Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lecale2

Betsy Gray

Shamrocks beat Clonduff by 10 pts.

Bredagh were very poor against Liatroim & lost by 3.

Whitehair

Sad and surprising to see Bredagh lose after their players pulled out of the South Down squad, ah well always next year! :P

I think the draw pans out as follows:

Cup
Shamrocks v Ballela
Liatroim v Ballyvarley

Shield
(A) Kilclief v Bredagh
Castlewellan v Winners (A)
Clonduff v Warrenpoint

downredblack

How did the 21's get on in the Shamrock cup ?

amallon

They drew with Monaghan.  Replay Tuesday night I think.
Disclaimer: I am responsible for MY comments only.  I don't own this site.

bredaghgael86

I wouldnt say the bredagh players all pulled out of the south down team. One has moved club, one is injured, a couple are away studying and and others are studying at home and couldnt commit to training, especially after a long year last year. not to try n make excuses of course, :D

Bacon

Whitehair - I hear Joe Cosgrove got sent off in your match. How come he was playing? He was meant to be excluded so I would expect an objection.
Down Championships Prediction League Winner 2009

umpire

Nominated for PowerAde

Conor Farrell Newry Shamrocks
Darragh McMeel, Warrenpoint
Benny McArdle, Annaclone
Kevin Quinn, Attical
Colin McCrickard, Liatriom
Paddy Cole, An Riocht
Liam Doyle, Liatriom

All above clubs were knocked out in first round of Powerade Championship.

Dan Gordon Loughinisland
Ryan Srranney Loughinislland
Sean Farrell Rostrevor
Aidan Brannigan Kilcoo
Gerard McAvoy Kilcoo
Gary McAvoy Kilcoo
Kevin Duffin Castlewellan
Fintan McGreevey Castlewellan
Aidan Burns Castlewellan
Rostrevor, Loughinisland, Kilcoo and Castlewellan were knocked out in second round.

I am surprised that players like Adrain Poland, Cormac Poland, John Magee of Longstone was not considered, they all played well in 5 games.
Also Eoghan Woods of Mayobridge.

In my opinion, My best 15 players of Powerade Senior championship 2007
These are based on  championship performances, not the league, does not mean that they are good enough for Down Senior Team.

1 Adrain Poland, Longstone;
2, Gavin Barry, Mayobridge;
3 Brendan Grant, Mayobridge;
4 Cormac Poland, Longstone;
5 Mark Doran, Longstone;
6 Seamus Grant, Mayobridge;
7 Luke Howard, Bryansford;
8 John Magee, Longstone;
9 Eoghan Woods. Mayobridge;
10 Kevin McKernan, Burren;
11 Micheal Walsh, Mayobridge;
12 Barry Doran, Longstone;
13 Adrian Barry, Mayobridge;
14 Ciaran Brannigan Bryansford;
15 Benny Coulter, Mayobridge.

I have left out Ambrose as he had very poor  games in Down final and

Pull Hard Hes No Relation

Bacon, you are dead right about Joe Cosgrove as I was rung about it on Sunday night by a couple of lads in our own club who were asking why they couldn't play on Sunday if Joe could.

I heard that Joe pulled out of the junior panel but that doesn't change the fact that the competition was meant to be for all clubs to play for the duration of the tournament without their county players. Expect this to be raised at the hurling board meeting in a couple of weeks time if not before depends on Castlewellan's attitude.

downredblack

I know a few on here have said John Clarke's best position was in the forwards going back a couple of years now and this has been borne out with his preformances up front  to date .  I was flicking through some old programs the other night and he has been named to start in 8 of the 14 outfield positions and this is only games that I've been to . I'm sure he has played in more positions for Down . This shows the class of the guy that he can play inter-county nearly anywhere on the pitch . I'm glad he reconsidered his plans to opt out this year as we are surely seeing the best of him so far anyway .

off the laces

I was flicking through some old programs the other night and he has been named to start in 8 of the 14 outfield positions and this is only games that I've been to . I'm sure he has played in more positions for Down . This shows the class of the guy that he can play inter-county nearly anywhere on the pitch .
Surely this should apply to all inter county players that is why they make the team,their ability to play in whatever position the manager see's fit!!!!
[/quote]
Keeps 'er' straight

Lecale2

Weekend hurling fixtures from Down web site

Saturday 1st March at 12.30pm

Ulster Minor League
Down B vs Armagh in Carryduff

Saturday 1st March at 2.30pm
U-16 League
Carryduff Vs Balella
Ballyvarley Vs Kilclief

Sunday 2nd March at 2pm
Senior Hurling Betsay Gray Cup

Newry Shamrocks Vs Balella (Match posponed until further notice)  :o
Leitrim Vs Ballyvarley

Sunday 2nd March at 2pm
Senior Hurling Betsay Gray Sheild

Bredagh Vs Kilclief

Has there been an objection to the Ballela/Castlewellan result? Good to see Carryduff hosting an inter county minor match.

passedit

Any word on how the u21's got on last night?
Don't Panic

mournerambler

U21 game is being played tuesday 4th march in pairc esler i think.

johnneycool

Any truth in the rumour that the Linfield goalkeeping coach has been giving the senior football keepers a few sessions down in Newcastle the odd Sunday?

Colonel Cool

Quote from: johnneycool on February 27, 2008, 10:16:49 AM
Any truth in the rumour that the Linfield goalkeeping coach has been giving the senior football keepers a few sessions down in Newcastle the odd Sunday?

I thought Linfield were opposed to playing sport on a Sunday?  :)
I'm not Homer Simpson. That ship has sailed. I'm "Colonel Cool"!