Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

behind the wire

lads, just happened to be talking to a fella about hurling in co down at present. i dont play myself so dont know a big deal about the current standard apart from watching the odd local game.

the fella i was talking to maintains that down hurling wont develop until more clubs start participating. he believes that it doesnt matter how bad the standard is, son long as clubs are actually participating the standard will gradually improve.

maybe some of the hurling posters could tell us if the co board are making any progress in promoting participation etc.
He who laughs last thinks the slowest

Maiden1

The problem is that teams see hurling as a distraction.  If you have a small panel playing both then the injuries you can pick up + burnout can have an affect on the the other team.  It's the same reason the ard's teams no longer have a football team.  Not saying it is right or wrong just that that is the reason some teams do not play hurling.
There are no proofs, only opinions.

amallon

Lads I think the championship draws are on tonight.  Live on 5fm around 7:30 AFAIK.
Disclaimer: I am responsible for MY comments only.  I don't own this site.

behind the wire

championship draws are on thursday night in canal court hotel. live on 5fm - 7.30pm
He who laughs last thinks the slowest

Rois

Ladies championship draws were made on Mon night if anyone's interested...

Square Ball

Quote from: Rois on March 12, 2008, 03:57:59 PM
Ladies championship draws were made on Mon night if anyone's interested...
]

Do you have them?
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

Rois

I do...somewhere.  Think they're in my car. 

Lecale2

Championship draws tonight. How quickly can we get them posted? I'll not be down in Newry myself and can't get 5FM.

stpauls

unfortunately i cannot get down myself tonight to get them posted like last year, training this evening.

T O Hare

seen the below post on hogandstand.. can anyone larify this?

Luke Toner, Eamon McConville, James Cunningham, Gavin Joyce, Ruairi Digney, kevin duffin have all been droped from the panel

"2008 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

Our Nail Loney

Was talking to one of the lads the ohter day and though he wasn't at training the other night he said that they were all dropped yeah. Noone even bothered to tell him about it!

goldenyears

thats bollix; i know that every player that was dropped got told personally by the mgt team

western exile

What is the url link to that post / information ?

Down Gael

Down attacker Paul McComiskey says he is committed to helping Down in this year's NFL and championship although he may travel to Brisbane next autumn.

McComiskey is being tailed by AFL clubs but he insists his education is the priority and, in the short term, he'll be around to help his native county.

"Ross (Carr) knows as well as I do that Down is my only focus," said McComiskey. "The Aussie Rules is a long, long way away, and I haven't really thought much about it.

"The only thing I have thought about is trying to get on the Down team and improve myself as a Gaelic player.

"My education is first and foremost above everything, even sport. I'd have to get that first. It's a major thing. You wouldn't want to throw it away."

Square Ball

Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid