Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Johnnie99

Fri night Div 4:

St Johns 2.10 Aghaderg 1.10

Ballykinlar beat the Fin by 3 points

Anyone know how Bright/Dromara went?

Down/Cork match is not at the St Johns new second pitch, club had hoped to get this game to officially open it but opening now put off til next year apparently.

stpauls

Quote from: stiff breeze on May 23, 2008, 05:08:29 PM
when is the st pauls game and who do yous play?

no match for us this weekend, our bye weekend!

TORGAEL

ACFL DIV3

Saul 1-8
Drumgath 1-12

5 Sams

Tuesday 27th (7 30)
ACHL Div 1
Ballygalget v Liatroim
Ballela v Ballycran
Portaferry v Shamrocks
Bredagh v Kilclief
ACHL Div 2
Ballycran v Ballyvarley
Warrenpoint v Ballygalget
Castlewellan v Clonduff
Friday 30th (7 30)
ACFL Div 1
Mayobridge v Loughinisland
Liatroim v Clonduff
Saval v Kilcoo
Burren v Rostrevor
Longstone v Castlewellan
Ballyholland v An Riocht
ACFL Div 2
Attical v Shamrocks
Ballymartin v Darragh Cross
Clann na Banna v Warrenpoint
Dundrum v Tullylish
Downpatrick v Kilclief
Annaclone v Bryansford
ACFL Div 3
Drumaness v St Pauls
Drumgath v Teconnaught
Mitchels v Saul
St Micheals v St John Bosco
Bredagh v Carryduff
Glenn v Glassdrumman
ACFL Div 4
Bright v St Johns
Ballykinlar v Dromara
Aghaderg v Aughlisnafinn
Sunday June 1st (2 00)
ACPRL Div 1
Liatroim v Downpatrick
Bryansford v An Riocht
Burren v Kilcoo
Rostrevor v Clonduff
Castlewellan v Mayobridge
ACPRL Div 2
Ballymartin v Annaclone
Kilclief v Bredagh
Carryduff v Tullylish
Saval v Loughinisland
Longstone v Warrenpoint
The Aristocrat Years

Bitta-Banter

Are you sure the games are on Tuesday? and why?

Square Ball

Tuesday 27th (7 30)
ACHL Div 1
Ballygalget v Liatroim
Ballela v Ballycran
Portaferry v Shamrocks
Bredagh v Kilclief
ACHL Div 2
Ballycran v Ballyvarley
Warrenpoint v Ballygalget
Castlewellan v Clonduff
Friday 30th (7 30)
ACFL Div 1
Mayobridge v Loughinisland
Liatroim v Clonduff
Saval v Kilcoo
Burren v Rostrevor
Longstone v Castlewellan
Ballyholland v An Riocht
ACFL Div 2
Attical v Shamrocks
Ballymartin v Darragh Cross
Clann na Banna v Warrenpoint
Dundrum v Tullylish
Downpatrick v Kilclief
Annaclone v Bryansford
ACFL Div 3
Drumaness v St Pauls
Drumgath v Teconnaught
Mitchels v Saul
St Micheals v St John Bosco
Bredagh v Carryduff
Glenn v Glassdrumman
ACFL Div 4
Bright v St Johns
Ballykinlar v Dromara
Aghaderg v Aughlisnafinn
Sunday June 1st (2 00)
ACPRL Div 1
Liatroim v Downpatrick
Bryansford v An Riocht
Burren v Kilcoo
Rostrevor v Clonduff
Castlewellan v Mayobridge
ACPRL Div 2
Ballymartin v Annaclone
Kilclief v Bredagh
Carryduff v Tullylish
Saval v Loughinisland
Longstone v Warrenpoint
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

mournerambler

Just read in todays IN that Cork manager Conor Counihan insisted that the game on Saturday be played behind closed doors with no journalists or spectators present, i cant believe that senior county team managers are allowed to dictate as to who can be present at a senior inter-county fixture even if it is just a challenge match.
I think a lot of managers (including our own)have let there status as managers go to there heads & should be brought back down to earth by the relevant authorities before things get any further out of control, the case of Ronan Murtagh not being allowed to play a full game for his club because he didnt train with the county team that week was an absolute joke, county managers need to remember that these lads are CLUB players (coached & encouraged @ club level from an early age) who are privalaged to be chosen to play for there county.

Maximus Marillius

Quote from: mournerambler on May 26, 2008, 11:45:26 AM
Just read in todays IN that Cork manager Conor Counihan insisted that the game on Saturday be played behind closed doors with no journalists or spectators present, i cant believe that senior county team managers are allowed to dictate as to who can be present at a senior inter-county fixture even if it is just a challenge match.
I think a lot of managers (including our own)have let there status as managers go to there heads & should be brought back down to earth by the relevant authorities before things get any further out of control, the case of Ronan Murtagh not being allowed to play a full game for his club because he didnt train with the county team that week was an absolute joke, county managers need to remember that these lads are CLUB players (coached & encouraged @ club level from an early age) who are privalaged to be chosen to play for there county.

knowing nothing about it, if the lad was unable to train fully with the county squad that would tell me he was injured or returning from injury and any decent physico would tell you a player should never play a match returning from injury unless he come through a full training session

amallon

Down were beaten by a goal from what I hear. 
Disclaimer: I am responsible for MY comments only.  I don't own this site.

downredblack

Cork edge Mourne men in challenge
24 May 2008

A second-half goal from Cork's Niall Murphy proved the difference as Conor Counihan's Rebels made the long trip to Newry to take on Down in a challenge game which saw both sides prepare for their upcoming provincial championship outings.

Down 1-15
Cork 2-15

In the arrangements for this meeting, Counihan had requested that the doors be closed in Pairc Esler for the duration of the match otherwise the game would not be played.

From glimpses of the match outside the grounds, the two sides played out an intense encounter which saw the visitors lead by five points at the half-time, Fintan Gould's goal setting up a 1-8 to 0-6 lead for the Rebels by the interval.

Down's scores in the opening 35 minutes came courtesy of white flags from Liam Doyle (3 frees), Daniel Hughes, Ronan Murtagh and Ronan Sexton.

An early goal from ace forward Paul McComiskey put the Mourne County right back into proceedings, but Niall Murphy's strike ensured that Cork would make their long trip north worth the while as they finished up with three points to spare come the full-time whistle.

amallon

Its a pity the game had to be played behind closed doors, a good few people were turned away including some of the players families.  I think it was Cork who wanted the game 'closed doors'.
Disclaimer: I am responsible for MY comments only.  I don't own this site.

downredblack

Anyone hear the starting 15 ? according to AFR both teams insisted that it be played behind closed doors and Cork dominated for most of the match .

Uladh

Seems Cumiskey only came on against cork so that would indicate he won't start against tyrone either.

Mourne Rover

It would be sensible to keep McComiskey on the bench in Omagh and throw him on when the game opens up in the second half. His club form for Dundrum has apparently not been that hot, but quality and pace should always come good in the end. Can anyone say if Paul Murphy is likely to be fit ?

thewobbler

How ludicrously full of its own self importance has the county game become when managers are demanding behind-closed-doors games?

Really, who do they think they are kidding? Do they really believe that their team selections and tactics are going to scare/inspire/amuse/worry/entertain their Championship opponents? Do they really believe that playing in front of nobody is good preparation for Championship atmosphere? I do despair.