3 teams with big ambitions this year

knockitdown

Quote from: lumpitin on August 22, 2022, 11:48:37 AM
Where do all these clubs get the money from
Burren in ballybofey for a training weekend
Rostrevor in johnstown house
Drumgath in gweedore for the weekend as well

Do you just make this stuff up? Drumgath were training on their own field at 9 am yesterday

upandwin

Burren will win Ulster this year. Up in Ballybofey getting a training camp that Jim McGuinness was attending. With the talent at their disposal this year it would be a massive underachievement if they don't at least win another Ulster title. The money and preparation they've put in this year to keep men in the country and sort other lads with jobs etc I would be shocked if they're beaten again in 2022. Great to see the kingpins of Down finally back where they belong.

upandwin

Burren v Bridge- Burren to win by 8
Kilcoo v Clonduff- Kilcoo by 2
CPN v Saul- CPN by 2
Ballyholland v Stone- Stone by 1
An Riocht v RGU- RGU by 8
Carryduff v Ford- Carryduff by 4
Loughinisland v Castlewellan- Island by 4
Glenn v Bredagh- Glenn by 6

lumpitin

DJ and enda gormley gone from darragh cross

toby47

Quote from: upandwin on August 22, 2022, 12:53:59 PM
Burren will win Ulster this year. Up in Ballybofey getting a training camp that Jim McGuinness was attending. With the talent at their disposal this year it would be a massive underachievement if they don't at least win another Ulster title. The money and preparation they've put in this year to keep men in the country and sort other lads with jobs etc I would be shocked if they're beaten again in 2022. Great to see the kingpins of Down finally back where they belong.

Just to let you know half the teams in Ulster have had training sessions with Jim McGuinness this year. He must be making a fortune doing it. Burren are the 5th club team i've heard doing this so far.

Truth hurts

Burren minors are playing the county minor semi-final tonight in Kilcoo. Therefore a  presentation will take place at halftime of the Frank O'Hare and Seamus McFerran cups to Jim McCorry by Roger Morgan.

downtothecore

Sure Rodger might as well present the all ireland trophy also...

terrifictommy

I've seen and heard nothing that removes Kilcoo as firm favourites for the Down SFC again. They haven't shown their full hand in any games yet this year but are still ticking along really nicely, no doubt Burren have seriously improved but not sure this year will be theirs.

Love to see a championship package this year, coverage last year was very good. Is there anything out yet about what games will be covered this weekend?

Hard2Listen2

Quote from: Truth hurts on August 22, 2022, 03:44:52 PM

Burren minors are playing the county minor semi-final tonight in Kilcoo. Therefore a  presentation will take place at halftime of the Frank O'Hare and Seamus McFerran cups to Jim McCorry by Roger Morgan.

Would the trophy not be presented to the captain or has Jim got the boots out for the occasion?

TakeTheMark

Quote from: terrifictommy on August 22, 2022, 05:05:43 PM
I've seen and heard nothing that removes Kilcoo as firm favourites for the Down SFC again. They haven't shown their full hand in any games yet this year but are still ticking along really nicely, no doubt Burren have seriously improved but not sure this year will be theirs.

Love to see a championship package this year, coverage last year was very good. Is there anything out yet about what games will be covered this weekend?

They had up during the league final the games that were planned for streaming. It looked like quite a few but I couldn't remember them all. I think the game from Darragh was marked for Thursday night but I'll happily be corrected if wrong.

Truth hurts

The Kingdom will be waking up full of regrets after throwing away a chance to reach the minor championship final versus Burren in Kilcoo last night. If they keep them players together then they won't be in division 3 for too long. Is this Burren's fifth or sixth minor final in a row?

terrifictommy

Just hope the streams are a little better than some of the locations last year, just made for awkward viewing at points. But overall great service in first attempt.

TakeTheMark

The streamed games list is up now.

Loughinisland v Castlewellan
Kilcoo v Clonduff
Liatroim v Rostrevor
Ballyholland v Longstone
Carryduff v Bryansford
Burren v Mayobridge

£6 a game. Or £21 for all 6 which is good if the quality is decent.

supersub

Quote from: lumpitin on August 22, 2022, 11:48:37 AM
Where do all these clubs get the money from
Burren in ballybofey for a training weekend
Rostrevor in johnstown house
Drumgath in gweedore for the weekend as well

Rostrevor certainly weren't in Johnstown House, but whatever makes a good story  ::)