Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Uladh

The down players will be the most relieved at this news from what i hear!

amallon

The refs, Linesmen, and opposition mangement will feel a whole lot safer anyway.  Its the people in the stands that should be worried now.  One of them shark diving cages suspended from the roof of the new stand would be the job.
Disclaimer: I am responsible for MY comments only.  I don't own this site.

off the laces

Bacon,
Drumgath where told they will have to play in the intermediate c/ship with Glenn being regraded down. Gath where hoping to be in the junior to get a handy run and a bit of silverware to celebrate this i know as i was told by a current county and gath panellist.
Keeps 'er' straight

No1

QuoteOne of them shark diving cages suspended from the roof of the new stand would be the job.
;D  ;D

He was always a slabber.

Div 3 throws in this weekend, any predictions?

Glassdrumman V St John Bosco - Glassdrumman

Ardglass V Saul - Ardglass, though with any luck a hurricane will blow in from the shore and wipe both clubs off the face of the earth. 

Glenn V Tecconaught - Glenn

Bredagh V St Pauls - Draw with the ref being the only Down man on the pitch

Mitchels V Drumgath - Drumgath

St Micheals V Drumaness - Drumaness with at least 3 sent off

T O Hare

Quote from: loughshore lad on March 06, 2008, 09:38:40 AM
Quote from: wobbller on March 06, 2008, 08:50:53 AM
  their men players
  There is some of the women players I don't know ;D ;D ;D ;D

;D ;D

Quote from: wobbller on March 06, 2008, 08:52:46 AM
Joking aside they are based in Hilltown with their pitch on the Castlewellan Road opp the Chapel as you go out of the town!

Cheers, just trying to decide if I should go and watch it, its a fair drive for an ulster league game. What are they like?

Advice, stay in Arboe :D
"2008 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

greygoose

Quote from: off the laces on March 06, 2008, 01:35:59 PM
Bacon,
Drumgath where told they will have to play in the intermediate c/ship with Glenn being regraded down. Gath where hoping to be in the junior to get a handy run and a bit of silverware to celebrate this i know as i was told by a current county and gath panellist.

Complete Bullshit

Square Ball

Glassdrumman V St John Bosco

Ardglass V Saul

Glenn V Tecconaught -

Bredagh
V St Pauls -

Mitchels V Drumgath

St Micheals V Drumaness

Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

Pangurban

Have no sympathy for DJ, suspension well deserved, its time he grew up and started behaving like a responsible adult. Used to be a school teacher, so should know the need to set proper example.

johnneycool

Quote from: Lecale2 on March 03, 2008, 08:34:02 PM
Quote from: johnneycool on March 03, 2008, 01:57:21 PM
Jingo was disgusted by his charges tendency to fight, just a tad ironic to some of us who know the mans own playing history with the Paddies in the bear pit.

:D :D

Magic will start. No question about it. I think you're messing there Jonnycool!

I'll have to bow to your greater knowledge there Lecale, big Magic is starting on the edge of the square on sunday;

Team is:
Graham
Liam
Finty
Paddy Hughes
Simon Wilson
Courtney
Gab's 'burn out' Clarke
Andy Savage
Ciaran Coulter
Ruairi McGrattan
Doole
McGourty
Stevie Clarke
Magic
Conor Woods

McGarry is carrying an arm injury after getting a slap against Armagh so that's why I'd assume Ruairi got a start in the half forwards, a bit too far up the field IMO.

Lecale2

The Meath match is a must win for Down and it will be a tough one. For the big games you need your best team on the pitch. McGarry's injury made it that bit easier for Jingo. I think Ballygalget made a mistake leaving him out 2 yrs ago v Ports and paid the price. Had he started you would have won IMO.

How has McGarry been doing JC? I wasn't terribly impressed in the senior semi final.

off the laces

Re: Down Club Hurling & Football
« Reply #3864 on: March 06, 2008, 05:38:17 PM »   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote from: off the laces on March 06, 2008, 01:35:59 PM
Bacon,

Complete Bullshit

Report to moderator    Logged 

messy gael

Re: Down Club Hurling & Football
« Reply #3865 on: March 06, 2008, 07:20:44 PM »   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote from: Bacon on March 06, 2008, 08:06:04 AM
Drumgath have applied to be regraded from Junior to Intermediate while Ballyvarley have applied to be regraded in the other direction. Decisions will be taken next week.

Drumgath have a case and it's good to see a club taking the initiative. It's nonsense to have a club drop from Senior to Junior in a year. They would have walked the JFC

Well if you call talking face to face with a red headed forward about the possibility off relegation to div 4 before all the crap with the appeals and them wanting into the junior championship to Quote "get silverware about the club and get a run in ULSTER to bring the players and the feel good factor back as this year was a bad year for the club  ". then i have taken it in the wrong context to that point i am truely sorry ;) ::)  ;)
Keeps 'er' straight

TORGAEL

Off the laces, If you believe everything that Packie tells you you will have plenty to write about. Its patently obvious that he was winding you up. If you know the lad well at all, you should have caught on to that !

Bacon

Quote from: off the laces on March 07, 2008, 11:49:17 AM
Well if you call talking face to face with a red headed forward about the possibility off relegation to div 4 before all the crap with the appeals and them wanting into the junior championship to Quote "get silverware about the club and get a run in ULSTER to bring the players and the feel good factor back as this year was a bad year for the club  ". then i have taken it in the wrong context to that point i am truely sorry ;) ::)  ;)

The view of one player may not reflect the view of the club committee. My original post on Drumgrath is based on the facts.

Quote from: Lecale2 on March 07, 2008, 09:14:19 AM
The Meath match is a must win for Down and it will be a tough one. For the big games you need your best team on the pitch. McGarry's injury made it that bit easier for Jingo. I think Ballygalget made a mistake leaving him out 2 yrs ago v Ports and paid the price. Had he started you would have won IMO.

How has McGarry been doing JC? I wasn't terribly impressed in the senior semi final.

As for Magic, I agree with lecale, he needs to start if he's fit. A big win if they can get it. If not Div 3 beckons. That would set us back a good bit.
Down Championships Prediction League Winner 2009

boscomo

hi boys its been a long time since my last post , i am the clubs new secretary and i have been tryimg to annoy as many people as possable in a very short time, doesnt seem to be working tough.
3rd div starts this sunday , we have a very hard start away to glasdrummon.
Have to agree in principal with other predictions.
hope to see you all at the championship draw next thursday night.
if in doubt eat it

general

Glassdrumman V St John Bosco - glasdrumman by 6

Ardglass V Saul - ardglass by 2

Glenn V Tecconaught - glen by 4

Bredagh V St Pauls - bredagh by cricket score

Mitchels V Drumgath - drumgath by at least 12

St Micheals V Drumaness - drumaness..just

any other predictions or thoughts? 8)