Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Naomh Pol CLG

Quote from: In the Onion Bag on June 05, 2008, 09:58:49 PM
Maiden,
Are those real results?  If so two big surprises.

The St Pauls one is..Naomh Pol 0-13 Droim Gath 1-8.  Great performance from the guys, Looks like I am not going to get my place back in the team, but if they keep playing like that I be happy to wait until next season before being selected again.

imdagaffer

Quote from: spiritof91and94 on June 05, 2008, 10:06:04 PM
FROM WEBSITE

Please find attached the Down Senior Football side to take on tyrone this Sunday in Omagh

1. Brendan McVeigh (An Ríocht)
2. Luke Howard (Ath Bhriain)
3. Martin Cole (Caisleán Ruairi)
4. Colm Murney (Caisleán Ruairi)
5. Aidan Carr (Cluain Daimh)
6. Liam Doyle (Liatroim)
7. Damien Rafferty (Seamrogai An Iuir)
8. Dan Gordon (Captain) (Loch An Oilean)
9. Jack Lynch (Droim Gath)
10. John Fegan (Cluain Daimh)
11. Ronan Murtagh (Baile Cholmain)
12. Danny Hughes (Sabhall)
13. John Clarke (An Ríocht)
14. Ronan Sexton (Droichead Mhaigh Eo)
15. Brendan Coulter (Droichead Mhaigh Eo)

MINOR
1. Colm Heaney (Seamrogai An Iuir), 2. Conor O Hare (Baile Ui Mhairtin), 3. Anton McArdle (Boireann), 4. Pauric O Rourke (Boireann), 5. Micheal Higgins (Baile Ui Mhairtin), 6. Gerard McNulty (Naomh Eoin), 7. Robbie White (Baile Cholmain), 8. Darren O Hagan (Cluain Daimh), 9. Conor Poland (Cloch Fhada), 10. Paul McPolin (Cluain Daimh), 11. Connaire Harrison (Glasdromainn), 12. Jarleth Brannigan (Dún Phadraig), 13. Ben O Reilly – Captain (Loch An Oilean), 14. Paul Devlin (Cill Chua), 15. Ryan Brady (Droichead Mhaigh Eo)

What website?

spiritof91and94

club emails were circulated at 9pm

thewobbler

The senior team is interesting in that Lynch and Fegan have force their way back in after dropping out of favour towards the end of the league. It's good to see Dee Rafferty back in, he is a cracking player and the right man to tag either Dooher or McGuigan. The half forward line is very dynamic, and I can see them spending a whole of time (along with Sexton) back in their own half.

But...from last year's experience, don't be surprised if the team that Ross names and the team that takes the field aren't quite the same thing.

Regarding the minors, can i just say, what a f**king forward line we have. Now the only question is, will they all pass the ball to each other? Fellas like that who are all used to being the main man might struggle a wee bit with the whole team concept. Here's hoping i'm wrong, for if they click, it could be amazing.

passedit

Quote from: In the Onion Bag on June 05, 2008, 09:58:49 PM
Maiden,
Are those real results?  If so two big surprises.

Carryduff is correct as well. Talking to a lad who was at it, poor fare, duff missing a right few according to him.

Don't Panic

thewobbler

Oh and as for tonight's games, Rostrevor beat us by 4, and Loughinisland won by 2.

Rostrevor were the better side tonight, although we thoroughly dominated for 20 minutes of the second half and had plenty of chances to get back approaching level. The four point deficit nearly all arose from a superb team finished by Collie Clerkin just before halftime. Jarlath Farrell had an exceptional game for them, but generally speaking the standard wasn't great.

Johnnie99

ACFL4 aughlisnafin 0-02 st johns 3-13

downredblack

Carr sideline appeal turned down 

Ross Carr was outspoken after the defeat by Fermanagh
Down manager Ross Carr will watch Sunday's Ulster SFC clash against Tyrone from the stands after his appeal against an eight-week ban was rejected.

Carr was suspensed for criticising a referee after his team's National League defeat by Fermanagh in April.

Carr's assistant DJ Kane is also banned from the Healy Park sidelines as the ban he is currently serving does not elapse until Tuesday.

Carr can making a further appeal to the Disputes Resolution Authority.

No1

Quote1. Brendan McVeigh (An Ríocht)
2. Luke Howard (Ath Bhriain)
3. Martin Cole (Caisleán Ruairi)
4. Colm Murney (Caisleán Ruairi)
5. Aidan Carr (Cluain Daimh)
6. Liam Doyle (Liatroim)
7. Damien Rafferty (Seamrogai An Iuir)
8. Dan Gordon (Captain) (Loch An Oilean)
9. Jack Lynch (Droim Gath)
10. John Fegan (Cluain Daimh)
11. Ronan Murtagh (Baile Cholmain)
12. Danny Hughes (Sabhall)
13. John Clarke (An Ríocht)
14. Ronan Sexton (Droichead Mhaigh Eo)
15. Brendan Coulter (Droichead Mhaigh Eo)

It would hardly fill you full of confidence, but sure what the f**k about it, we'll go and support them to the hilt!

5 Sams/Wobbs, what do yiz reckon about Murtagh at number 11?  Never really struck me as a playmaker, Mulholland usually sets them up for him to knock in!

Good to see Hughes in confident mood in the IN this morning "we don't want to go down there and get thumped"  ::)

Any suggestions for a decent bar before the game?

lfdown2

It would hardly fill you full of confidence, but sure what the f**k about it, we'll go and support them to the hilt!

5 Sams/Wobbs, what do yiz reckon about Murtagh at number 11?  Never really struck me as a playmaker, Mulholland usually sets them up for him to knock in!

Good to see Hughes in confident mood in the IN this morning "we don't want to go down there and get thumped"  ::)

Any suggestions for a decent bar before the game?

to be fair i think thats the party line, dont think they'll be short on confidence, warranted or not...

goldenyears

wobs, it was probably one of the worst div1 games in down history! two v poor teams on that performance.

travelling on sunday for the craic, really dont know what to expect - probably thinking a 6 point defeat is about right

wouldnt it be great to travel with a settled side, playing a set system on the back of 2 or 3 wins

Our Nail Loney

Got the odds from hughes bookies... Think it will have odds for tonight, I'll post up if I get any

Who won last night then??

You could do benny surely with most bookies but maybe the odds won't be up til today, try p power

thewobbler

Aye GY, quite a few fellas were on about it as a dreadful game of football. I don't remember it being that bad, It was fast moving and committed, if a little shapeless.

no.1 - I'd say we Ballyholland folk have seen Murtagh in the no.11 shirt maybe twice in five years, so we can't offer much more than you on this one. Playing defence last year for Down though definitely helped him play with his head up, which should help him in this position no end. He's never going to be Kieran McDonald in this position, floating 70-yard passes in, but he has the skill, desire and fitness to link defence and attack all day long.

lfDown - the last few time i've been in Omagh, Molly Sweeney's has been the ticket. It's a huge pub, with a large car park / beer garden and I think it's as close as you'll get to the ground.

Our Nail Loney

Just heard Rostrevor won by couple points, fella said ballyholland were useless! Thats my bet dicked anyway!

5 Sams

Quote from: Our Nail Loney on June 06, 2008, 10:19:13 AM
Just heard Rostrevor won by couple points, fella said ballyholland were useless! Thats my bet dicked anyway!

Did the fella also tell you that it took Rostrevor 24 minutes to score their first point in the second half.....Ballyholland were poor alright but Rostrevor were dire as well. Conor Daly came off the bench and kicked their only two scores of the 2nd half and won it for them.
The Aristocrat Years