Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Square Ball

I think that division 3 will be even tighter than last year with the two clubs who came down plus Bredagh, Saul and Drumgath figting it out for the top four spots
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

stpauls

Quote from: general on March 08, 2008, 01:03:17 PM
Bredagh V St Pauls - bredagh by cricket score

General, you obviously don't know much about football in North Down, any of our games over the last few years have been tight affairs, with only a few points between the teams being the out come of the games!! i think tomorrow's match will be a lot closer than you seem to!!

Naomh Pol CLG

Quote from: general on March 08, 2008, 01:03:17 PM

Bredagh V St Pauls - bredagh by cricket score

I find your lack of faith disturbing!

An Fear Rua

You may have already seen this , but its worth the watch again
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7GV63nFHzDg
Its Grim up North

TORGAEL

ACFL DIV3 RESULT

MITCHELS  1-9
DRUMGATH  1-17

superblues

good to see mickey get off to a winning start

mixer boy

ACFL DIV3 RESULT

GLENN 1-11
TECONNAUGHT 1-10

Square Ball

Bredagh beat St Pauls by 5 points, nerer going to be a cricket score. was a fiesty game but a wn is a win

Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

In the Onion Bag

CORRECTION Sq Ball.
Actual score Bredagh 1:12 St Pauls 1:5.

Bredagh had a 9pt half time adv with a strong wind.  The expected St Pauls wind assisted comeback was good and they got the margin down to 4, then the breeze eased. 
Inmature indiscipline by the Pauls No13 (sent off) didn't help Pauls cause, I still think Bredagh had enough in the tank to counter whatever Pauls produced.  Bredagh should of had a goal in the last 5 mins, the Pauls keeper knew nothing about the 1st shot but made a super save on the 2nd.

Good entertaining 1st game of the season but a lot of rust evident in both sides.

Bareass

Saul beaten by about 10.
Had chances to build a lead in the 1st half when they had the wind but missed a couple of good goal opportunities. Ardglass steam rolled them in the 2nd half. No matter what is wriiten on this board so far about league predictions Saul are going to struggle big time.

Niall Quinn

Ardglass 2-10 Saul 1-4
St Michaels 1-7 Drumaness 3-7
Back to the howling old owl in the woods, hunting the horny back toad

Dubh driocht

Think that's a bit harsh An Duin Abu.There are plenty of committed Gaels in St Pauls and I want to see them prosper.There are,however, a number of tossers on their senior team who are all mouth and trousers but no ability. The worst culprit was the corner back wearing 21. However, I have it on good authority he's an Armagh man.

Maiden1

Quote from: An Duin Abu on March 09, 2008, 07:22:08 PM
St Paul's are on their way out. Watched them today and they were guilty of some unsavoury incidents to say the least. Football always wins in the end, unfortunately for St Paul's it's something they're not capable of playing. Their intimidation of a young corner forward just out of minor does nothing for our game. Alas they were never capable of bringing players through the underage system so I suppose they wouldn't know an awful lot about developing players and how young fellas confidence etc can be affected. Jack it in now lads , give your pitch to your friends in the local cricket or rugby club and bow out gracefully, Cumann Lutchleas Gael don't need your sort of behaviour in our association!

Stop whinging, it was a tough game but Bredagh gave as good as they got.  Jody Gormley is hardly a saint.  Bredagh started the row that got the At Paul's player sent off.  St Paul's where coming back and where trying to take a quick free but the Bredagh player wouldn't give the ball back.  Then players from both sides got involved.  How he managed to single out a St Paul's player I don't know.  St Paul's where nieve as every time they won a free a Bredagh player started a row and the St Paul's players reacted.  The ref should have been moving the ball forward 10 yards instead of hoping the ball but St Paul's need to look at there discipline.  Should have been 15 minutes of injury time in the second half for all the time wasting going on with trainers coming on with the magic sponge every 2 minutes for another major 'injury'.
There are no proofs, only opinions.

In the Onion Bag

overcarrying

Maiden1 I have no idea what game you were watching, it certainly wasn't the same one as me,  a few of the St Paul's team should have walked, thon doirty wee git that was sent off should have went for a blatant punch on the back of the head on a Bredagh defender, then another one  punched the same defender three times on the back of the head and got a yellow!!!!, Football won the day. Bredagh seemed to have a few younger players on and a larger squad than last year. Not sure about intimidation of the corner forward, its senior football and its tough, a good player who scored  a few well taken frees

I stayed to see the friendly after that senior game, this was entertaining and Bredagh thirds beat St Pauls seconds, again  there were a few younger Bredagh players on display, all seems well on the Ormeau road,