Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

passedit

Now that the leagues are half way through could someone enlighten me as to the mechanism for promotion and relegation from division three. I've been told that there will be no playoffs with the bottom three going down and the top two up. surely this would be grossly unfair to drumgath especially, or is this the CO board's way of sticking two fingers up at them for last years debacle?
Don't Panic

stiff breeze

its drumgaths fault that the league is in the state it is with 2 many teams in it. It would be justice if they went down. play offs work with the bottom 4 play off and three go down. any team with less than 30% of the top team in the league go straight down.

DownFanatic

Took a look at the 1st Round draw of the IFC there. This must be the weakest field that the IFC has had in years. Annaclone and Warrenpoint will probably be backed as the two favourites.
There is a direct split of Division 2 and Division 3 teams in it with 8  coming from each grade.

TORGAEL

Stiff breeze, i dont agree that its drumgaths fault at all. the county board tried to change the rules to suit the situation in which they found themselves, a situation which they had also created themselves. to say that it would be justice if they were relegated sounds puerile.

passedit

Quote from: stiff breeze on June 19, 2008, 07:31:49 PM
its drumgaths fault that the league is in the state it is with 2 many teams in it. It would be justice if they went down. play offs work with the bottom 4 play off and three go down. any team with less than 30% of the top team in the league go straight down.

Are you sure about that stiff breeze, i'm being told no playoffs. Which, considering they were introduced to allow starred games to be played, would be grossly unfair. BTW I was thinking promotion playoffs rather than relegation for drumgath. It's also unfair on the other teams because it's luck of the draw whether you play them with or without their county players.
Don't Panic

In the Onion Bag

umpire

Welcome to Super Dude on this tread to keep us inform of Super Reds.

Regarding this year's Championship, everyone seem to tiip the Bridge to win it.

Super Dude could tell us that they should have beaten the Bridge in 2007, I feel that the Bridge are in danger of peaking too soon.

T O Hare

Quote from: umpire on June 19, 2008, 11:49:55 PM
Welcome to Super Dude on this tread to keep us inform of Super Reds.

Regarding this year's Championship, everyone seem to tiip the Bridge to win it.

Super Dude could tell us that they should have beaten the Bridge in 2007, I feel that the Bridge are in danger of peaking too soon.

why would we be peaking too soon?, sure the championship was meant to be this week, all teams should be at championship level at  minute!!!!
"2008 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

D4S

Tonights club betting

2/7 Longstone 7/1 Ballyholland 3/1
2/5 Mayobridge 7/1 Kilcoo 2/1
4/6 Clonduff 6/4 L'island 11/8
1/1 Castlewellan 6/1 Rostrevor 4/5
1/3 Burren 7/1 An Riocht 9/4
5/6 Atticall 6/1 Warrenpoint 5/6
4/7 Ballymartin 6/1 Banbridge 6/4
The secret of success in life is for a man to be ready for his opportunity when it comes.

southdown

D45 where are those odds from??

D4S

Called into Hughes bookies warrenpoint last night!
The secret of success in life is for a man to be ready for his opportunity when it comes.

corn02

Castlewellan at evens anyone?

D4S

Could be a great bet thrown in with a couple of the short priced so called 'certs'!

Super Dupe

Many thanks umpire for your kind welcome.

I will attempt to keep you informed of all things Super Reds.
Should we have beaten the bridge last year?  We COULD have beaten the bridge but i think the replay showed their true form.  They cleaned us out that day.

What last year does show is that the bridge can be caught though on any day.  The stone pushed them to the limit in both games in the final.  I think the stone again will be the main opposition especailly with Ambrose playing like he is.
Castlewellan are an unknown quantity.  You never really know what you are going to get.  We play them tonight and god only knows how the game will end up.
Bryansford are a dangerous team too as last years championship showed.  Div 2 football may stand against them, but not to the extent that people think.
Clonduff arent bad, but i just cant see it.
Burren with a full team are strong.  But will they get a full team?
Loughinisland are a good side.  Gordon is the main man and if he isnt marked out of it then he could destroy you with possession all day.
Kilcoo.  You know what you get from them.  If you dont match their work rate they will beat you.  If you do, they find it tough.
For the other teams, perhaps us included, the league i believe is the main priority.  Survival is what its all about, although we will give the championship a rattle when it comes around.

Dannymcfella

Quote from: D4S on June 20, 2008, 10:22:08 AM
Tonights club betting

2/7 Longstone 7/1 Ballyholland 3/1
2/5 Mayobridge 7/1 Kilcoo 2/1
4/6 Clonduff 6/4 L'island 11/8
1/1 Castlewellan 6/1 Rostrevor 4/5
1/3 Burren 7/1 An Riocht 9/4
5/6 Atticall 6/1 Warrenpoint 5/6
4/7 Ballymartin 6/1 Banbridge 6/4

Ballymartin-Banbridge game is on Monday night, not sure why, i'm just a player why would the tell us anything??
Goin to the Point then to throw my house on Ballymartin!!!! :'(