Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hard2Listen2

Quote from: Lloyd p on March 07, 2022, 01:49:23 PM
Quote from: Mourne Red on March 07, 2022, 12:31:04 PM
Quote from: Truth hurts on March 07, 2022, 12:11:26 PM
What way is the u19 competition going? I see RGU did not field yesterday. I suppose the Armagh clubs filled in a hole for the team who could not field but I cannot see anyone beating Burren.

A big week for us and I really hope and I think we can beat Offally. Team selection will be massive but I think if we get the right team out we should do it.

It is excellent to see the hurlers doing well. Fair play to Ronan and the boys.

In relation to the PR, some people like to have a moan against volunteers for no reason. Down GAA PR is really good and is run by a good group of volunteers. I have no doubt they will be glad of more help from the likes of lotto, mourne red and Ed.

Too busy playing and coaching Truth - maybe if you got out of the eateries in East Down you'd be able help your own club out and get Ballykinlar off its hole.

Ex Dundrum and now Loughinisland player and coaching guru?? ;D

Who's this then?

wobbller

Much and all as I enjoy the subjects discussed.Could relatively new posters not try and use the quote function properly? 🤷🏻‍♂️

lumpitin

Moran gone from kilcoo, gilligan and thornton taking over as joint managers

wobbller

Quote from: lumpitin on March 08, 2022, 08:09:27 AM
Some man for one man!

Truth hurts

Quote from: lumpitin on March 08, 2022, 08:09:27 AM

Joint managers never work IMO
Kilcoo has lost Terry and Mickey in the past few weeks. I think they are happy they have reached the summit.

lumpitin

Joint managers worked alright for tyrone last year  :-\

Lloyd p

Quote from: Hard2Listen2 on March 07, 2022, 08:36:30 PM
Quote from: Lloyd p on March 07, 2022, 01:49:23 PM
Quote from: Mourne Red on March 07, 2022, 12:31:04 PM
Quote from: Truth hurts on March 07, 2022, 12:11:26 PM
What way is the u19 competition going? I see RGU did not field yesterday. I suppose the Armagh clubs filled in a hole for the team who could not field but I cannot see anyone beating Burren.

A big week for us and I really hope and I think we can beat Offally. Team selection will be massive but I think if we get the right team out we should do it.

It is excellent to see the hurlers doing well. Fair play to Ronan and the boys.

In relation to the PR, some people like to have a moan against volunteers for no reason. Down GAA PR is really good and is run by a good group of volunteers. I have no doubt they will be glad of more help from the likes of lotto, mourne red and Ed.

Too busy playing and coaching Truth - maybe if you got out of the eateries in East Down you'd be able help your own club out and get Ballykinlar off its hole.

Ex Dundrum and now Loughinisland player and coaching guru?? ;D

Who's this then?

Mr Mourne Red there  ;D

Hard2Listen2

No ex-Dundrum players at Loughinisland is there?

I believe there's a few ex-Loughinisland players at Dundrum though.

Captain Obvious

Going from bad to worse for Down it seems.

ONLY 17 outfield players turned up fit to train for relegation-threatened Down on Saturday morning.

The Mournemen are beset with injuries and unavailability and, although All-Ireland club winners Ryan McEvoy and Anthony Morgan have now linked up with the squad, things may yet get worse for Down before they get better.

Kilcoo full-back McEvoy was unable to train on Saturday and Morgan limped out of the session while Caolan Mooney (quad), Barry O'Hagan (rib injury), Pat Havern and Andrew Gilmore (hamstring strains) also sat out the weekend session.

Kilcoo's All-Ireland final goal-scoring hero Jerome Johnston has yet to train with the squad and Ceilum Doherty is currently abroad so, with one point on the board and just three games to go, the odds seem stacked against James McCartan's men surviving in Division Two and avoiding being part of the second tier Tailteann Cup competition.

