposing him on sunday were gary mason(2 all irelands) and gerard colgen(1 i think but possiblt two).

umpire 1989 final we scored 3-9 . sorry for being fussy

T O Hare

Bid anybody read Benny Tierneys piece today about Burren and the Pavalova? :)
"2008 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

THE DADGA

is it a wonder down intercounty football is so poor; its senior club level is about as competitive as solitare!!!! and i thought tyrone was bad :D

T O Hare

Quote from: THE DADGA on September 17, 2008, 12:32:09 PM
is it a wonder down intercounty football is so poor; its senior club level is about as competitive as solitare!!!! and i thought tyrone was bad :D

and were you from dadga

bredaghgael86

Solitare played vegas style is a very demanding game ;D.  with magic about to turn out in both the senior football and senior championship finals, i was wondering who the last player would have been to do it? i thought blaney, but i'm not sure.

THE DADGA

T O Hare

Maiden1

Quote from: bredaghgael86 on September 17, 2008, 12:40:59 PM
Solitare played vegas style is a very demanding game ;D.  with magic about to turn out in both the senior football and senior championship finals, i was wondering who the last player would have been to do it? i thought blaney, but i'm not sure.

Don't think Carryduff ever got to a senior championship final!  If ever it would probably be someone playing for Kilclief in the 40s or whatver.
There are no proofs, only opinions.

bredaghgael86

So it would be a fairly big achievement? or at least impressive as it hasnt been done before?

T O Hare

when your clubs start competing in their respective senoir championships maybe the county team will be a whole lot better!!!