Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nanderson

Quote from: snoopdog on April 02, 2022, 09:12:30 AM
Quote from: SHEEDY on April 02, 2022, 08:57:42 AM
Quote from: Last Caress on April 02, 2022, 12:24:43 AM
Are tickets for U20 game against tyrone sold out? Tried the tickets site but none for sale.
same, says ticket window is closed.
Is it in Garvaghy?
Loughmacrory

snoopdog

Good luck to our U20 footballers this afternoon and the senior hurlers in the league final in thurles. Could be a great day for Down Gaa.

Hard2Listen2

Minors beat 2-14 to 0.8 in Garvaghey

Hard2Listen2

U20s also beat 1.13 to 1.08 at Loughmacrory this time.

Over to the hurlers.

Nanderson

Quote from: Hard2Listen2 on April 02, 2022, 02:27:19 PM

Over to the hurlers.
Wasn't a bad performance. Just a few handling errors and misplaced passes cost them in the end. Tyrone definitely the more clinical side and they pushed on with the help of the breeze in the 2nd half. 

Johnnysboys

Quote from: Nanderson on April 02, 2022, 02:40:53 PM

Over to the hurlers.
Wasn't a bad performance. Just a few handling errors and misplaced passes cost them in the end. Tyrone definitely the more clinical side and they pushed on with the help of the breeze in the 2nd half.

Wasn't a bad performance - are you serious? We scored a grand total of 3 points from the 26th minute of the first half until the end of the game. I said on this board a while ago - we won an Ulster u20 championship last year by playing one of the big guns in Ulster (Monaghan) who were in emotional turmoil after losing a teammate. We then played a real team and were knocked out.
This year we play a traditional Ulster powerhouse and - gone. Can we now please move on from this super duper unbelievable management team to realise they got so bloody lucky last year. They are no where near the level we require for our senior post when it becomes available.

befair

Is the hurling game on live anywhere?

imtommygunn

It might be on tg4 online I think.  I saw an advert for it saying tg4 but the football is on tv.

Mourne Red

Quote from: Johnnysboys on April 02, 2022, 03:01:00 PM

Over to the hurlers.

Wasn't a bad performance - are you serious? We scored a grand total of 3 points from the 26th minute of the first half until the end of the game. I said on this board a while ago - we won an Ulster u20 championship last year by playing one of the big guns in Ulster (Monaghan) who were in emotional turmoil after losing a teammate. We then played a real team and were knocked out.
This year we play a traditional Ulster powerhouse and - gone. Can we now please move on from this super duper unbelievable management team to realise they got so bloody lucky last year. They are no where near the level we require for our senior post when it becomes available.

JB who would your pick for the top job be? Or would you wait and see how the club championship went to see who's up too it? I know there'll be a clamour for some for Jimmy McGuinness but I think time has passed him by and his style of play is out of date

Leftmidfield

Quote from: imtommygunn on April 02, 2022, 03:52:50 PM
It might be on tg4 online I think.  I saw an advert for it saying tg4 but the football is on tv.
TG4 YouTube according to ScoreBeo

snoopdog

Quote from: Mourne Red on April 02, 2022, 04:19:14 PM
Quote from: Johnnysboys on April 02, 2022, 03:01:00 PM

Over to the hurlers.

JB who would your pick for the top job be? Or would you wait and see how the club championship went to see who's up too it? I know there'll be a clamour for some for Jimmy McGuinness but I think time has passed him by and his style of play is out of date
If Down seniors had any style of play it would be a start. .

U20s I didnt see it but I belive from those that were at it the 2nd half Down were very poor.  I can't recall the last time a Down underage team beat Tyrone.  They are miles ahead of Down.

SHEEDY

Down U20s played well for first 20 mins but as soon as Tyrone got back level and went ahead at start of 2nd half Down had no answer. Kick outs were major problem, every kick out was on top of Oran Murdock, if he didn't win it we had no other plan. None of the subs made much difference and in reality Down were beat half way through the 2nd half.

Apart from Murdock, who Tyrone eventually got on top off, there wasn't many others who you'd say are ready for the call up to the seniors
nil satis nisi optimum

Smurfy123

Down 20s today were poor. Got a big lead at the start and after that were clueless.
Once Tyrone got going they looked very good
2 points in the last 50 minutes of football
Blame James
Blame Laverty
Have we got it?
A bad month for Down football
Seniors hammered
20s beat well
17s hammered

What is happening to the 17s ?
Who is over them

Kong King

Quote from: Smurfy123 on April 02, 2022, 07:31:18 PM
Down 20s today were poor. Got a big lead at the start and after that were clueless.
Once Tyrone got going they looked very good
2 points in the last 50 minutes of football
Blame James
Blame Laverty
Have we got it?
A bad month for Down football
Seniors hammered
20s beat well
17s hammered

What is happening to the 17s ?
Who is over them

Think Cunningham from Burren