Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

manwithnoplan

Quote from: Truth hurts on April 07, 2022, 08:48:52 AM
Good luck to all teams tonight, the first meaningful league since 2019, It should be good.

Last year was very meaningful for a number of teams who gained promotion.

Hard2Listen2

Early part of the league will be without county lads.

Any players to watch out for who could maybe put their hand up for future inclusion?

Truth hurts

Quote from: Hard2Listen2 on April 07, 2022, 11:22:10 AM

Any players to watch out for who could maybe put their hand up for future inclusion?

I think Downpatrick could be worth watching early on and have some strong young players

wobbller

It could be more than the early part.Depends when the TC is on.

Hard2Listen2

Quote from: Truth hurts on April 07, 2022, 12:53:22 PM

I think Downpatrick could be worth watching early on and have some strong young players

Who? Let's get a sensible discussion going here?

Which players will step up in the absence of the county players right across the leagues?

Truth hurts

I never got to any matches last night as I got held up after work. I heard the Fin v Bright was a fantastic game and I am raging I missed it. Any reports from any of the matches? Heavy losses for the big two Castlewellan and Bryansford in division 1. East Belfast lay down a marker in Dundrum, what a story they are. Unbelievable.

Mourne Red

Was a bit of a trimming the point got from Mayobridge.. what happened there?

terrifictommy

They've both been moving in opposite directions since last year in terms of results so I'm not really surprised. Too early to say the impact Bridges new management team have had but quite possibly they are making an impact already.
No AI hangover for Kilcoo, still the team to beat.

SamFever

Quote from: Truth hurts on April 07, 2022, 12:53:22 PM

Will you go to the RGU game?

Smurfy123

We were missing quite a few but looked as if Mayobridge were also
We have definitely not kicked on since McAleenan has left us
Some spark missing from the set up
But we will be in the hunt in the business end when we get our players back

Truth hurts

Quote from: terrifictommy on April 08, 2022, 10:48:23 AM
They've both been moving in opposite directions since last year in terms of results so I'm not really surprised. Too early to say the impact Bridges new management team have had but quite possibly they are making an impact already.
No AI hangover for Kilcoo, still the team to beat.

Did Kilcoo have many of their all Ireland winning team on? That was a hammering.

elk

Quote from: Smurfy123 on April 08, 2022, 10:53:08 AM
A lot of the point's  stronger more experienced lads were missing but some of the players last night looked like they had no appetite or interest for the game when it was a chance to impress the new management team. Some of them IMO just aren't up to division one standard. Mc Aleenan moving on has definitely left a void that hasn't been filled.

Truth hurts

lads unfortunately it's the league and no team will have a full deck until  August. Stop crying and get on with it.

SamFever

Quote from: elk on April 08, 2022, 11:28:47 AM
Quote from: Smurfy123 on April 08, 2022, 10:53:08 AM
A lot of the point's  stronger more experienced lads were missing but some of the players last night looked like they had no appetite or interest for the game when it was a chance to impress the new management team. Some of them IMO just aren't up to division one standard. Mc Aleenan moving on has definitely left a void that hasn't been filled.
the new management team? This is their 2nd season

urbangael

I know its just week 1 but The Bridge totally outclassed the Point last night.  Tactical battle easily won by Poucher and Clarke.  The Ford and Town could easily find themselves in Div 2 next season.