Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lfdown2

I can see what the clanns lads are saying, I know what I would think if the same happened our club and I would imagine most clubs in the county would take exception to this!

Brick Tamlin

i agree but nothing has been proven either way and its all pretty much speculation, and i dont think its for anyone on here to publically castigate players and try to smear someones character when really they arent in a position to comment.

behind the wire

Quote from: lfdown2 on August 21, 2008, 03:39:46 PM
I can see what the clanns lads are saying, I know what I would think if the same happened our club and I would imagine most clubs in the county would take exception to this!

unless you are from brick tamlins club who obviously wouldnt mind the name of their club being dragged through the mud in national press for no reason.
He who laughs last thinks the slowest

Brick Tamlin

again as i said if you have facts either way about the incident or are in some way able to prove that the club name "was dragged through the mud in national press for no reason" then fair play to ye. Im not getting dragged into a debate on the rights and wrongs of off field incidents, im merely saying that i dont agree with people coming in here and making assumptions and character assassinations when really they know f**k all about what actually happened or didnt happen be it the case.

lfdown2

surely it should be the other way round, the allegations should have been proven before the club name WAS dragged through the mud?!

ardmhaca08

forget about mallon!! he is very stupid wat her done!! i heard that he was very drunk and fell and didnt wana tell ne1 that he was drinkin!! pretty sad if yas ask me if ya ave to make that up!! very stupid!! so ne1 missin frm mayobridge r kilcoo lst nyt? any stars for the future?

Dannymcfella

Quote from: lfdown2 on August 21, 2008, 04:03:17 PM
surely it should be the other way round, the allegations should have been proven before the club name WAS dragged through the mud?!

Correct!!

Brick Tamlin

il ask the question again..

when are the schools back.

Square Ball

Quote from: Brick Tamlin on August 21, 2008, 04:11:53 PM
il ask the question again..

when are the schools back.

all depends what school and what year I think, but in saying that its back to normal by the 2nd

Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

Brick Tamlin

back to normal as in we get this board back to some semblance of normality.  I hope so.

corn02

Quote from: Brick Tamlin on August 21, 2008, 03:26:43 PM
Superstar what happens off the field should stay off the field and you will do well to remember that and be mindful with your future comments or personal attacks on opposing players. Personally i think that if some of Clans players hadnt got so caught up in giving so much "attention" to one Point player then they might have had a better chance of winning. Also i dont think you would be man enough to go toe to toe with said player on the fiield of play either. Its so easy to hide behind an alias on a forum. Twit.

Interesting comments there Brick considering you called Ciaran McKeever a talentless thug not too long ago, some moral highground. i take it you would be man enough to go toe to toe with him?

D4S

Touché!  Look any chance that subject could be dropped I'm from neither club but can't even be arsed making a comment on it, as we've since found out it had nothing to do with clann na banna club...so go start a thread in the non gaa related section about it if yous want to bicker!
The secret of success in life is for a man to be ready for his opportunity when it comes.

behind the wire

summed it up well D4S. could you spell it out in big letters for brick together with the back to school dates. cheers.
He who laughs last thinks the slowest

dundrumite

Superstar

As has been said, the accusations should have been proved before the said player and his family contacted the press, to go on to a radio station with such a wide audience and slate an entire club was the wrong thing to do, if the lad had been telling the truth, the police would have analysed the cctv from the nite club and subsequently made arrests, this did not happen, why??? because the accusations were false, for whatever reason the story was told, he should be man enough to admit what actualy happened.

Brick, giving too much attention to one player was not a factor in banns defeat last night, the players on the field were focused on progressing in the championship first and foremost, as I have said the difference was boyles scores
If it wasnt for this auld knee injury...........