Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stiff breeze

bring back the lethal injection thats what I say

tsunami

Quote from: Superstar on August 21, 2008, 03:02:45 PM
Thought last nights game between Clann and the point was as good a game as youre gonna see, some fantastic football from both teams, and as has already been said the lad Boyle was the difference, he took some fine fine scores. The only down point on the game, apart from clann loosing oviously was the officials, how did he not send the lad off who took out the bann player along the side, it was as reckless a challenge as youll ever see, and the fella was already on a card, should have walked no question about it. Also the "point" that was not given from the free kick was an absolute shocking decision from the umpires, it was over the bar, clear as day. If they coulnt see that, then they should not be anywhere near the sticks

Thought it was absolutely hilariuos when the point lad puunched our number 4 (who isnt exactly the biggest fella in the world) in the back of the head, then ran away, absolute cowardice of the highest order.

Lastly im just glad that young mallon seemed to be alright last night, I heard an offal rumour that he had some sort of carrer threatning injury, though he seemed to have got over it, he scored an absolute cracker of a goal, but ill not tell you about, cos someones probably already put it in the irish news, perhaps hell put an apology in with it as well, and put the whole matter to bed once and for all, ill not hold my breath though, absolute joke of a lad!!!!!
having watched the game and most of the other champioship games, it seems the refs can't win. when your player has the ball, you scream for a foul at the slightest contact, yet when the opposition have the ball and getting the daylights thumped out of him, you scream  fck sake ref its a mans game, let it go. also, its only negative cmments posted about  match officials, if merited, lets hear some positive comments. they can't all be bad!!

Whitehair

Good to see the board back to normal to keep Brick happy! :P

Down Gael

Ross reappointed as Down manager.

Our Nail Loney

Quote from: Down Gael on August 22, 2008, 02:44:44 PM
Ross reappointed as Down manager.

rightly so, is there any reports about this?

Down Gael

I got a text message earlier telling me about it, but its a reliable source. Its no real surprise anyway. Progress was made this year and should also be made in 2009. Well earned rest for everyone at the minute, but they will be back training before Christmas.

corn02

Good decision. Real progress made, just has to get Walsh back now and you will be flying.

Down Gael

If progress is to be made again in 2009 Down have to look forward, not back.

Our Nail Loney

Quote from: Down Gael on August 22, 2008, 02:57:10 PM
If progress is to be made again in 2009 Down have to look forward, not back.

stating the obvious

Dubh driocht

Bitta-Banter

Darragh Cross 0-12 Downpatrick 1-8

kumquat

Saul 02 - 09 Drumaness 00 - 05
Buy us a pint then Boselecta!!!

DownFanatic

Down ACFL Division 2
Shamrocks 1-18  Dundrum 1-09

Probably the best we have played all year.

eyeswideopen

Div 4
Dromara   3-15   B/kinlar 1-5
Aghadreg 3-11   A/finn  1-13

passedit

St Pauls beat Teconnaught by a point.
Don't Panic