Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

spiritof91and94

Quote from: Hoof Hearted on July 25, 2008, 12:51:03 PM
just off the subject slightly lads. i will be in Newcastle Co.Down on Sunday week 3rd August, the day of the qualifiers 4th round, anyone reccommend the best GAA bar to catch whichever match is on ?
Cheers

Donard Bar, Quinns or the Anchor - The Donard will probably be the best bet as the bar is spacious, Quinns is undergoing extensive renovations to upgrade 400 covers to 1000+ and isnt fully functional yet - The Anchor has up 6 Plasmas but the atmosphere is hit and miss. percy french will also have it but the prices are hastings hotel rates >:(

OnTheLine

Div 3 result from tonight - St Michael's 0.14 Bredagh 3.13 Good to have football back after the break for the twelfth...

general

were glenn playin mitchells tonight?? on holidays and missing a few games¨:(

DownFanatic

Ardglass won their 5th successive Connolly Cup with a 3 point win over Teconnaught last night while St Josephs (Ballykinlar/Dundrum) retained the Damien McCashin Shield (U-14 7-a-Side)

Minus15

Glenn play Mitchels on Monday general

centre 3/4s

Holy fcuk just heard wexford in next round, im telling you someone is looking down on us!! Wonder would that be at croker as part of double header with Kerry/Monaghan?

Mickey Linden

Just heard match likely to be in Parnell park on Sunday!

bridgegael

Quote from: Mickey Linden on July 28, 2008, 09:46:49 AM
Just heard match likely to be in Parnell park on Sunday!

where you hear this??

'bridge beat lonstone yesterday in league by score of  1.16 -108.  cathal magee and ronan sexton were outstanding for the bridge.  man of the match wa minor ryan brady who won everything that came his way.  good performance from the 'bridge

"2009 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

amallon

Yes a good win for the Bridge last night.  The Stone had their Feile 50 celebrations with the pitch being re-dedicated.  There was a meal afterwards and fair dues to the Stone for inviting the Bridge players and management.  I had a nose round their facilities and they are a credit to the people of Longstone.  The people up there really do know how to support their club, even when they had a poor team the Stone people still followed their team in big numbers.  There was great craic in the bar afterwards while the draw was being done, the Bridge lads were made feel very welcome.  Well done Longstone a great club.
Disclaimer: I am responsible for MY comments only.  I don't own this site.

bridgegael

who plays tonight then in div1?

clonduff v kingdom
"2009 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

spiritof91and94

Quote from: amallon on July 28, 2008, 10:40:15 AM
Yes a good win for the Bridge last night.  The Stone had their Feile 50 celebrations with the pitch being re-dedicated.  There was a meal afterwards and fair dues to the Stone for inviting the Bridge players and management.  I had a nose round their facilities and they are a credit to the people of Longstone.  The people up there really do know how to support their club, even when they had a poor team the Stone people still followed their team in big numbers.  There was great craic in the bar afterwards while the draw was being done, the Bridge lads were made feel very welcome.  Well done Longstone a great club.

Did the County players play for both teams?

amallon

Ronan Sexton and Cathal Magee were released for us.  Ambrose and Benny weren't allowed to play.
Disclaimer: I am responsible for MY comments only.  I don't own this site.

southdown

Great see yous had a good night Amallon, always loads of craic at that bar

miss mess

great atmosphere when the draw was being done.  big cheer went up when down got wexford.

T O Hare

could nt get to the stone game.. suppose to play RFL v Rostrevor, the ref never turned up, thats twice this season!!!!! Is this happening much in Down, this the ref was meant to be B Cousins!! its very frustrating!!! your whole day is put on hold for the game at 6 and then the ref does nt turn up >:(
"2008 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"