Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

supersub

any word on the u21/20 championship in down starting? burren in with a good chance of winnin that aswell...again! hopefully not thow  ;D

miss mess

i fancy burren to take the bridge if they meet in the final.  clonduff could have beaten them in the first round and we should have beaten them last year in both games.  the bridge never do anything outside of down anyway.  maybe burren could make a name for themselves yet again in ulster like many moons ago. 

spiritof91and94

Quote from: miss mess on September 05, 2008, 01:32:49 PM
i fancy burren to take the bridge if they meet in the final.  clonduff could have beaten them in the first round and we should have beaten them last year in both games.  the bridge never do anything outside of down anyway.  maybe burren could make a name for themselves yet again in ulster like many moons ago. 

Are you on the wind up - ffs they have only got to a championship semi final, many moons ago is a very long time

amallon

A lot of coulds and shoulds but no result miss mess!  ;)  As for a Bridge Burren final I'm not looking passed Saval and I'm sure Burren won't be thinking about anything other than Loughinisland.

Disclaimer: I am responsible for MY comments only.  I don't own this site.

stpauls

lads, whats the weather like down the country? if it is anything like up here in Holywood, will there be many of tonights games going ahead?

DownFanatic

Went to the game last night. Kilcoo are forever the bridesmaids. I beleive that it is lack of height which is holding them back. Simple as that. Yes, they have a handful of 6 footers but last night it was glaringly obvious once again that they just cant compete with high ball.
Burren looked very capable. Loughinisland will give them a great game and this will a very hard one to call. The Bridge should take Saval. Complacency wont be an issue and you'd expect them to make the Final.
The IFC draw is pretty straightforward in my eyes. I just cant see past Annaclone and Darragh Cross. It is highly unlikely that Glasdrumman will cause another shock while Darragh will be too mobile for an ageing Kilclief team.
The winners of the St Johns/St Pauls game are guaranteed to win the JFC. Bright are awful while Aghaderg may just be slightly better but neither of these two teams will have a hope in the Final.
On a totally personal note I hope St Pauls beat St Johns. You would think to hear from these St Johns boys that they are the next big thing. They have only won Division 4 and they are talking of great things ahead. Hopefully St Pauls can knock the cockiness out of them and go on and take the Junior.

islandboy

island v mayobridge is off tonight. our pitch is unplayable. gives us a week to prepare for semi final. i do think we could have played the semi closer to home as it is an hour to newry. even hilltown would be fine burt the powers to be would rather the game played in a 90 % empty ground in south down. nothing new there

amallon

Cheers for the update IslandBoy. 

down_head

any word on what the ballyholland picth is like?? there is supposed to be minor semi final there tomorrow? wil it go ahead?

miss mess

heaven forbid a girl could have an opinion

amallon

Don't worry miss mess its not sexism its just Clonduffism.

kinghen

initially we were told the island game would be in castlewellan next sunday, but obviously newry want to hold as many games as possible.

DownFanatic

Tullylish v Dundrum at Laurencetown has succumbed to the weather.

Dubh driocht

Bredagh V Glasdrumman is off - cherryvale closed.

T O Hare

Quote from: miss mess on September 05, 2008, 01:32:49 PM

:D ;D
"2008 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"