Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

spiritof91and94

Quote from: superblues on June 04, 2008, 08:33:44 PM
the senior championship is on next weekend all i know is that the bridge play clonduff in newry sunday evening

If Down are beat the SFC is w/e 20/6/08
If Down win the SFC is w/e 13/06/08
If draw and Tyrone win the replay SFC is w/e 27/6/08
If draw and Down win the replay SFC  is not known!

Great forward sight!
If Down get through on Sunday the Ulster semi is scheduled for Sunday 29/6/08 - hence the above dates.

Other games scheduled for c'ship weekend (whenever it is) are;
Friday evening Bryansford v Castlewellan in Downpatrick
Saturday evening Longstone v Liatroim in Newcastle

spiritof91and94

Quote from: amallon on June 03, 2008, 11:25:30 AM
Any truth that demand for tickets is very low?

No great demand in Bryansford and Tyrone seems to be the same! County are selling terrace tickets tomorrow night in Newry.

spiritof91and94

Anyone know anything on our Minor panel?

Bryansford won Ulster U17 title (Paul McGirr Cup) last year and are unbeaten in the ACMFL yet not one player has made the squad! Am I missing something here? And they all attended trials as asked to do so....

SCENTOFSAM

Quote from: spiritof91and94 on June 04, 2008, 09:36:03 PM

Bryansford won Ulster U17 title (Paul McGirr Cup) last year and are unbeaten in the ACMFL yet not one player has made the squad! Am I missing something here? And they all attended trials as asked to do so....
Have no connection with Bryansford but cannot understand how young Clarke who is at the Red High is not featuring

Tyrone Dreamer

Quote from: spiritof91and94 on June 04, 2008, 09:32:42 PM
Quote from: amallon on June 03, 2008, 11:25:30 AM
Any truth that demand for tickets is very low?

No great demand in Bryansford and Tyrone seems to be the same! County are selling terrace tickets tomorrow night in Newry.

Could be a poor enough crowd. Hard to know what way the tickets are going but the fact they're on Ticketmaster and Down are selling them tomorrow night suggests ticket sales arent great. Strange considering it should be a decent match and it isnt on tv.

BRIDGE LAD

Cant get my head round that one either, Bryansford have some great minors as do Mayobridge who are also still unbeaten and there is only two from these two teams on the panel, they must have some team.
I think its the management, no harm to Dessie Kennedy but he hasn't got a clue, never did!!He wouldn't know how to change a light bulb never mind a game!  How do these people get the County job?? They won the all ireland with a great team and only just. Some of the minors from that year just laughed at him. Dont think Turley is much better.

off the ground

Quote from: BRIDGE LAD on June 04, 2008, 10:46:47 PM

Cant get my head round that one either, Bryansford have some great minors as do Mayobridge who are also still unbeaten and there is only two from these two teams on the panel, they must have some team.
I think its the management, no harm to Dessie Kennedy but he hasn't got a clue, never did!!He wouldn't know how to change a light bulb never mind a game!  How do these people get the County job?? They won the all ireland with a great team and only just. Some of the minors from that year just laughed at him. Dont think Turley is much better.

he seemed to be blamin an average panel of players for the presumptive defeat to tyrone in the IN today, but in fairness tyrone undoubtably  have the better squad

SCENTOFSAM

Quote from: off the ground on June 04, 2008, 11:10:06 PM
Quote from: BRIDGE LAD on June 04, 2008, 10:46:47 PM

he seemed to be blamin an average panel of players for the presumptive defeat to tyrone in the IN today, but in fairness tyrone undoubtably  have the better squad
Marks son managed to make the panel, and no harm to anyone he would struggle to make a good club minor squad but being on couny minor squad is good for the old uni cv!!!!

amallon

Bridge lad we'll have to agree to disagree about Grant I think he has had some great games this season.  I'll agree with you on Shane O'Hare and add Micheal Lively to that.  Both have imrpoved greatly over last season and continue to improve. 
Disclaimer: I am responsible for MY comments only.  I don't own this site.

Our Nail Loney

Betting for tonight...

L'island 4/5 6/1 1/1 Saval
Rostrevor 2/5 6/1 Ballyholland 2/1

Any predictions?

doing the two outsiders myself

stpauls

ACFL Division 3

St. Paul's 0-13 Drumgath 1-08

great gameof football this evening, we fought back from a 5 point deficit to take the 2 point victory.
that's 2 weeks in a row we have shown that we have what it takes to stay in division 3, we can only hope we carry this through the rest of the season.

dundrumite

Quote from: Our Nail Loney on June 05, 2008, 05:14:08 PM
Betting for tonight...

L'island 4/5 6/1 1/1 Saval
Rostrevor 2/5 6/1 Ballyholland 2/1

Any predictions?

doing the two outsiders myself

ONL Where did you get them odds??? Was looking to do Benny for first goal on Sunday but Boyles dont go that specific on line

Maiden1

Carryduff  D  D  Gleann
St Paul's  W  L  Drumgath   
There are no proofs, only opinions.

In the Onion Bag

Maiden,
Are those real results?  If so two big surprises.

spiritof91and94

FROM WEBSITE

Please find attached the Down Senior Football side to take on tyrone this Sunday in Omagh

1. Brendan McVeigh (An Ríocht)
2. Luke Howard (Ath Bhriain)
3. Martin Cole (Caisleán Ruairi)
4. Colm Murney (Caisleán Ruairi)
5. Aidan Carr (Cluain Daimh)
6. Liam Doyle (Liatroim)
7. Damien Rafferty (Seamrogai An Iuir)
8. Dan Gordon (Captain) (Loch An Oilean)
9. Jack Lynch (Droim Gath)
10. John Fegan (Cluain Daimh)
11. Ronan Murtagh (Baile Cholmain)
12. Danny Hughes (Sabhall)
13. John Clarke (An Ríocht)
14. Ronan Sexton (Droichead Mhaigh Eo)
15. Brendan Coulter (Droichead Mhaigh Eo)

MINOR
1. Colm Heaney (Seamrogai An Iuir), 2. Conor O Hare (Baile Ui Mhairtin), 3. Anton McArdle (Boireann), 4. Pauric O Rourke (Boireann), 5. Micheal Higgins (Baile Ui Mhairtin), 6. Gerard McNulty (Naomh Eoin), 7. Robbie White (Baile Cholmain), 8. Darren O Hagan (Cluain Daimh), 9. Conor Poland (Cloch Fhada), 10. Paul McPolin (Cluain Daimh), 11. Connaire Harrison (Glasdromainn), 12. Jarleth Brannigan (Dún Phadraig), 13. Ben O Reilly – Captain (Loch An Oilean), 14. Paul Devlin (Cill Chua), 15. Ryan Brady (Droichead Mhaigh Eo)