Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

manwithnoplan

Quote from: Johnnysboys on March 21, 2022, 05:19:39 PM
Quote from: 5times5times on March 21, 2022, 10:36:18 AM
Where was Mooney yesterday? Injured? Didn't see him part of the subs either?

Monaghan will beat us by 20+ points.. Sean Og and CO to blame for this miss. Look at the job Tally is doing in Kerry now. Yet Down being Down, chased another good manager due to county exec idiocy.

County exec idiocy?? How do u work that out? I listened to a podcast last week where Tally said the executive voted him back in but he didn't feel he had the full backing of the clubs when it was put to them. Are players not entitled to a few drinks? It's not professional sport. Plus why train on St Patrick's day when you know there is a chance of this happening.

Not much chance of it happening elsewhere. I doubt many of the Armagh players turned up half juiced when they trained on Paddy's day.

ck

It's laughable to note the sudden support for Tally on here? Do you all forget the shambles Down were last year? Stumbling over a poor Laois side in a relegation playoff before another hammering to Donegal. There was no kickout plan, played horribly defensive and didn't score enough.
There's certainly been no improvement this year and Down are probably the worst team in Ulster as things stand.

thebar

Monaghan will beat us by 20+ points.. Sean Og and CO to blame for this miss. Look at the job Tally is doing in Kerry now. Yet Down being Down, chased another good manager due to county exec idiocy.

County exec idiocy?? How do u work that out? I listened to a podcast last week where Tally said the executive voted him back in but he didn't feel he had the full backing of the clubs when it was put to them. Are players not entitled to a few drinks? It's not professional sport. Plus why train on St Patrick's day when you know there is a chance of this happening.
Ah Johnny come on of course lads are entitled to a drink but there is a time and place for everything. Turning up to training sauced (if true) is inexcusable, wouldn't be tolerated at any half serious club never mind county level. And with regards professionalism to even compete the level of commitment required is not far of professional levels, maybe this is (in part) why Down find themselves where they are today.

Pocs pints and the gaa

He was in Quinns in Newcastle

SamFever

Quote from: Pocs pints and the gaa on March 22, 2022, 07:45:07 AM

He was in Quinns in Newcastle
Away back to the Lough shore and annoy ones from there as you have been doing for a few years.

Godsown

No ratings Sam or just rants today ?

Truth hurts

Players can have a drink when they are not training.

Terry O'Hanlon for county executive ASAP.

Truth hurts

Quote from: SamFever on March 21, 2022, 07:10:50 PM
Quote from: Truth hurts on March 21, 2022, 02:23:32 PM
I wish it was a wind up tbh lads drinking, stag parties etc The money should be taken from the primadonnas, they do not deserve expert coaching, expert s and c etc
We need a root and branch change in Down GAA.
We are making the same mistakes and getting the worst results.

There was a good following of Down support in Cork, people giving up their time and money to go and watch men who pretend they care about the fortunes of the county but in reality, could not care two monkeys.
Will you be running for Office in this root&branch reform of our County?I'm sure you'll have a lot of prominent backers throughout the County.

No I wont be as I am not equipped for it but there are people in the county who are but are not involved.

SamFever

Quote from: Godsown on March 22, 2022, 08:51:14 AM
No ratings Sam or just rants today ?
Can't rate what I didn't see but can rant when a foreigner comes on bad mouthing a fellow Down man.

SamFever

Quote from: Truth hurts on March 22, 2022, 08:57:17 AM

That would involve an EGM mid season but get you it sorted and we'll all be fine.

johnnycool

Quote from: SamFever on March 22, 2022, 09:13:57 AM

That would involve an EGM mid season but get you it sorted and we'll all be fine.

What's Jack Devaney done wrong now?

thewobbler

Quote from: johnnycool on March 22, 2022, 09:26:30 AM
Quote from: SamFever on March 22, 2022, 09:13:57 AM

What's Jack Devaney done wrong now?

Well it's like this:

With the current exception of Kilcoo senior footballers, our clubs make no impact in Ulster club circles.

With the occasional exception of St Colman's, our schools make no impact in Ulster schools circles.

We barely manage a representation on UU or Ranch Sigerson, and even our QUB representation is dwindling.

The youngest players in Down football with an Ulster minor championship medal, are just turning 40.

——

The players aren't there. And the ones that are good enough are young fellas who've spent most of the past 2 years indoors like hermits.

You can bet your life that had this been a promotion decider for a team with a strong bench and and a positive future, they'd have continued as hermits for another week or two at least. But that's not us. Currently we are of D3 standard.

But blaming Jack Devaney is an easy out for some. For someone has to be to blame. I blame the clubs and schools myself, but hey ho.

Truth hurts

I am not blaming John Devanney, he's a top-class chairperson. He should steer the ship.

Wobbler the players are there to be competing at the top end of division 2, our leagues and championship is brilliant, far better than Armagh so what are they doing differently.

Pocs pints and the gaa

Quote from: Truth hurts on March 22, 2022, 09:56:02 AM
I am not blaming John Devanney, he's a top-class chairperson. He should steer the ship.

Wobbler the players are there to be competing at the top end of division 2, our leagues and championship is brilliant, far better than Armagh so what are they doing differently.

Consistency and continuity of management and players. Armagh were a yo-yo division 2/3 team not long ago.

Truth hurts

how can we continue with managers when our clubs sack them at every opportunity. I blame the clubs and the county board delegates who are a massive problem in the county. Personally, they should not have the power to do this and it should be left to county executive.