Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mourne Rover

It is now 1-12 to 0-14 for Cavan in the closing stages. Down just had a 1 on 1 shot, with a great goal chance, and hit the post.

Lecale2

Keep the updates coming Rover. I can't get Five FM.

Mourne Rover

Spoke too soon. They got the ball straight back and the man himself John Clarke hammered to the net ;D. Down 1-14 Cavan 1-12 into the last 5 mins. Clarke has 1-3

Mourne Rover

Down are 3 points clear now, Cahal Magee point. 3 minutes to go, and up to 3 mins injury time. Down 1-15 Cavan 1-12.

Mourne Rover

2 minutes to go. Cavan just scored a goal thanks to a botched clearance. Draw Down 1-15 Cavan 2-12.
Exciting stuff.

passedit

Don't Panic

Mourne Rover

That's it! We won! FT score Down 1-16 Cavan 2-12.
Final on Saturday. Sounds like a great game. :D

Naomh Pol CLG

Excellent stuff.  Will be interested to hear from those there about the performance, but a place in the final will do alot for the self confidence of a team that has been devoid of that since our Ulster Final defeat against Tyrone..

With a fairly easy (ON PAPER) Div 3 national league campaign ahead, confidence should be high going into the champoinship...

Caitlin

Minus15

Just in and read the updates on here from start to finish. got real excited and not anywhere near the game. when and where is the final anyone know?

ExiledGael

Will depend on tomorrow night but it's down for Saturday evening so I'd say Casement or Omagh

thewobbler

I really hope they don't make us trek all the f**king way over to Omagh.

western exile

If the rail holds up, Pairc Esler might be the only playable field in Ulster !!

Thanks the Gods for 5fm on the internet for those of us who cannot make it the oul county midweek!

I sounded exciting stuff. Looking forward to the posts here !!

In the Onion Bag

Just in, didn't know the result, found the update really exciting (excellent work Rover & Passedit).
Woopee! Now we have a final to go to and can do so with some restored confidence. 
I never place too much stock on the McKenna Cup but given the depths Down are coming from this is a welcome boost

Moving Clarke up front has been a godsend.

western exile

Still conceeding too many (2-45 in our last 3 "wins'' !), and no doubt there will be much discussion on that on this board in the coming weeks,  but for now lets us enjoy the good feeling this week and prepare for a football FINAL!!