Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Out in Front

Folks, I know this is a bit of blatant advertising but I'm organising this GAA Q & A Night to raise monies for the Southern Area Hospice Services which cover much of Down, Armagh and a fair bit of Tyrone too. 
It's on the first Wednesday after the start of the NFL and since I've managed to get it sponsored, I'm pushing it as much as I can.
I'll add more details as others guests are confirmed but if you want more details, feel free to PM me.

Thanks
PW

Gaelic Life GAA Q & A NIGHT
In association with the Newry Reporter
In aid of the 
SOUTHERN AREA HOSPICE SERVICES

In the CANAL COURT HOTEL, NEWRY
On WEDNESDAY FEBRUARY 6, 2008
@ 7.45pm - TICKETS £10

MC for the evening, the BBC's MARK SIDEBOTTOM

Guests include
JARLATH BURNS & JOE KERNAN
Plus OTHERS TBC

Tickets (made payable to Southern Area Hospice Services)
can be purchased from the following:
Darren / Mairead, Gaelic Life, 14 John Street, Omagh, BT78 1DW. Tel: 028 8225 5959
Paul Welsh, Newry Reporter, 4 Margaret Street, Newry, BT35 1DF. Tel: 028 3026 7633

No1

QuoteBenny played in nets for the Bridge against Saval in a friendly game a few years ago.  He saved a penalty and kept soling the ball out of defence selling dummies and taking 1-2's.  He probably would be quite effective in nets or full back but I think it would be a bit of a waste.

It's the only answer boys, let Benny at it.

Mallon, how drunk were you when you posted that?

We are fucked and the sooner a few of you guys realise it the better.  There is no quick fix, the footballers aren't there and aren't likely to be in the next 3 years.  We are shite, so relax and forget about winning championships and just enjoy the odd day on the beer following the tubes.

Mourne Rover

The assessment from No 1 is likely to prove sadly accurate unless we can come up with a viable defence in some shape or form. The omens are not good, but we can only hope that the McKenna Cup produces some possibilities. However, the truth is that, with only a handful of exceptions, we have not been producing defenders of inter-county standard for over a decade. Until that changes, nothing else will.

whyarerefssobad

reports say clogan is back anyone confirm
always look on the bright side

amallon

No1 - I wasn't suggesting that we play Benny in nets.  I'm just saying that if he was stuck in nets he'd do alright.
Disclaimer: I am responsible for MY comments only.  I don't own this site.

No1

AM, I knew what you were saying, I was taking the piss.  No offence mean't.

Today's IN says Colgan is off to Portugal to train with the rest of the squad at the start of January.  Good to see him back.  How long till he throws the head up again?

amallon

No1 no offence taken, I just want to clarify my position before I get pulled some night in the club for suggesting Down play Benny in nets!  ;D

Good to see Colgan back, he is worth his place.

whyarerefssobad

things starting to look a bit more promising with Clarke and colgan back looking forward to mc kenna cup
always look on the bright side

RadioGAAGAA

Quote from: Mourne Rover on December 28, 2007, 11:35:52 AM
However, the truth is that, with only a handful of exceptions, we have not been producing defenders of inter-county standard for over a decade. Until that changes, nothing else will.

100% truth.

The players simply aren't in the county at the present time.
i usse an speelchekor

the milkman

Quote from: whyarerefssobad on December 28, 2007, 02:30:52 PM
things starting to look a bit more promising with Clarke and colgan back looking forward to mc kenna cup

Can any1 def. confirm that John Clarke is def. back?

Leo

Quote from: amallon on December 28, 2007, 11:49:13 AM
No1 - I wasn't suggesting that we play Benny in nets.  I'm just saying that if he was stuck in nets he'd do alright.

Play Benny in all 15 positions. This is obviously based on his outstanding form iin the Down jersey in the year just past.
Fierce tame altogether

Armagh4SamAgain

'We just go out to play our football and let the critics say what they want. They usually do anyway"

T O Hare

when benny was 15 he palyed in 97 minor final v burren at left half back and done marking job on p bradley.. he played his three remaing years in his best postion at midfield. you just need a good partner with him (cough cough)
"2008 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

amallon

Aye Tommy, I think you might need to make a few lifestyle changes!  ::)

RadioGAAGAA

Quote from: T O Hare on December 30, 2007, 01:25:45 AM
you just need a good partner with him (cough cough)

You coughing in Ross's direction?  :D
i usse an speelchekor