Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Uladh

Quote from: 5iveTimes on June 11, 2008, 11:07:23 PM

2. Luke Howard
3. Gary McArdle if Monk is suspended, though this would be a last resort.
4. Damian Rafferty.

5. Aidan Carr.
6. Liam Doyle.
7. Paul Murphy.

It's not great Lads, is it?

Pangurban

On his second half performance last Sunday Carr deserves to start, As must Mc Comiskey. Not happy about Lynch in middle of field but we dont have viable options, especially if Dan is out. Time for Benny to deliver a big game, and Mc Comiskey alongside would free h im up a little to deliver. Defence remains the perrenial problem and no short term solution in sight, but Murphys inclusion will strenghten things a little. I am optimistic, we can win it, loud vocal support will provide the impetus, so lets hear you lads

goldenyears

altho i dont agree i am hearing that lynch will start, mccomiskey wont.

murphy in, carr remains in half back, murtagh in half forward, ambrose wont start unless dan injured.

benny is injured, hasnt trained in 3 weeks which perhaps explains his less than usual sharp performance

imdagaffer

Quote from: goldenyears on June 12, 2008, 09:53:47 AM

benny is injured, hasnt trained in 3 weeks which perhaps explains his less than usual sharp performance

Why is he playing then?

turnbacktime

Quote from: Pangurban on June 12, 2008, 12:35:00 AM
On his second half performance last Sunday Carr deserves to start, As must Mc Comiskey. Not happy about Lynch in middle of field but we dont have viable options, especially if Dan is out. Time for Benny to deliver a big game, and Mc Comiskey alongside would free h im up a little to deliver. Defence remains the perrenial problem and no short term solution in sight, but Murphys inclusion will strenghten things a little. I am optimistic, we can win it, loud vocal support will provide the impetus, so lets hear you lads
i dont think that big lynch did anything wrong on sunday. Everyone is praising Ambrose like mad lets not forget that a month ago everyone was questioning why he was even in the squad, he did indeed have a very good half and the substitution worked, but its only one half of football. can he do the same for the full match?--- As for colgan partnering him?- i cant see it nor would i want to - - - -  If monks suspension is real why not pop murphy into full back, lethal engine & desire in him!

DownFanatic

Down ACFL Division 2 (Thursday Night)

Dundrum 0-10  Downpatrick 3-16

We are being taught some very harsh lessons in this Division. Downpatrick dominated from start to finish.
The things we got away with in Division 3 are no longer.

Square Ball

See the BBC has more fantastic GAA coverage tonight, DJ can be banned as he was already serving a ban
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

goldenyears

i hear dan definitely starts - not broken but staved, catching balls in training last night

going with 3 midfielders, jackie, dan and ambrose coming out from corner forward.

benny at 11 and r murtagh at 14 with j clarke, mccomiskey on bench

havent heard about full back line yet but its def not murphy!

behind the wire

right lads heading stateside for a couple of months. hope you can all keep me updated while im away.
He who laughs last thinks the slowest

Uladh

Quote from: goldenyears on June 13, 2008, 04:04:34 PM
i hear dan definitely starts - not broken but staved, catching balls in training last night

going with 3 midfielders, jackie, dan and ambrose coming out from corner forward.

benny at 11 and r murtagh at 14 with j clarke, mccomiskey on bench

havent heard about full back line yet but its def not murphy!

Want to have a stab at the team there GY?

goldenyears

uladh i dont really have enough info to be honest. i'll take a bash at:

b mcveigh

l howard
d mccartan
d raff

a carr
l doyle
p murphy

j lynch
dgordan

r sexton
r murtagh
d hughes

j clarke
b coulter
a rodgers

stab at the back line, and as i said 3 midfielders and murtagh and coulter changing every 10 mins or so

stiffler

b mcveigh

l howard
J Colgan (need a big man there to play against Cavanagh)
d raff

a carr
l doyle
p murphy

J Lynch
d gordan

r sexton
J Clarke
d hughes
A Rodgers

R Murtagh
b coulter

McCumiskey to come off the bench 5mins into second half.

If Monk was fit I would have played him in the full back line with Rafferty moving to wing half back, Carr to the half forward line, Rodgers to midfield, and Lynch to the bench.

GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

Mourne Rover

Word is that the team named by Goldenyears is spot on. It's a bit hard to believe that Jackie is starting again, but Ross must feel he is needed for the physical battle early on. While McCartan is small for a full back, he will go for everything. The sooner McComiskey appears, the better.

Uladh

Quote from: Mourne Rover on June 13, 2008, 07:05:54 PM
The sooner McComiskey appears, the better.

How about from the start?

In the Onion Bag

Ardglass bt Carryduff
Bredagh bt Saul

any word on Glassdrumman, Drumanness and Drumgath?