Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Minus15

When is the draw for the minor championship semi finals?

general would agree with stiff breeze poor enough match littered with errors but Glenn were comfortable enough in the end!

spiritof91and94

Quote from: BRIDGE LAD on June 04, 2008, 10:46:47 PM
Quote from: spiritof91and94 on June 04, 2008, 09:36:03 PM
Anyone know anything on our Minor panel?

Bryansford won Ulster U17 title (Paul McGirr Cup) last year and are unbeaten in the ACMFL yet not one player has made the squad! Am I missing something here? And they all attended trials as asked to do so....

Cant get my head round that one either, Bryansford have some great minors as do Mayobridge who are also still unbeaten and there is only two from these two teams on the panel, they must have some team.
I think its the management, no harm to Dessie Kennedy but he hasn't got a clue, never did!!He wouldn't know how to change a light bulb never mind a game!  How do these people get the County job?? They won the all ireland with a great team and only just. Some of the minors from that year just laughed at him. Dont think Turley is much better.

How many of the Down minor team are playing in the semi final stage of the championship? The performance of Bryansford last night was awesome and i still feel we let the Ulster Championship and possibly another All Ireland slip away by bad management. Any comments

BRIDGE LAD

Totally agree with you spirit! Its definitely down to bad management, there are a number of players who could easily have been on that side from bryansford, kilcoo and mayobridge. There was only one each from the bridge and kilcoo! Think there should be a shake up in the minor management! 3 years plenty for them!

andunabu

Quote from: BRIDGE LAD on July 31, 2008, 02:44:03 PM
Totally agree with you spirit! Its definitely down to bad management, there are a number of players who could easily have been on that side from bryansford, kilcoo and mayobridge. There was only one each from the bridge and kilcoo! Think there should be a shake up in the minor management! 3 years plenty for them!

What about the Bosco lads too? There are a couple of those players could have made the team never mind the panel.  Most notably Chris Doogan.  Surely he should have been an option in Omagh. You're forgetting your Newry neighbours again Bridge Lad!!! :)

BRIDGE LAD

What do you mean again man? I thought there was a few bosco lads on the panel, my mistake! Yea very impressed with bosco against the bridge. Cant believe  there wasn't many of your lads as well! McGarry's son would not get on any of the teams i've mentioned!

islandboy

ballyholland v loughinisland is being played tonight

DownFanatic

Quote from: islandboy on July 31, 2008, 04:27:38 PM
ballyholland v loughinisland is being played tonight

IslandBoy, I see Loughinisland have pulled off yet another transfer coup. Howd did you's do it this time? Invent another make believe house on the Loughinisland Road?
He has played all his underage football to date with Drumaness.

behind the wire

is that not all the one parish? is loughinisland/teconnaght/drumaness not all one parish meaning they can transfer if they like?
He who laughs last thinks the slowest

Johnnie99

drumaness/ballynahinch is a separate parish from loughinisland

behind the wire

He who laughs last thinks the slowest

southdown

amallon

Castlewellan 0-14 Bridge 0-9.  Damage was done for us just before half time when the Town scored four unanswered points.  Bridge hit four wides in a row at the start of the second half which didn't help.  Kevin Duffin looked good again tonight, he had county player written all over him.
Disclaimer: I am responsible for MY comments only.  I don't own this site.

Lecale2

Was this Div 1 football or what?

umpire

Also played tonight in Div one game

Rostrevor 1.18 Saval 0.9

buglebhoy

Ballyholland 1.8 Loughinisland 1.8