Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lumpitin

Great win yesterday and what a buzz about newry, the tube who ordered that plane wouldnt need to return to any down gaa activity i suspect there on this forum. On to armagh I think if we manage to keep it under a ten point defeat it will be a sign of how far we have come under laverty and a huge morale boost to this team.

Mourne Red

But of an overreaction there.. Legal action? What legal action can be taken for saying someone should be sacked? Be managers all over the country getting pay days then ffs.

Stupid thing to do and individual should talk to his clubs County rep if he feels that strong.

5times5times

Ah wise up with the legal action. Bunch of wet wipes.

What's illegal about it? Nada. Move on

thewobbler

Not sure of the legal angle.

But I'm struggling to remember a masterplan backfire as badly. Only Fools and Horses type stuff.

bannside

Can't see anyone wishing to give that ludicrous stunt more oxygen by going legal. Never seen anything backfire so spectacularly lol lol..

skat man

i reckon it was sean og himself who organised it . stroke of genius

Johnnysboys

Minors and underage structure needs a complete revamp. Stop with this giving "jobs to the boys" we have had in the last ten plus years. Let's actively seek out who can work with young lads to get the best from them. The academy needs to be an environment where the best players in each club are put forward to work in an elite setting. It's not simply send everyone to trials or send lads who are not up to it. We have had lads on our county minor match day 26 that couldn't get on their club minor team - that is simply not on. We need a full review of this programme - and soon.
Seniors were fantastic - more of that on Sunday please.

Truth hurts

Quote from: Johnnysboys on April 24, 2023, 10:40:32 PM
Minors and underage structure needs a complete revamp. Stop with this giving "jobs to the boys" we have had in the last ten plus years. Let's actively seek out who can work with young lads to get the best from them. The academy needs to be an environment where the best players in each club are put forward to work in an elite setting. It's not simply send everyone to trials or send lads who are not up to it. We have had lads on our county minor match day 26 that couldn't get on their club minor team - that is simply not on. We need a full review of this programme - and soon.

Who was on the 26 that cannot get on a club team, I find that hard to believe.
What is your views on school coaching? Are coaches giving their time up as much to bring schools to the next level?

Mourne Red

Quote from: Truth hurts on April 25, 2023, 09:00:29 AM
Quote from: Johnnysboys on April 24, 2023, 10:40:32 PM
Who was on the 26 that cannot get on a club team, I find that hard to believe.
What is your views on school coaching? Are coaches giving their time up as much to bring schools to the next level?

The Bi-monthly schools coaching debate again

johnnycool

Quote from: trailer on April 25, 2023, 09:32:53 AM
Quote from: Sandstorm on April 24, 2023, 10:54:40 PM
https://www.irishnews.com/sport/gaafootball/2023/04/24/news/cahair_o_kane_newry_plane_stunt_the_lowest_of_the_low-3231683/

This person certainly upped the ante from writing on an internet forum anonymously.

What sort of Moron spends good cash on this type of stuff?

Should be easy to find out who, follow the money.

downman94

Did truth hurts fly the plane ;D

urbangael

Sunday went how CL would have planned (apart from the early goal), bit of shadow punching then the game opened up and our strong runners were key to success.  Armagh poses a totally different threat.  McParland was at fault for the Donegal goal but in a strange way Armagh might be more suited to him due to the physicality they bring.  Every player needs to be on it 100%.   McEvoy was ok at midfield but I'd expect him to pick up O'Neill next day out. Is Murdock definitely unavailable irrespective of the u20 result?  CL will need a plan for Armagh keeper as he basically gives a +1 out the field and is very comfortable on the ball. Down have a free hit and all the pressure is on the Orangemen so bring it on and see how it goes.  Expect another cagey first half with the game to explode into life in the 3rd quarter.  If we are still in the game with 10 to go I'd take it. Strong ref required.

The Chucky ned stunt has been called out for what it is... a total f**king embarrassment!!   Sean Og has never seen as much support with most clubs social media pages coming out in support of him!! Nothing will unite the county more than a win over the old enemy!  Roll on Sunday.

downtothecore

Martin mc hugh not to impressed with Downs quality writing in todays irish news.