Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

miss mess

whyarerefssobad

would like too see clarke in full forward and doyle centre half back
always look on the bright side

islandboy

amazed by the nonsense written about ronan murtagh. is this the same person who was good going forward last year but terrible at defending. against meath he was roasted. sometimes i do wonder do certain people on this site know anything about gaelic football. he is a  good forward. play him up front.

Orior

Tell Kevin Anderson not to listen to his Dad. He should be playing for Armagh!
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

spiritof91and94

whyarerefssobad

was not expecting that great team performance MC ardle Doyle lynch and number 13 think its the lad from tullylish were excellent

corn02

Took a run down to this match due to boredom. Down were excellent. Although there full back line was dodgy as usual the forwards showed very,very well.

Kevin McMenamain scored three super points in the first half and everytime the ball went in he was dangerous, McFadden comes on and they decide to play the high ball into the FF line. McMenamin obviously does not get another sniff, crazy in my eyes.

Down took the goals well and although Magee was poor he got 2-0 goals so can't complain. Doyle was excellent on his return and not surprisingly he did not finish the game. The number 12 was very good ealso, and sent his man the same dummy about 5 times.

Whoever hit the frees in the first half should be shot. Terrible altogether.

The midfield battle was intersting. Donegal caught nearly every ball that went down the middle but I think Gordan and Lynch contributed 1-3 between them. Gordon was easily Down's best player.

Very good crowd, enjoyable match for January, great ground.

whyarerefssobad

think you area wee bit mixed up there corn magee did not get any goals it was the corner forward the lad from tullylish also think you are mixing lynch and gordon up lynch was outstanding scored 1 2

western exile

It is a long time since I have enjoyed a Down win so much.

I know we need to keep it in perspective. January football, McKenna Cup, weakened Donegal, etc. etc. etc.     But hell, it was good to see Down notch up 5-14 with relative ease. And with a man less for most of the second half.

It would be nice to see it backed up on Saturday evening against the students.

Only negative note, is that we again conceded 13 points.  That has been a pattern for too long.

whyarerefssobad

at least no goals which is a start

corn02

Apologies was down by the other nets for the first half so though it was Magee. Again that was my excuse for the other goal in that half I was certain it was Lynch who ran through? Either way Gordon was very good.

the milkman

Great win 2nite, even its McKenna Cup, very good team performance, though Murney was solid and McArdle is looking better with every game!

dundrumite

Quote from: corn02 on January 16, 2008, 10:28:01 PM
Apologies was down by the other nets for the first half so though it was Magee. Again that was my excuse for the other goal in that half I was certain it was Lynch who ran through? Either way Gordon was very good.

It was Lynch that ran through.I know its early doors but Gary Mc Ardle could be the answer on the edge of the square. Although Bernie Connell did make great save, never feel fully confident with him. Wonder if Ross will consider calling up Mickey Mc Allister after the sigerson, best keeper in the county in my eyes.

BRIDGE LAD

Yea brill win for Down, Donegal prob just expected to turn up! Thought McKernan was harshly sent off. Forwards looked good when they got going, McArdle could be the answer for fullback, but have to remember its a weak Donegal team but he put in a solid performance, big man!  :-\ :-\

the milkman

Quote from: dundrumite on January 16, 2008, 10:36:09 PM
Quote from: corn02 on January 16, 2008, 10:28:01 PM

It was Lynch that ran through.I know its early doors but Gary Mc Ardle could be the answer on the edge of the square. Although Bernie Connell did make great save, never feel fully confident with him. Wonder if Ross will consider calling up Mickey Mc Allister after the sigerson, best keeper in the county in my eyes.

Was just thinking that, great keeper!