Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

islandboy

i understand division 3 starts on 9th of march(due to the fact there are more teams) and all the rest start on sunday 23rd march. it was in matts chat in down recorder. i understand the fixtures are out but dont know who we play .

lisdoon1

Anyone want to make a stabb at tomorrows starting line up?

holylandsbomber

Why dont u make a stab lisdoon ?????

1. B Connell

2. C McGovern
3. G McArdle
4. M Cole

5. R Murtagh
6. L Doyle
7. K McGuigan

8. D Gordan
9. J Lynch

10. J Fegan
11. K McKernan
12. D Hughes

13. J Clarke
14. C Magee
15. R Sexton

lisdoon1

No Doubt I'd get it wrong!!

Good line out, further to discussion regarding playing Dan Gordon in FF Id love to see it but we need someone who can catch crows in midfield!!!!!

Id stick with what you have holyland..... any relation to holyland sniper???? ;D

mournerambler

According to Sean Rooney, division 3 starts on 9th March & division's 1 & 2 on the 18th April.

saffron sam2

You would think that if one was travelling from Ballyholland to Burren for county training, one would arrive on time. Apparently not. He won't be doing that again.
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

Mourne Rover

Martin Cole has been our best defender of the last five seasons, although that is not saying much. When Alan Molloy retired, Cole almost became our only defender. Luckily, a few more are starting to emerge.  While he can play almost anywhere at the back, he is probably most at home in the corner. He has been as reliable as ever during the McKenna Cup.

I'm sure someone can give us Benny's date of birth. His last year as a minor was 2000, so he must have been born in 1982. He should therefore be 26 coming 27, unless someone knows better.

Minus15

yeah a minor in 2000 so that would mean he is 25 now coming 26 between now and end of june unless he was born in earlier part of january which would make him 26.

lisdoon1

Born 7-6-82. He will be 26 next birthday

5 Sams

Quote from: saffron sam2 on January 25, 2008, 10:14:13 PM
You would think that if one was travelling from Ballyholland to Burren for county training, one would arrive on time. Apparently not. He won't be doing that again.

Tell us more Sam ???
The Aristocrat Years

whyarerefssobad

any one going for a pint before the game were would you reccommend round casement
always look on the bright side

whyarerefssobad

always look on the bright side

Minus15

first match i managed 2 see this season and ive got to say i was very impressed. Every player appeared entirely comfortable with, and aware of, their role in the team. danny hughes was immense in my opinion and was a great asset in taking the game to derry. Gary McArdle at full back looks a big plus and doyler seems natural at centre-half. forwards harried and hassled and seemed to work so hard. the work rate of sexton and fegan in particular i thought was phonomenal.

Just looking at some of the posts on the general discussion mckenna cup thread, down are receiving credit from outside observers and that only goes to show that we do indeed have reason to me optimistic. ok down may not win ulster or an all ireland but theres no reason why the team cant shake off their inferirority complex and have a good go. need to start with div 3 and promotion a realistic target. its a delight to come on thiis board and see players being praised rather than knocked which has been the case for too long. these boys have shown they have pride in the jersey so lets applaud ross and dj for what's been done so far. With 4 of 7 league games at home lets all make an extra effort to go and make newry a place where the team looks forward to playing in. im not sure but i think a few games are down for sat nights which makes for a good atmosphere. heres to further improvement and a few more wins to give the whole county the lift it needs.

On another note, dundrumite on the other thread mentioned the need for a mark to be introduced, I completely agree. The skill of dan gordon in the air as he showed tonight deserved to be rewarded rather than punished.

Caitlin

Quote from: Minus15 on January 26, 2008, 01:53:16 PM
yeah a minor in 2000 so that would mean he is 25 now coming 26 between now and end of june unless he was born in earlier part of january which would make him 26.

Classic stuff

Maximus Marillius

Quote from: Minus15 on January 27, 2008, 12:43:32 AM
first match i managed 2 see this season and ive got to say i was very impressed. Every player appeared entirely comfortable with, and aware of, their role in the team. danny hughes was immense in my opinion and was a great asset in taking the game to derry. Gary McArdle at full back looks a big plus and doyler seems natural at centre-half. forwards harried and hassled and seemed to work so hard. the work rate of sexton and fegan in particular i thought was phonomenal.

Just looking at some of the posts on the general discussion mckenna cup thread, down are receiving credit from outside observers and that only goes to show that we do indeed have reason to me optimistic. ok down may not win ulster or an all ireland but theres no reason why the team cant shake off their inferirority complex and have a good go. need to start with div 3 and promotion a realistic target. its a delight to come on thiis board and see players being praised rather than knocked which has been the case for too long. these boys have shown they have pride in the jersey so lets applaud ross and dj for what's been done so far. With 4 of 7 league games at home lets all make an extra effort to go and make newry a place where the team looks forward to playing in. im not sure but i think a few games are down for sat nights which makes for a good atmosphere. heres to further improvement and a few more wins to give the whole county the lift it needs.

On another note, dundrumite on the other thread mentioned the need for a mark to be introduced, I completely agree. The skill of dan gordon in the air as he showed tonight deserved to be rewarded rather than punished.

As\far as I can see Gordon is of the few midfielders who cannot move when he hits the ground, he lands static explaining why he getting surroundd so often by the opposongb team. There are not many other midfielders get tied up after making a great catch, so i don't think we need to change the rules to help one player who lands statically instead of landing on the move,i.e. Fergal Doherty, I have never seen him being bottled up after a catch in my life time watching him