Truth hurts

I still think we will be ok for Saturday please God, where is Docherty away to? Can any of the Kilcoo posters on here tell me why there is a disconnect between Kilcoo and the county? I think the whole county got behind them when they went on and even the clubs who would traditionally be their biggest rivals got behind them. The county board was supportive and the PR was great too. I often wondered why the likes of Dabs never wanted to test himself versus the best on the biggest stage.
Hopefully, Jerome is available for Saturday and if we win it will give us some boost heading to Cork and give the traveling party to Cork a reason to be optimistic.
I hear young Middelton has left the county which is a shame as he has great potential. But you got to earn your crust on county panels now and it will take a few years to bed in. Players are coming into county squads now expecting to play all the time. Only 15 can play. Players are listening to club managers and club people to get them to stop the county to benefit the club. This is holding us back.

wobbller

Quote from: Truth hurts on March 09, 2022, 12:28:59 PM
I still think we will be ok for Sunday please God, where is Docherty away to? Can any of the Kilcoo posters on here tell me why there is a disconnect between Kilcoo and the county? I think the whole county got behind them when they went on and even the clubs who would traditionally be their biggest rivals got behind them. The county board was supportive and the PR was great too. I often wondered why the likes of Dabs never wanted to test himself versus the best on the biggest stage.
Hopefully, Jerome is available for Saturday and if we win it will give us some boost heading to Cork and give the traveling party to Cork a reason to be optimistic.
I hear young Middelton has left the county which is a shame as he has great potential. But you got to earn your crust on county panels now and it will take a few years to bed in. Players are coming into county squads now expecting to play all the time. Only 15 can play. Players are listening to club managers and club people to get them to stop the county to benefit the club. This is holding us back.

Will you be going on Sunday? ;D  Most people will be going on Saturday for 5pm

Hard2Listen2

Quote from: wobbller on March 09, 2022, 12:35:50 PM
I still think we will be ok for Sunday please God, where is Docherty away to? Can any of the Kilcoo posters on here tell me why there is a disconnect between Kilcoo and the county? I think the whole county got behind them when they went on and even the clubs who would traditionally be their biggest rivals got behind them. The county board was supportive and the PR was great too. I often wondered why the likes of Dabs never wanted to test himself versus the best on the biggest stage.

Will you be going on Sunday? ;D  Most people will be going on Saturday for 5pm

Unless he has too much homework or a meeting in the Busy 🐝

SamFever

I still think we will be ok for Saturday please God, where is Docherty away to? Can any of the Kilcoo posters on here tell me why there is a disconnect between Kilcoo and the county? I think the whole county got behind them when they went on and even the clubs who would traditionally be their biggest rivals got behind them. The county board was supportive and the PR was great too. I often wondered why the likes of Dabs never wanted to test himself versus the best on the biggest stage.
My God you do spout some rubbish.
1) How could we be Ok for Sat given our previous performances and apparent injury concerns?
2) Have you no clue as why there is a disconnect between Kilcoo and the rest of the County including the rest of East Down?
3) Dabs is just not interested.Full stop
4) Travelling party to Cork.Phewww!!!
5)Liam M leaving the panel is I suppose justified in his own mind.The midfield pairing has remained untouched and seems to be unmoveable despite being cleaned out in a lot of matches.
6) A few years to bed in? Young Murtagh is too young and hasn't been bedded in but he's from Burren.
7) Club Managers and people telling players not be with the County.Catch yourself on.

Truth hurts

Quote from: SamFever on March 09, 2022, 08:01:21 PM
My God you do spout some rubbish.
1) How could we be Ok for Sat given our previous performances and apparent injury concerns?
2) Have you no clue as why there is a disconnect between Kilcoo and the rest of the County including the rest of East Down?
3) Dabs is just not interested.Full stop
4) Travelling party to Cork.Phewww!!!
5)Liam M leaving the panel is I suppose justified in his own mind.The midfield pairing has remained untouched and seems to be unmoveable despite being cleaned out in a lot of matches.
6) A few years to bed in? Young Murtagh is too young and hasn't been bedded in but he's from Burren.
7) Club Managers and people telling players not be with the County.Catch yourself on.

Is that your wee rant over?

Offaly is not good. We will beat them.
No! I do not understand the disconnect. It annoys me as we supported Kilcoo.
His brothers have played for the county. Is there a root cause?
There is a supporters bus or two Heading down.
If you think club managers have never been in the ears of fringe county players telling them to quit and to concentrate on the club?

SamFever

Back on again this morning is the man who is not allowed to post on here outside the working/School day.