Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

islandboy

loughinisland have appointed gerard colgen and gary mason.

An Duin Abu

In reply to Niall Quinn. Have a look at my first posting again if you please. The posting regarding Jerry Quinn's comments at convention was based on facts, the posting from 'Leo' is based on rumour. Somebody is being stupid here and I don't think it is me. Can you see the difference?

johnneycool

Quote from: An Duin Abu on December 10, 2007, 03:27:31 PM
That is my point exactly Leo. Speaking from experience it is the rumour and counter rumour that has the county the way it is and is continuing to fester and do damage. I speak as someone who was a county board delegate and the back biting that goes on at that level between clubs is uncalled for. In order for the county to move on we need to move on as clubs. If you have any genuine queries raise them through your club and let them take it up at county board level and then report back to your committee. This sort of thing should not be discussed on a noticeboard (PS if you were to raise it through your club you would be very surprised who the 5 'defaulters' are. You would also be very surprised and look at them in a different light if you knew the reason for their lack of contribution!)

Coiste Contae An Duin need the time to develop the county instead of having to rake over old dying embers. The men who were in place in my opinion were nothing short of transparent at all times and there was and is nothing sinister to report.Let's move on together and bring us back to where we belong at the top of the tree. Let the men and women who have been elected deal with the issues raised

Don't do this on a message board for all to see,we should have respect for your county.

The only way to rumour and counter rumour as you put it is to come clean on all aspects. I have no problem stating that both Ballycran and Portaferry have not paid the £5K and certainly Portaferry have no intentions of paying it as they are only too glad to jest at us for being stupid f**kers for paying it and to be honest they are right unless the defaulters are brought to heel.

How many delegates at yesterdays convention were allowed to take the finance report out of the room yesterday to show their club members?

Niall Quinn

Quote from: An Duin Abu on December 10, 2007, 04:57:39 PM
In reply to Niall Quinn. Have a look at my first posting again if you please. The posting regarding Jerry Quinn's comments at convention was based on facts, the posting from 'Leo' is based on rumour. Somebody is being stupid here and I don't think it is me. Can you see the difference?

But you didn't see fit to challenge Jerry using the proper channels and afford the man right of reply, which seems to fly in the face of your advice below:

"If you have any genuine queries raise them through your club and let them take it up at county board level and then report back to your committee. This sort of thing should not be discussed on a noticeboard "
Back to the howling old owl in the woods, hunting the horny back toad

5 Sams

Is the finance report not in the convention booklet Johnny. AFAIK every club got two copies. Or are there other "accounts" produced on the day??
The Aristocrat Years

Leo

Quote from: Niall Quinn on December 10, 2007, 05:05:49 PM

"If you have any genuine queries raise them through your club and let them take it up at county board level and then report back to your committee. This sort of thing should not be discussed on a noticeboard "

An Dun Abu, you know that clubs have raised these questions (very gingerly and discreetly) and the info has NOT been forthcoming. I dont want to see the info put on this or any other board, I want it to come through my club, but I'm entitled to say on the board that we need a new level of transparency, otherwise the Ards men are right - only the mugs contribute and dont ask to see delivery.

Have YOU as a delegate seen a full statement of how much has been paid in over FIVE years now to this debt and how much the debt has been reduced? Our delegate hasnt.
Fierce tame altogether

An Duin Abu

Leo
I agree that clubs have raised these questions before and it was with great reluctance that the information on the 'defaulters' was relayed to all delegates at a county board meeting in the Donard . I personally felt that this was testimony to the top tables desire not to embarrass the clubs in question and to try and reach a suitable arrangement without 'naming and shaming'. Unfortunately it was not to be and the 5 clubs in question were named and given a right of reply. At that stage the information that you desire was provided to the floor, including the amount outstanding that each club owed. From memory two of the five clubs entered into an arrangement which leaves three clubs still 'defaulting'. Of the three one club went down the line of arranging a private and confidential meeting with An Coiste Bainisti to discuss the matter, the other two clubs I cannot comment on.
As regards seeing a full statement I can only say that I know who has 'defaulted' from the arrangement. From the point of view of accountability if that is where you are angling at I can only say that I have to trust the officers of the County Board to do what they were/are elected to do and I certainly have no evidence of any wrong doings. Apart from viewing the audited accounts like every one else I cannot see what other form of transparency can be provided, if we elect these people to do a job then let them get on with it.

DownFanatic

Division 3
We have now been informed that Down County Board have met and decided NOT to relegate us or St Pauls, therefore making division 3 one team bigger next season. - Taken from the Mitchels website.

It also says on their website that Stephen Kearney has transferred to Saval.

stpauls

Quote from: DownFanatic on December 10, 2007, 06:55:47 PM
Division 3
We have now been informed that Down County Board have met and decided NOT to relegate us or St Pauls, therefore making division 3 one team bigger next season. - Taken from the Mitchels website.

It also says on their website that Stephen Kearney has transferred to Saval.

I wouldn't read too much into that, we still haven't heard anything yet from the county board, and if you click on the more link in the article, it goes to the league table page on the Down website, though that list of 13 was there before any decision was made by Croke Park or anywhere else!

off the laces

Sincere condolences go to the geals of carryduff on the untimlely death off one of their u-13 coaches (Brendan McCann) whilst returning from a victorious match in Ballykinlar.
Im sure the rest of the down contributers all feel the same way
Rest in Peace.
Keeps 'er' straight

behind the wire

He who laughs last thinks the slowest

Lecale2

Shocking news. I just seen the article in the Irish News. RIP.

stpauls

6th sam

Quote from: off the laces on December 11, 2007, 03:31:46 PM
Sincere condolences go to the geals of carryduff on the untimlely death off one of their u-13 coaches (Brendan McCann) whilst returning from a victorious match in Ballykinlar.
Im sure the rest of the down contributers all feel the same way
Rest in Peace.

Devastating news for Brendan's family,and all of Carryduff.
Brendan typified all that is good about Carryduff CLG.
May he rest in peace.