Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lecale2

western exile

Quote from: amallon on June 25, 2008, 11:54:18 AM
Where is a good spot to go for a good feed on route (close) to Clones?  Is there anywhere else in Clones that does pub grub apart from the place beside the Paragon, it wasn't that good that last time I ate there. 

The Lennard Arms Hotel to the left of The Diamond in Clones always does a Sunday lunch in the bar, and caters for a large crowd on match days. 
I have had it many a time  ;)

ExiledGael

Quote from: amallon on June 25, 2008, 11:54:18 AM
Where is a good spot to go for a good feed on route (close) to Clones?  Is there anywhere else in Clones that does pub grub apart from the place beside the Paragon, it wasn't that good that last time I ate there. 

Squealing Pig in Monaghan does the best feed in the county if you ask me. Probably cost you 15 odd euro but it's excellent.

In the Onion Bag

July Fixture Changes

A Chara,
Apologies for my mistake in the handbook of starting July Fortnight a week too early.  July Fixtures will now be as follows:

Thurs 3rd      ACFL Series 12 & Div 3 series16 
Sun 6th        ACPRL Series 13
Tues 8th       ACHL
Thurs 10th    ACFL Series 13 & Div 3 series 17
Sun 27th      ACFL  Series 15  & Div 3 series 19
Series 14ACFL & Div series 18 in the book for July 25th will now be fitted in at end of league.

is mise
Sean O Ruanaidh

Blue Island

Was just looking at Down Armagh thread and noticed western exile says there is good odds for Dan Gordon scoring first goal on sunday. Obviously there are other players more likely to score first goal, but he regularly scores goals and at 33-1 those odds are beyond tempting.

spiritof91and94

Quote from: In the Onion Bag on June 25, 2008, 09:44:19 PM
July Fixture Changes

A Chara,
Apologies for my mistake in the handbook of starting July Fortnight a week too early.  July Fixtures will now be as follows:

Tues 8th       ACHL
Series 14ACFL & Div series 18 in the book for July 25th will now be fitted in at end of league.

is mise
Sean O Ruanaidh

How many mistakes can a man make in one year?
The clubs still dont know any dates for SFC First Round, is it any wonder players are hard to hold onto....The county make a Ulster Semi Final and the grassroots club fixture calender is thrown into chaos.

amallon

Spirit its a nightmare job doing up them fixtures, would you like to be sitting down to draw them up with all intricacies that are involved. 
Disclaimer: I am responsible for MY comments only.  I don't own this site.

stpauls

Quote from: In the Onion Bag on June 25, 2008, 09:44:19 PM
July Fixture Changes

A Chara,

Tues 8th       ACHL

is mise
Sean O Ruanaidh

man, that is a joke, what is going to happen now if people who have holidays booked to go when there are no games on, just to suit the club, and now have to miss a game or 2!!
it may not have been so bad, if they had realised this mistake a couple of months ago, but 2 weeks before hand. shows a lot of incompetance if you ask me!!!

5 Sams

Sorry lads. I have to agree with A Mallon here and defend the fxitures secretary. That job is a complete nightmare. Complicated as fcuk and then you get people looking for fixtures moved/called off/postponed.

Dont forget its the guy's 1st year in the job as well....cut him a bit of slack.
The Aristocrat Years

D4S

I agree with 5sams and amallon also!

Was reading yesterday in Irish News the Fermanagh county players will not be involved with their clubs at all until after the ulster final.  All league fixtures have been scrapped and they have drawn up a new competition for their senior clubs...3groups of 6 teams drawn out against each other, with then qualifiers from each group playing off to win the competition.   Their league fixtures have been completely scrapped.

Surely when your county team has a chance of winning an Ulster title you have to accept their will also have to be changes to the down fixture list!
The secret of success in life is for a man to be ready for his opportunity when it comes.

thewobbler

stpauls - I don't see how the fixture changes could affect holidays. The mid-season break now starts a day earlier and finishes on the same time. If anything, this move is going to suit more people.

mournerambler

Sean Rooney said that the earliest date available for club championship is the w/e of 15th August due to Down's win over Tyrone.

stpauls

the fixture list that was in place was fine, it didn't need to be changed.
the 12th fortnight was always from the last friday before the twelth, why change it this year?

Quote from: thewobbler on June 26, 2008, 10:57:16 AM
stpauls - I don't see how the fixture changes could affect holidays. The mid-season break now starts a day earlier and finishes on the same time. If anything, this move is going to suit more people.

it actually starts a week later, the last game was meant to be on Thursday 3rd, not Thursday 10th.

upthehoops

it is a nightmare of a job and he's a good lad but clubs cannot be forced to play without players who booked their holidays in good faith when the fixtures came out. It is not a hanging offence and i am sure common sense will prevail.
Lets get over Sunday before we start planning supplementary competitions like Fermanagh