umpire

Correction
Rostrevor 1.9 Ballyholland 0.7

Our Nail Loney

Quote from: charlie stubbs on June 07, 2008, 09:49:48 AM
MAGHERLIN BEAT SAUL 1-16 TO 1-9 BRIAN SWEENEY SCORED 1-8

you from maralin yeah charles?

amallon

Disclaimer: I am responsible for MY comments only.  I don't own this site.

stiff breeze

is the down game televised 2mara?

Our Nail Loney

Quote from: stiff breeze on June 07, 2008, 04:28:21 PM

DEFERRED COVERAGE BBC2 AT 7PM

SEE MAIN PAGE FOR ONLINE COVERAGE

stiff breeze

Quote from: Our Nail Loney on June 07, 2008, 04:45:28 PM
Quote from: stiff breeze on June 07, 2008, 04:28:21 PM

DEFERRED COVERAGE BBC2 AT 7PM

SEE MAIN PAGE FOR ONLINE COVERAGE

cheers for that. gonna lock myself in the house til 7 !

DownFanatic

What did you think of the game on Friday night No1?

Square Ball

Quote from: passedit on June 07, 2008, 01:38:42 PM
anybody got all the results?
Thurs 5th June
ACFL Div 1
Rostrevor 1 09  Ballyholland 0 07
Loughinisland 1 13 Saval 1 10
ACFL Div 3
St Pauls 0 13  Drumgath 1 08
Carryduff 1 07 Glenn 1 07
ACFL Div 4
Aughlisnafinn 0 02  St Johns 3 13
Friday 6th June
ACFL Div 1
Clonduff 0 09 Mayobridge 1 16
An Riocht 0 11  Longstone 1 11
Castlewellan 1 19  Burren 1 06
Kilcoo 0 16 Liatroim 0 09
ACFL Div 2
Darragh Cross 1 11  Attical 1 07
Bryansford 2 16 Downpatrick 1 08
Kilclief 1 17 Dundrum 2 08
Shamrocks 2 13 Clanna na Banna 2 12
Warrenpoint 2 12   Ballymartin 1 05
Tullylish 1 11  Annaclone 2 15
ACFL Div 3
Teconnaught 0 07  Mitchels 0 05
Saul 1 09 St Micheals 1 16
St John Bosco 0 12 Bredagh 1 09
Glassdrumman 0 08 Ardglass 0 09
ACFL Div 4
Ballykinlar 0 09 Bright 5 10
Dromara 1 11  Aghaderg 1 11

Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

DownFanatic

Replay next Saturday 7pm in Newry.

Jerry Quinn said on 5FM there now that this weeks club fixtures will be a starred set.

imdagaffer

bit quiet on here this evening.... all stuck in the dam traffic coming out of omagh I assume!!

Down moved the ball very good in the 2nd half. 1st half was dire football!

Murph & McComiskey MUST start next day out......

The Corporal

Add Ambrose to that list instead of Jack Lynch

Mourne Rover

There's been very little talk about the injury time free which was given against McComiskey, but from where I was sitting it looked a clear foul by McGee. If that decision had gone our way, we would have won a game which for most of the first half seemed on course for a hiding on a scale which would have ended the career of the managers and about half of the players.

In fairness to Ross, having picked the wrong team, he made all the right substitutions and out-thought Harte when the pressure was on.
The early stages were among the most embarrassing of the last decade, with our defence a shambles from the opening seconds. Tyrone probably should have had five goals before the break, but after that the players showed immense courage and the replay could go either way.

McVeigh was among those who seemed to freeze at the start and his kick-outs were not great. He had little chance with the goals, made a fine save from Penrose and his handling under pressure in the second half was impressive.

Howard could have been taken off early on, but he steadied and generally used the ball well. Cole was something similar and drove forward well after the break. He was lucky to escape with a yellow for throwing out his elbow, and nearly did the same thing a few minutes later. Murney is a decent young player, but he could not cope at all today and should probably have been replaced even earlier than he was.

Rafferty worked hard, but is on the light side and lost possession badly a couple of times. Doyle had a shaky start, but improved and is capable of much more. Carr was another defender who was woeful early on, but he came into it in the second half.

Gordon was outstanding from start to finished and played a real captain's game. Lynch tries hard but he is not really a county player.

Our starting forwards were much of a muchness, and managed a point from play between them. Benny scored a goal and set up another but had a poor enough game and did not look particularly fit.

Apart from big Dan, our stars were all the subs.  Ambrose has taken a long time to make his mark at senior level, but he was magnificent all over the field today and even managed to finish as our top scorer. Murphy was excellent, McKernan was sound and McComiskey came very close to winning the game for us.

We have a lot to think about for the replay, but, amazingly after the first half display, we are still in the competition.

5 Sams

I'll talk about the game in the morning....but I just want to thank all the Down lads on this board who bought raffle tickets for the Harps Car draw today in Omagh....Yis know who yiz are lads...thanks a million and we hope to return the favour at some stage :)
The Aristocrat Years