Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

T O Hare

lads micheal walsh is our best center half forward by a mile.. remember his county final displays in october!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"2008 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

spiritof91and94

Quote from: T O Hare on January 15, 2008, 01:08:27 PM
lads micheal walsh is our best center half forward by a mile.. remember his county final displays in october!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mickey needs a run in the side but until he finishes his studies he cannot be considered due to missing league and training - hence the freshness in October! - how long does a lad need now before they face the system?

the milkman

Quote from: 5 Sams on January 15, 2008, 10:01:48 AM
Quote from: the milkman on January 14, 2008, 06:46:31 PM
Might change after a few Nat league games but something like this I would like to see line out!
1. D.Alder

2. M.Cole
3. G.McArdle
4. L.Howard

5. P.Murphy
6. L.Doyle
7. D.Rafferty

8. D.Gordon
9. J.Colgan

10. R.Sexton
11. A.Carr
12. A.Rodgers

13. B.Coulter
14.J.Clarke
15. P.McComiskey

Options on the bench with Hughes, Walsh, J Boyle D.McCartan and P.Downey

You dont rate Murtagh then Milkman??

Sorry my mistake, would prob have Murtagh in the half forward line in place off sexton!

the milkman

Quote from: T O Hare on January 15, 2008, 01:08:27 PM

But what about his game's against Dromore?

whyarerefssobad

was at that game in omagh Walsh was mayobridges best player never made the game in newry so cant say i would have him on before Carr
always look on the bright side

lfdown2

i would have a fit walsh in chf any day of the week before carr, carr's a right footballer just wouldn't be sure where to put him!
you want a strong backbone to the team at least and i dont see carr instilling that fear in opponents!

whyarerefssobad

as someone said earlier he would be good in the corner and he is good at the frees

Whitehair

One of the Down management team told me a few years ago "Aidan Carr's a half back and nothin else!" His dad mustn't be of the same opinion.

whyarerefssobad

Mourne Rover

Any posters in the Newry area care to hazard a guess about the state of the Marshes for tomorrow ? It was reportedly unplayable at the weekend and the rain has been fairly steady since then. There's bound to be some pressure to get the game played anyway, as the McKenna semis are on hold until we complete our fixtures.

Whitehair

Quotethe present management team

Yes

miss mess

gerry quinn from saval is rostrevors new manager

goldenyears

great move for gerry and he will be delighted i am sure to pit his wits against saval next year. i think he felt hard done by that they moved him on last year. also interesting that he was in the running for the ballyholland job last year but harps opted for another man

heard that cathal o'rourke turned down the rostrevor job previously; some come down for the reds after all the talk of joe kernan being approached!! classic stuff

whyarerefssobad

gerry could do well there seems to be plenty off talent to work with

miss mess

joe kernan was looking £1,000.00 a week!