Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

In the Onion Bag

Torgael has the score correct 1.10 to 1.07 for Drumgath.
They were much the hungrier team 2nite and deserved the win.  Should have won by a bagful but for the squandering of chances in the 1st half. 
Drumgath will be a handful if they make the playoffs

Whitehair

Quote from: dundrumite on August 04, 2008, 10:42:22 PM
Quote from: BRIDGE LAD on July 31, 2008, 03:31:53 PM
What do you mean again man? I thought there was a few bosco lads on the panel, my mistake! Yea very impressed with bosco against the bridge. Cant believe  there wasn't many of your lads as well! McGarry's son would not get on any of the teams i've mentioned!

That lad put on perhaps the best forward display I have seen this year tonight. Either it was a flash in the pan or maybe he is getting slated for being the selectors son?

He's only going into lower 6th this year too. He scored a penalty with a few minutes to go, then a 45 into the wind and rain to win the Rannafast for St Colmans earlier in the year.

kinghen

burren were beaten well by kilcoo tonight, kilcoo very difficult to beat on their home turf, although have to say they play a very negative game dropping at least to forwards back into defence!

hope ambrose makes a full recovery from his terrible ijury, 2 other young longstone lads hav gone through thesame thing in ryan kelly and gerard quinn, kelly back playing good stuff but quinn has never quite fully rcovered from it, i hope to see ambrose playing again, great prospect and a nice lad!!

lfdown2

liatroim rostrevor drew after liatroim being 6 points up at start of 2nd half needed an equaliser to get the draw!

Any word on an riocht and bholland!?

amallon

I'd just like to wish Ambrose a speedy recovery.  Anyone know how having your spleen removed would affect a person.  What does a spleen do?  Ambrose had a great year for Down and is a civil lad so once again all the best to him.
Disclaimer: I am responsible for MY comments only.  I don't own this site.

amallon

CHAMPIONSHIP DATES & VENUES                  
DAY   MATCH         VENUE   TIME    REFEREE
THURS AUG 14th   GLASSDRUMMAN   V   ST JOHNS   DUNDRUM   7.00PM   M RAWLINSON
   DARRAGH CROSS   V   ARDGLASS   BALLYKINLAR   7.00PM   E O HARE

FRI AUG 15th   KILCLIEF   V   TECONNAUGHT   DARRAGH CROSS   7.00PM   M LYNCH
   CASTLEWELLAN   V   BRYANSFORD   DOWNPATRICK   7.00PM   C BRANNIGAN
   BURREN   V   ATTICAL   AN RIOCHT   7.00PM   D LAVERTY

SAT AUG 16th   DRUMGATH   V   CARRYDUFF   CASTLEWELLAN   2.00PM   L MORGAN
   LOUGHINISLAND   V   ROSTREVOR   CASTLEWELLAN   3.30PM   D MOORE
   CLANNA NA BANNA   V   WARRENPOINT   BALLYHOLAND   5.00PM   N MORGAN
   ANNACLONE   V   TULLYLISH   NEWRY   6.00PM   J BURNS
   MAYOBRIDGE   V   CLONDUFF   NEWRY   7.30PM   G CORRIGAN

SUN AUG 17th   DROMARA   V   ST JOHNS   KILCOO   1.00PM   P D DOYLE
   GLENN   V   ST MICHAELS   TULLYLISH   1.00PM   C BRODERICK
   AUGHLISNAFINN   V   BRIGHT   LOUGHINISLAND   1.00PM   P MC CLOREY
   BALLYMARTIN   V   DOWNPATRICK   NEWCASTLE   2.00PM   B RICE
   LIATROIM   V   LONGSTONE   NEWCASTLE   3.30PM   P BRANNIGAN
   SHAMROCKS   V   SAUL   KILCOO   3.00PM   A GRANT
   DUNDRUM   V   BREDAGH   LOUGHINISLAND   3.00PM   G BRANNIGAN
   SAVAL   V   BALLYHOLAND   CLONDUFF   5.30PM   N COUSINS
   KILCOO   V   AN RIOCHT   CLONDUFF   7.00PM   L SMYTH

behind the wire

are we going to be ripped off again for going to watch a club championship game?
He who laughs last thinks the slowest

D4S

Quote from: amallon on August 05, 2008, 09:05:32 AM
I'd just like to wish Ambrose a speedy recovery.  Anyone know how having your spleen removed would affect a person.  What does a spleen do?  Ambrose had a great year for Down and is a civil lad so once again all the best to him.

We beat Loughinisland last night away from home 10-6 very good result.  Spleen has soemthing to do with cleaning the blood and fighting infections.  If you have it removed you have to take antibiotics for rest of your life as you are susceptible to any infections.  He's a very lucky fella was a real emergency during the night saturday night he actually had to get 6.5 litres of blood given to him, thankfully he's on the road to recovery now!
The secret of success in life is for a man to be ready for his opportunity when it comes.

amallon

Glad to hear he is on the mend.  That sounds like a real nightmare taking antibiotics for the rest of your days.  :-[

upthehoops

Quote from: behind the wire on August 05, 2008, 09:30:10 AM
are we going to be ripped off again for going to watch a club championship game?
What is the issue? the fact that you might have to pay or the price?

Super Dupe

Was speaking to a medic last night about the spleen and its function.  He says it has a very limited role, similar to the appendix.  Without your spleen you are more at rick of infection etc but it is not a life changing/restricting preocedure.  He should make a full recovery, although that is what will be the hardest.  He says it could take him a year to get back to being normal but that it definitely will happen.

Played Liatrom last night and drew in what was a tough game.  They went 6 points up 5 minutes into the second half after we had probably had 65% of the play.  It took us a while however to counteract Aidan O'Prey at full forward and Paddy Pearse at 11.  Conor Daly came on at half time and we were finally able to make our possession count.  Took the lead with about 5 to go and then missed 4 chances to wrap it up.  Liatrom scored with a free on the stroke of full time and then actually had about 3 minutes of pressure in injury time right around our goal but they never managed to get a shot in.

We should have won the game but would have taken a draw with 25 mintues left.

Minus15

any result from st pauls ardglass last night?

passedit

Don't Panic

off the laces

any other results from last night.
Keeps 'er' straight