Previous topic - Next topic

BRIDGE LAD

Any word of PRFC or RFC draws?

Our Nail Loney

st michaels match was called off

eyeswideopen

lfdown2

Lecale2

Bredagh beat Dundrum by 8 pts in the IFC.

bridgegael

saval       0.12
b'holland   0.09
"2009 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

DownFanatic

Down IFC 1st Round
Bredagh 2-14  Dundrum 1-09

It pains me to say it but well done to Bredagh. They played us off the park. They performed really well as a unit and their confidence was sky high. We simply had no answer to them.
Only 1 of our forwards scored from play and that was a solitary point. We are performing like a mid table Division 3 team at the moment.
I d fancy Bredagh to come through the Division 3 playoffs this year. They are solid if unspectacular. Suprisingly enough Enda Gormley has gone off the boil but they have some really impressive forwards namely Costello and McKenna.
Well done and good luck in the next round. :-\

Square Ball

Quote from: DownFanatic on August 17, 2008, 07:36:20 PM
Down IFC 1st Round
Bredagh 2-14  Dundrum 1-09

It pains me to say it but well done to Bredagh. They played us off the park. They performed really well as a unit and their confidence was sky high. We simply had no answer to them.
Only 1 of our forwards scored from play and that was a solitary point. We are performing like a mid table Division 3 team at the moment.
I d fancy Bredagh to come through the Division 3 playoffs this year. They are solid if unspectacular. Suprisingly enough Enda Gormley has gone off the boil but they have some really impressive forwards namely Costello and McKenna.
Well done and good luck in the next round. :-\

definitely not the team yous were last year DF. we played well and won a lot of good ball and moved it on quickly. Our defence played well and forced your lot to take high percentage shots that didn't pay off
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

gorm agus bui

Any more  scores from this evening?

umpire

Liatroim 1.10 Longstone 2.7 (Think replay on Saturday)
Saval 0.12 Ballyholland 0.9

Dundrum 1.9 Bredagh 2.14
Newry Shamrocks 2.15 Saul 0.8

Auglisnafin 1.5 Bright 1.10

umpire

The Predictions league,

New Leader in Downfanatic

9   Downfanatic
8   Amallon
8   Centre3/4
8   Niall Quinn
8   Off the Laces
8   Umpire
7   Brick Tamlin
7   Bridgegael
7   General
7   Islandboy
7   TheWobbler
6   D45
6   Dundrumite
6   Minus15
6   NO1
6   Square Ball

amallon

Its all very tight at the top!

Laitroim will be disappointed they didn't win yesterday, for me they looked like winning until they had the man sent off.  Should be another tight game in the replay.  A lot depends on how the Stone's injury situation fairs out.  Mark Doran went off injured yesterday to really compound their problems.

The Saval Ballyholland game was a tame affair, more like a league game.
Disclaimer: I am responsible for MY comments only.  I don't own this site.

lfdown2

did you have much of a view of the square ball aiden?
also when c mccrickard got fouled and went down injured brannigan reached for his cards then realised the stone man had been booked already...
and the free for the stone at the death was unbelievable paddy pierce was getting dragged like fcuk

but maybe just sour grapes....

amallon

I was too far away to make any call on the square ball.  However I was surrounded by stone men and they had some very strong opinnions on it!  ;D 

On the other incident the ref certainly went for the card, even the Stone boys around me were saying he was going to go.  The linesman came in for something and seemed to distract him from sending him off.

IfDown at the end just before the possible free you mentioned the Stone had a good call for a free at the other end.  Maybe it was a case that the ref was happy to keep the ball in the middle of the field where no team was going to score.

A draw was a fair enough outcome for me.  Standing amongst Longstone supporters is an experience, my hearing is almost fully recovered now but I still get an occasional ringing noise in my right ear.  ;D
Disclaimer: I am responsible for MY comments only.  I don't own this site.

lfdown2

fair enough sour grapes it is then, just worried we have let our chance slip though maybe not..

aye most vocal supporters in the county without a doubt!!