Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Too many steps

Quote from: whitegoodman on March 30, 2022, 03:56:27 PM
Is the match on Saturday available to watch online ?

Probably on Beosport (Ulster GAA streaming service).

There's a link to it on Ulster GAA site - UlsterGAA TV I think it's called on their home page.

Johnnysboys

A big blow but Burren have plenty of up and coming players from the successful underage teams to fill his place.
[/quote]

Aye they will fill his jersey but won't offer what Kerr offers in terms of pace and direct running at the opposition. I think we will see in the coming weeks and months a number of young lads heading away to play football or simply travel.

Godsown

And why not? These young guys have had 2 years ripped from them due to Covid, play for their county and torn asunder on discussion boards like this. Go and enjoy yourselves boys and come back refreshed

ardtole

Id agree 100% Godsowen, you will see young lads from every county taking the chance to travel this year. Best of luck to them.

rosskarr

I'd agree also.Passports at the ready and ✈️✈️✈️

snoopdog

Agree also. No point hanging around to play in the tailteann Cup. Come back next year and commit to football and see where it takes them. Only young once

Truth hurts

Quote from: snoopdog on March 30, 2022, 10:23:41 PM
Agree also. No point hanging around to play in the tailteann Cup. Come back next year and commit to football and see where it takes them. Only young once

With apathy like this, it's no wonder we are stuck where we are.

SamFever

Quote from: Godsown on March 30, 2022, 09:27:22 PM
And why not? These young guys have had 2 years ripped from them due to Covid, play for their county and torn asunder on discussion boards like this. Go and enjoy yourselves boys and come back refreshed
I hope some of the Div2 panellists clear off for the summer,we'll maybe get some easy league points.

Truth hurts

Quote from: SamFever on March 31, 2022, 09:15:31 AM
I hope some of the Div2 panellists clear off for the summer,we'll maybe get some easy league points.

I heard Saval have been going well in pre-season and beat some div 1 teams.

snoopdog

Quote from: Truth hurts on March 31, 2022, 09:01:33 AM

With apathy like this, it's no wonder we are stuck where we are.
Bar 2010 when they all got behind the management and put in performances and nearly won an all Ireland that word Apathy sums up Down football this last 20 odd years. I started following Down in the early 80s and we always had players that would compete with the best since the turn of the millenium we have been left behind by the bug counties and don't look like we are capable of trying to compete.

SamFever

Quote from: Truth hurts on March 31, 2022, 09:23:15 AM

Danny is winning matches but only pre-season so we'll see how our derby match with Glenn goes next Thurs.

Truth hurts

Quote from: SamFever on March 31, 2022, 10:29:06 AM

Danny is winning matches but only pre-season so we'll see how our derby match with Glenn goes next Thurs.

Will be tough but you have them at home. Did you beat Warrenpoint?

SamFever

Quote from: Truth hurts on March 31, 2022, 01:32:07 PM
Quote from: SamFever on March 31, 2022, 10:29:06 AM

Will be tough but you have them at home. Did you beat Warrenpoint?
Wasn't there but McCartan and McParland will be bigger loss for them than Pat for us.

wobbller

Management should be looking at games in the first 4 or 5 fixtures to see players who could potentially step up if Down panellists disappear.

Lotto

Quote from: wobbller on March 31, 2022, 05:44:21 PM
Management should be looking at games in the first 4 or 5 fixtures to see players who could potentially step up if Down panellists disappear.

Yeah, just throw the towel in and slip away off back to your club or jet off to the States when you are really needed. Hasn't this snowflake mentality got us into the position we are currently in, when things get tough just walk away.

As for the 2022/23 management, after 5 years of underachievement and mediocrity with the Minors and relegation with the Seniors should Mc Cartan & crew even be back next year? Back to square one I know but I don't see any future in this current set up. A new man nearly always gets a bounce from the players in his first year, it has been totally the opposite here so why continue with it?