Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

downredblack

Did you hear a time for that 5sams ?

5 Sams

No I'll find out and post it later.
The Aristocrat Years

downredblack

Thks, wouldn't mind getting a look at them before Omagh .

stiff breeze

any1 hear anything about the minor match between glenn and glasdruman last night? apparently it was abandonded due to a brawl and a glenn player was taken to hospital with a suspected broken leg.

amallon

Would that challenge game be behind closed doors?  I'd like to go see it as well if possible.
Disclaimer: I am responsible for MY comments only.  I don't own this site.

Lecale2

Hurling league results:

Div 1
Kilclief 2-12 4-16 Portaferry
Shamrocks 1-09 3-07 Bredagh

Div 2
Ballygalget 1-15 0-11 Clonduff

Any other results?

Whitehair

ACHL Div1
Liatroim 2.19 Ballela 1.12

Our worst display to date! Should have been closer though, we missed an penalty and a bag full of 1 on 1's in the last 10 only to let in as soft a goal as you'l see in the last minute. It was 0.11 to 1.6 at half time. Think thats the second time Liatroim have had a Liatroim ref officiate one of their matches this season, interesting one!

Great win for Bredagh and a good showing from Kilclief, much healthier league this year IMO. Was that a full strength Bredagh team, heard Sean (Benitez) Mc Guinness was using a rotation policy in the last few matches, any truth in that Lecale?

Edit; Ballyvarley beat Portaferry by 5 in Div2

Lecale2

Quote from: Whitehair on May 20, 2008, 10:04:31 PM

Great win for Bredagh and a good showing from Kilclief, much healthier league this year IMO. Was that a full strength Bredagh team, heard Sean (Benitez) Mc Guinness was using a rotation policy in the last few matches, any truth in that Lecale?

With Ulster games on Saturday, Antrim games on Sunday & Wednesday, minor games on Monday and Down league on Tuesday we have to use to full panel. I'd say we played our full team tonight because its the only game we have this week.

I suspect Newry may have been without their county players. Kilclief played without Finty Conway but they still performed well.

BRIDGE LAD

Just a note about Benny not playing last sun, he is fit but being saved for the Cork match on sunday. So expect to see him start on sunday!
Just to echo big Tom OHare about Kevin Duffin, think he should be in the squad, he is a great player with all the attributes, strong as a bull!

Bacon

Quote from: Whitehair on May 20, 2008, 10:04:31 PM
ACHL Div1
Liatroim 2.19 Ballela 1.12

Our worst display to date! Should have been closer though, we missed an penalty and a bag full of 1 on 1's in the last 10 only to let in as soft a goal as you'l see in the last minute. It was 0.11 to 1.6 at half time. Think thats the second time Liatroim have had a Liatroim ref officiate one of their matches this season, interesting one!

Edit; Ballyvarley beat Portaferry by 5 in Div2

Liatroim have moved up a gear this year Whitehair and youse did well to stick with them. Mind you Ballela have improved as well after two very poor years. Surprised Bredagh won in Newry. They needed that win after losing the first 3. Warrenpoint are going v well in Div 2 and are unbeaten. How did they do last night?
Down Championships Prediction League Winner 2009

buglebhoy

Seen Duffin play throughout the U21 campaign and he looked a very lazy player. Maybe he's not but the few games i did see of him he rarely chased back when he went forward. He looked to be an excellent passer of the ball though.

spiritof91and94

Quote from: spiritof91and94 on April 07, 2008, 01:06:32 PM
Quote from: downredblack on April 07, 2008, 12:07:21 PM
What was Ross Carr's response to the game ? Did anyone hear an interview ?

Ross Carr was very despondent in his Radio Ulster interveiw and must know the noose is tightening around his neck as this is a failure and everyone in Down knows it.
Packie Downey cant make the U21 team and yet is started yesterday ??? Boys like Murtagh, Sexton & McArdle arent going to set the world alight either. Although when Benny didnt play in the McKenna Cup we scored at will, do players rely on him to much? or indeed does he have a influence in the dressing room over the younger members?
Midfield is a ongoing issue but does the fact that Kalum King has returned to Bryansford and has starred in many pre season games (scoring 3.3 from number 8 v St Johns Belfast) give another option?
Kevin Duffin, James Colgan, Ryan Kelly, Kevin McKernan and Cathal Magee  need to be getting in the mix very soon for Down and the clearout needs to be done before Omagh.

Said before on this site Duffin needs to be starting v tyrone.

Pangurban

Too late now for changes to the panel, we will stand or fall with what we have, which does not give much cause for optimism but i am sure the boys will do their best

thewobbler

ACFL Div 1 Thurs 22/5/08 7 30
Ballyholland v Kilcoo (C Broderick)
Castlewellan v Liatroim (E O Hare)
Longstone v Clonduff (P Brannigan)
Rostrevor v Mayobridge (D Brogan)
Burren v Loughinisland (C Reynolds)
An Riocht v Saval (B Rice)

ACFL Div 2 Thurs 22/5/08 7 30
Annaclone v Warrenpoint (D Moore)
Kilclief v Ballymartin (O Burke)
Downpatrick v Darragh Cross (L Morgan)
Tullylish v Attical (L Smyth)
Dundrum v Shamrocks DRAW (P D Doyle)
Bryansford v Clanna na Banna (M Lynch)

ACFL Div 3 Thurs 22/5/08 7 30
Tecconaught v Drumaness (S Lowey)
Saul v Drumgath (G Corrigan)
Bosco v Mitchels (A Grant)
Carryduff v St Micheals (E Mc Ellroy)
Glasdrumman v Bredagh (B Andrews)
Ardglass v Glenn (C Brannigan)

ACFL Div 4 Friday 23/5/08 7 30
St Johns v Aghaderg (C Mc Alinden)
Bright v Dromara (M Curran)
Aughlisnafinn 9.29 v 8.32 Ballykinlar (G Tumelty)

behind the wire

ACFL Div 1 Thurs 22/5/08 7 30
Ballyholland v Kilcoo (C Broderick)
Castlewellan v Liatroim (E O Hare)
Longstone v Clonduff (P Brannigan)
Rostrevor v Mayobridge (D Brogan)
Burren v Loughinisland (C Reynolds)
An Riocht v Saval (B Rice)

ACFL Div 2 Thurs 22/5/08 7 30
Annaclone v Warrenpoint (D Moore)
Kilclief v Ballymartin (O Burke)
Downpatrick v Darragh Cross (L Morgan)
Tullylish v Attical (L Smyth)
Dundrum v Shamrocks (P D Doyle)
Bryansford v Clanna na Banna (M Lynch)

ACFL Div 3 Thurs 22/5/08 7 30
Tecconaught v Drumaness (S Lowey)
Saul v Drumgath (G Corrigan)
Bosco v Mitchels (A Grant)
Carryduff v St Micheals (E Mc Ellroy)
Glasdrumman v Bredagh (B Andrews)
Ardglass v Glenn (C Brannigan)

ACFL Div 4 Friday 23/5/08 7 30
St Johns v Aghaderg (C Mc Alinden)
Bright v Dromara (M Curran)
Aughlisnafinn v  Ballykinlar (G Tumelty)

bryansford v clann na banna is now on friday evening in newcastle.
He who laughs last thinks the slowest